Posts by TuxedoSteve

Just to clarify, to process uranium, the process is:
    Ore -> Macerator -> Ore Washer -> Thermal Centrifuge which results in U-235 and U-238, which one needs to be put through the Canning Machine to create the fuel rods? I'm betting 235 is the one I want.

I would test it myself but I'm not at my main machine.

You need to use 3 small piles of U235, and 6 U238 to make 1 enriched uranium nuclear fuel which you run through the canning machine with a fuel rod. Although it seems like it uses a lot of U238 you will actually have some let over even if you have used all of your U235 possible. which can then be used for MOX cells, as well as the U238 you get from centrifuging the depleted uranium cells.

Yup! A better example of how IC2 is being ruined by greg I have yet to see.
    Seriously.. the new UU-matter system is just STUPID broken.

You do realize that Greg did not make the changes to the UU-matter system, that was done entirely by Player and Thunderdark. Also, Greg does not add features to Ic2, he just does compatibility and bug fixes.

Also, please explain to me how the new UU-matter system is "STUPID broken" I prefer it over the old system because it:
    1. Allows 1 item to be made instead of being forced to make multiple for some recipes.

2. It allows higher costs then 9 batches of UU for an item (which is extremely reasonable for some things).

3.It allows more recipes to be made for UU matter, because eventually you can run out of different crafting combinations, and you might want more UU to be required for higher priced items, 9 or example, but that only gives 1 option for a crating layout and it is already taken by diamonds.

GT Bronze Workbench is pretty much like this.
    Except of its horrible orange GUI color, it is really neat in terms of item storage, consistant crafting area and its slots for tools.

The idea with one machine/block for everything... nope.

Instead of using the bronze workbench you can use the advanced one (forgot its name) it is essentially the same, but with the ability to charge tools, hold more liquids, and not horribly bronze

I think it might have been fixed in experimental build #206

"fix handling container items with stacksize > 1 in InvSlotConsumable"

Rgarding capturing all the energy: remember that the transformers no longer output multiple packets down a line. The EV transformer can only send 2048 EU/t on the output side even if you're using a 8192 EU/t cable and multiple receiving MFSUs. It might possibly work that you can have multiple independent lines coming from the same transformer so it'll output more, but potentially you'll need multiple transformers as well. I haven't tested it yet.

For his setup, he will need at least 2 EV transformers, and 2 MFSUs as to not cause a bottleneck.

unless if i learn how to use Gt/IC2 nuclear reactors, it looks like im going to work for a iridium windmill, also does anyone have cool building designs? that has always been one of my hardest parts hahaha

Just use a carbon rotor, due to a bug they do not break. Also for decent reactor designs, there are plenty of threads in the Nuclear Engineering section of the forum.

Edit: 300th Post!!!!

ya, ive used lots of stone bricks and some railcraft, and i like it but i want to change it up. i couldnt find and GT granite and i was also looking at the force bricks, but i cant figure out how to make them

I looked it up, and force bricks are crafted with 1 force nugget surrounded by 8 stone bricks.

Personally I like the look of vanilla Quartz, and stone bricks. GregTech Red and Black Granite and it's variants looks good, as well as Railcraft Quarried and Abyssal stone and it's variants

First off, fluid enrich mode is used to create fluid construction foam, you pump water into the first tank (can maybe use watercells?) and you put the cf mix (I forget the name, but its the thing made of stone dust) in the second slot.

Second, MOX is a nuclear fuel that I think lasts half as long as uranium, but you get an energy multiplier based on how hot the reactor its running in is, up to 4x generation. When you thermal centrifuge the depleted MOX cells you will get 3 full plutonium per cell, 1 small pile of plutonium per cell and a certain amount of iron dust based on the cell type, so essentially MOX uses no plutonium, it is more of an upfront cost/catalyst to cause the U238 to react.

Yes, Greg has tweaked plutonium as well as thorium and the reactor planner was never updated to respect the changes, I would recommend testing the designs in the Computer cube as it tends to be much more accurate.

Pretty sure they removed lap packs, and buffed bat-packs, so the crash could be gravisuit trying to use the lap pack to craft the ultimate lap pack.

I'm pretty sure lappacks still exist but not as lappacks, as Energy Packs which store 2 million EU. I'm not really sure how mods add recipes using other mods items, so that may or may not be the issue still.

I agree with SpwnX here, but I personally like to silk all my ores (saves inventory space) then process them. My opinion is to fortune lapis and most gemstones, because it tends to yield more, and if I have a grinder I try to silktouch coal, even though its a bit of a waste, because it now gives 2 tiny piles of thorium instead o 1 (which ironically is now not useful for reactor fuel). Also if you are using Ic2 experimental uranium ore now drops as an ore, so no need to use silktouch.

I'm excited about GraviSuit for IC2 Exp release!

But I found something isn't right.
    The Solar Helmet can not recharge the Quantum Suit(The Helmet itself and Gravisuit(body) works
    But original Quantum Suit for pants and boot won't get recharge by solar helmet.

My version is IC2-Exp 2.0.167 and Forge 9.10.0.845, with your Gravitation Suit 1.9.6
    :)

This is caused because the Quantum suit was bumped up to tier 4, but the solar helmet still only charges tier 3 and lower, the gravisuit and helmet can be charged because the gravisuit is tier 2, and the helmet is tier 3.

>
    Alright, thanks. Another off the wall question, When i have a miner and a pump together with a chest touching them, lava/water cells dont get put into the chest. Also, any redstone mined goes into the power slot of the pump instead of in the chest. The machines are powered from a cable. Is any of this behavior intentional?

I'm not sure about the cells not going into the chest, but the redstone going into the pump is intentional, because redstone can be used as an energy source when put into the battery slot of machines, my recommendation would be to put an empty battery in the battery slot and keep it connected to the cable, or you can just power it with a battery, and that should be enough for at least one run with the miner.