Posts by Gorni

First: I KNOW that fusion reactors were discussed and denied, but all proposals were very bad thought stuff, like 2 sentences or less. Pls read it and think about it. Don just say no before taking a look.

I wanted to make a new Suggestion, a new high end reactor for energy needs not even a nuclear reactor can support. The Fusion reactor! Capable of emitting TONS of energy at a not soo high price. The only big negative part, this thing is VERY expensive to build and needs 2 things already achieved:
    A working Massfab
    a working nuclear reactor/breeder.
    You will soon see why. I do not Expect this thing to be like included in the next release or something like this, but I would definitely like to see it released some day.
    I once read that you (Alb) wrote that you were thinking about a big collider thing. I don’t know if those plans died with the nuclear reactor consisting of multiple blocks or if it is still a valid option. If it is: This reactor may serve as a realistic way to make a “circle” of blocks.
    The theoretical recipe of a reactor should look like this: (I will explain everything like the reactor is just one block big, if you would decide to make it a built circle variations would be great, like varying circle length for varying energy etc.)

To Build and maintain this new reactor we will need a few new items as well as new functionalities.

New Items:
    Fuel Parts:
    Heavy Water Cell
    Uber Heavy Water Cell
    Deuterium Cell
    Tritium Cell
    Fusion Fuel Cell
    Lithium Dust
    Lithium Ingot
    Lithium Plating

Reactor Parts:
    Reactor Control unit
    Magnetic Mantle
    Electronic Magnet
    Uncurred Ceramic Plating
    Fusion Reactor Plating

New functionalitys for Existing machines:
    Nuclear reactor is able to breed heavy water cells => Uber heavy water cells (like isotope cells)
    Electrolyzer will need a 3rd slot to input an empty cell which for each electrolyzed water cell will be 1/10 filled with heavy water (thats actually like they do it in RL but we are just much more effective... :P ).
    Now how does that thing work?
    First to the new recipes for stuff:
    Reactor:
    Electronic magnet:
    CCC
    III
    CCC
    C = Copper Cable
    I = Adv Iron
    Fusion Reactor Plating:
    CCC
    CAC = U
    CCC

C = Carbon plate; A = Advanced Alloy; U = Uncured Ceramic Plating

Sending Uncured Ceramic Plating through a Furnace (preferrably an induction furnace (at 100% heat if programmable)) will create a Ceramic Plate, which can be used for heat shielding on a fusion reactor.

Magnetic Mantle:
    MCM
    RIR
    MCM
    M = Electronic Magnet C = Adv Circuit R = Fusion Reactor plating I = Iridium Plating
    Control Unit:
    FAF
    AcLAc
    FAF
    F = Glass Fiber Cable A = Adv Machine Ac = Adv Circuit L = Lapotron Crystal
    Fusion Core:
    MMM
    MCM
    MMM
    M = Magnetic Mantle C = control Unit
    Lithium Dust:
    Obsidian -> Macerator -> Obsidian Dust + Water -> Igneous Solution -> Electrolyzer -> Lithium Dust

Now that you can build yourself a brand new Fusion Reactor you may ask yourself, how the hell does it work? By now it’s just an expensive piece of metal and circuits… You do good asking:
    To heat up the reactor (or to be more exactly the plasma) to the needed 150’000’000°K (And yes that is the real temperature you need :P) you will need a lot of power available. (I don’t know whats better to make: Like the teleporter taking energy from a near storage or loading the reactor itself)
    The reactor will need 1M Eu to start the little sun inside your brand new reactor! HAYO!
    Additionally you need 1 Fusion Fuel cell within the reactor and 1 Lithium Plating (optional), that is placed around the reactor (within GUI) to breed new Trithium. And an empty cell to take the newly bred Trithium. Now you hit an active redstone signal and off we go.

1 Run of the reactor will produce 20Meu Emitted as 2048eu/T that is over 450 seconds of a big POWER load. This reaction is unstoppable and will run through in one shot, if the power is needed or not.

After the fusion within the reactor stopped it will cool down and be ready again for a new run and as you guessed it will need to be heated again after every run! HAYO!
    But how do I get my cool Fusion Fuel Cell?

First you need deuterium, which you can get as a residue of electrolyzed water. While electrolyzing water cells you will get 1/10 of a filled heavy water cell as residue.
    You will need Tritium and Deuterium mixed 1:1 for the Fuel. To get that stuff initially, since you do not have a running reactor that is breeding your lithium to tritium you will need to breed that thing otherwise. And there comes your nuclear reactor to play.
    The breeding of Deuterium (in the form of heavy water cells) => Tritium (in the form of uber heavy water cells) will work the same way as does the breeding of Isotop cells, but heavy water cells do not produce heat unlike Isotop cells.
    Now that you got that Heavy or uber heavy water cell, you wont need it liquid as the water it is, but as a Gas, therefore you need to electrolyze it. (heavy water => deuterium, uber heavy water =>tritium)
    You now mix 1 Tritium and 1 Deuterium Cell and get 1 Fusion Fuel Cell.

But how do I get lithium platings for easier breeding of tritium? Very easy stuff, you can make it totally realistic out of: Redstone/Iron dust/Tin Dust which gives you 1 Lithium dust which can be smolten into 1 Lithium ingot.
    Lithium Platings:
    LL
    LL
    L = Lithium Ingot.

And that is how you get that reactor running. I hope you like the idea at least a bit for the far future. (The whole reactor bases on the best scientific ideas to make a working fusion reactor, the reference for the reactor was this type of reactor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITER for nice pictures go here: http://www.iter.org/mach). All numbers are just a shot in the blue a lot of balancing would be needed to implement it.

Oh and there is NO WAY to amplify a nuke with fusion fuel cells so that the devastation will be even bigger.... :rolleyes:

Thx to Irontyger for some good inputs.

best thing you can do without the thermometer mod is to use an isolated (not touching anything) heat disperser. The dmg of it shows the reactor temperature. (Depending that you do not excess 50 heat over cooling)

something like this: http://i.imgur.com/lTkNa.png
    The top right disperser shows that reactor heat is over 9k

it IS wanted that they store up heat. those 2 dsipersers will suck 50 heat dispers each 20 of it to nearby cells (holding the temperature on all items on the same level). they go down all together, and as i stated need to be swapped after a certain amount of time. Which is the negative part of this design. positiv part: fast heatup and only 1 heat up ever if managed correctly.

Let the simulator run and watch it. (also tested ingame with more than 1 full uranium cycle)

http://test.vendaria.net/index…XHXXCXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (change outward cooling to none)

How to use it?

First thing you need to do is to heat it up. To see the temperature watch the energy generated. Energy/4 = current heat. For example if you want to run it at 6k heat, let it produce 24k energy.

At this point, the reactor and the "thermometer"-disperser on the top right will each have taken 6k heat. The top right disperser is your thermometer to see how far up the heat is. Good to see if it goes critical.

At the desired temperature swap in two heat dispersers in the middle for the coolant cells, so it should look like this: http://test.vendaria.net/index…XHXXCXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Now the reactor will stay exactly at its heat. BUT you have to switch coolants from time to time. If you run at 6k heat, you have to switch all 8 cells and 2 dispersers after about 1400 seconds.
    Cool them down in a second reactor that looks like this: http://test.vendaria.net/index…XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The big advantage of this type of reactor, is that you can stop it at anytime without loosing the heat, by just shutting it down and removing the 2 dispersers between the coolants. the thermometer stays in.
    This way you wont have to heat it up every time before you use it.

I hope you think this is at least a bit useful.

[Edit] I tested this reactor design at over 9k heat for over 2h now, i didnt get 1 lava or fire nor a meltdown of any kind. At this temperature you can make 4 uranium cells with just 1 cell.

Greez
    Gorni