Posts by Fallen_dead

*Cough* [1.95+SMP]SeedManager v2.4 - Taking the hassle out of agriculture.*Cough*

Welcome to the forum, make sure to read the rule's

I was thinking on a server, you would have cables coming from a town powerhouse, and then have it run out under the street. It would run into an Energy-O-Mat, and then the output would be the ONLY unprotected side. So they build their house in the plot, and hook up to the power and pay a power bill.

I did something similar to this on a small friends only server, i built CF foam foundations with a LV Transformer bumping down voltage from the MV grid.
    The way i charged for for power wasnt by amount used but for the actual connection. i made a small building with a trade-o-mat and a personal safe for each user, the user paid afew IC coins, got a snow ball out (We were in a snow biome, more abundant then dirt) and i made sure i kept there power on for the week.
    If the user didnt pay for there power they had one week to pay back there bill before i cut off there power.

If its similar to Thaumcraft, then why not: Put Upgrade into via rightclick on the Machine, and then if you dont need it anymore, put every single Upgrade out via the Wrench before beginning dismantling, like with the Wand of Reversal, but if you dont use the Losslessmode, then the Upgrades are having a chance to break.

Seems like a reasonable enough compromise.
    And as far as adding something that would make people unhappy, why not add a config option? configs are there to help us customize how we wanna play.

Maby its just my play style but its always bugged me that i can just shift upgrades around to different machines that i am using.

My suggested change is to make upgrades permanent, In a way similar to Thaumcraft, You may ask "But what if i want to move my machine?" lets call machines without upgrades stock machines and machines with upgrades modded machines.
    If you wanted to move a stock machine it would behave in the same way that they currently do, dropping a block that can be stacked. on the other hand, if you were to move a modded machine then it would drop a unstackabkle block that still maintains the upgrades.
    Visual representation:
    (Going to add them in afew minutes)

I've been searching around on the youtubes and the googles and I can't seem to find a redstone design tutorial for a nuclear reactor timer. Well, for vanilla minecraft redstone, that is. I've found tons of redpower tuts but I'm looking for something harder. Anyone interested in finding out how to make a reactor run for several seconds and then shutting down for several minutes automatically, probably using a latch or repeater clock? Or is there already a tutorial or diagram?

step 1: Install redpower.

step 2: Use redpower.

Step 3: You have now conquered redstone.

Could you make it so that the miner will mine red power items like rubys, sapphires, and emeralds. Also for some reason it wont mine diamond, at least I don't think so because I've done a 36x36 square and not found any diamonds.

FENIXR! I choose you!
    Use Hyper-PWN!

Your getting unlucky with the diamonds, hell you might be useing the miner wrong. if you want the miner to mine redpower ore then you have to add it to the config

It always bugged me that when you break storage blocks (Batbox, MFE, MFSU) any stored energy just *Poof* Disappears.

My suggestion, make storage blocks maintain there energy level, when you break a storage block that has power still in it, it should drop a block with a damage value similar to the way that battery's store there energy.

I'm not sure if this is possible without base file modification but some input would be nice.

As a second thought, would this be too over powered? would this unbalance and Nerf battery's too much?

Fallen: That's a good point. However, it should also be noted in the wiki article that different materials are used for different purposes. An example given is that an aluminum liner (the cone you spoke of) is used when the target surface is concrete.

Yes I know but i went with saying copper for two reasons.
    1.Its the first metal i think of when i hear shape charges.
    2. I was on my IPod and didnt want to type a long message. :P

I'm looking into making a Add on/conversion Of the last days texture pack. The only problem i have is that the owner of the pack has changed alot.

1. Doku (Original Creator)
    2. History (First Revivalist)
    3. dereksmith (Second revivalist/ Current owner?)

So my question is should i just Make a texture pack/ add on or should i try to gain "Permission" from dereksmith.
    I just dont know who the "legal" owner is or what i should do.