Posts by Fallen_dead

Are you playing on a server or singleplayer?

For a sec i though you deleted this thread, then must have made it again. Maybe because no one posted? Dont do that again.

Also No, there is no trigger to make the "Transformer" to start spilling the EU to recharge stuff and if you dont had one, then you end up making a EU waste machine with every transformer, at least the recharger plate cover that perfectly. Besides there should be no need to add another use to the transformer just because YOU dont use it, i know plenty of other people do use it.

I did nothing of the sort.
    I did edit afew typos maby putting the post in some sort of limbo?

If a trigger is required then I agree I over looked that portion.
    My original intent was for it to sit idle always "on" but not consuming power enless it's needed.
    With my understanding of the power system I beleve that should be possible but I have been know to be wrong.
    You are also missing my point about why I was wanting to add another function for the transformer, it's not because I don't have uses for them; a dual purpose seemed more easily acceptable than makeing another block causing more problems for everyone involved.

I had this idea for awhile but I tend to ghost the forms alot and not say much.
    I finally got the kick in the pants to post my form of the idea after zaratustra posted his/her first suggestion Here.

The idea:
    The basic principal is to allow you to charge your equipped items Armor/tools and such while within an area as you work with your machines and chests.
    I would want a this to be an effect over time verse a instant effect.

In Zaratustra's suggestion it was brought up to make this a new item. I am more towards expanding more uses for existing items then adding new gadgets.

Why?:
    Personally in my play style i dont use transformers for much except regulating storage units. i think that adding another functionality of the transformer would be a nice expansion to an already in game item.
    Your probably thinking "Charging from transformers? i have to make a floor of transformers!?!" well i already have this addressed in basic usage.

[size=14[u]Basic Usage[/u]:[/size]

Understanding usage:
    Transformers: Transformers are the block that you must supply power to in order to energize the block floor. Different tiered transformers allow you to charge there respective tier's gear.
    LV: :Chainsaw: :Diamond Drill: :Mining Drill: :Batpack:
    MV: All LV tools and :Mining Laser: :Nano Saber: :Nano-Bodyarmor: :Electric Jetpack:
    HV: All LV, MV, Lappack and :Quantum-Bodyarmor:

Floor Material: What the block floor is made from is very important. as you increase the Transformer Tier you must also upgrade the material which your chargeing floor is made from Hayo! (Tier levels need balancing.)
    LV: Copper or tin blocks.
    MV: Bronze or iron.
    HV: Gold?

Please let me know what you think.
    Questions?

While taking some time to think about Albs plans for a new plant system in which he mentioned that Red stone farming might be a possibility i got an idea.
    IRL some plants have the ability to grow Crystal like structures. (Cant find my AP Biology Notes >.<)
    I apologize for not being able to show my sources but i know that some of these crystals have been used in advanced computer chips.

so here is what i am getting at.
    i believe that if red stone farming was implemented that it would become very over powered and horridly Nerfed.
    so instead of direct red stone farming why not grow crystals as a substitute?

I could do that, but it's academic. I've alrady got a wiring infrastructure that serves more than one machine and has variable incoming power.
    Regardless, even if a STACK of sand could be made with a single piece of UU-M, that's almost 2000 EU per piece. You know it doesn't cost that much to macerate cobble.

Why must people nitpick the irrevelant details and overlook the actual point?

didnt mean to start an argument; it was only a simple question. :|

Luminators are fairly good at producing light, but not so good at making mobs catch fire. The mob more or less has to be in the /exact/ same cube as the light in order to catch fire.

It would be much nicer if the 'fire' area of effect were a 3x3 box with the luminator in the center; any obstructions of course blocking the box by definition. Among other improvements, this would allow for different hallway configurations than luminator on the floor before a door.

seeing as how luminators are meant for light! and not to grind mobs i dont think this should be buffed.

if you want a effective way to defend a door then invest in a tesla coil or a looped electrical system.

I am actually the person that edited that into the wiki.
    Assuming you already updated to v1.337 it should work, if you have yet to update then there's the problem.

edit: Tested again, works fine for me in v1.337.

As the title says.Make all machines have a option to activate a "speed boost" [using redstone current or a option in machine GUI] at the cost of 4x or more energy per operation and make them overheat {maybe explode?} if they are used with speed boost for too long, like a computer when overclocked.

Then we wouldnt have to make lots of macerators,recyclers... instead make more Generators to supply its energy demand.

i like the direction of your idea. my only suggestion is that instead of useing an overclock mode, why not allow them to operate depending on the usable energy. my example: :Geothermal Generator: + :MFE-Transmitter: + :LV-Transformer: = (all my machines). the MFE usually sends larger packets of energy to my machines than they can all use.

but if they are able to use more energy (with a boost speed) when more is available it would be more efficiant. and reasonabley balanced.

the idea seems valid.
    i just really don't like access card idea.
    maby using a freq trans as a storage device would be a good alternative.
    or a central destination pad?

original idea:
    two telepads connected

(O)---------(O)

central pad:

(O) (O) (O)
    \ l /
    (X)
    / l \
    (O) (O) (O)

Okay Industrial Boys and Girls. I have been playing with the new content and am having a little bit of a problem with the construction foam.
    I like the fact that its fire, creeper proof etc but! I do not like that i seem to be wasting alot when i am building.

Here is my suggestion:
    Similar to the mining laser the foam sprayer should get different spraying modes.
    1.) The standard spray.
    2.) A horizontal and vertical spray.
    3.) A single block spray.

I see the saying "This would be simple to implement" but, I honestly think it would be. The changing of fire modes for the mining laser is already there.
    I cant imagine this would take tons of time to code.

and since ive brought it up already, do you think that the recipe is to easy to craft?

Please tell me what you guys think.