Posts by JaxFirehart

I consider myself pretty much an IC2 veteran (except crops, never bothered with crops). I STILL accidentally forget to put in a transformer or rotate a block instead of remove it or accident place a cable wrong etc. and end up blowing up a machine or two. Sometimes expensive ones. It would be even better if items were crafted having a fuse in place. To me that would completely solve the problem of exploding machines being a bit TOO much of a penalty for bad wiring.

From what I understand they have a small internal buffer. So an MV Transformer has 512EU internal buffer and it transmits 128 EU/t. Every 4 ticks it asks for another 512EU from up the line. So basically transformers act like an incredibly tiny batbox.

You can hook them up in parallel to an MV transformer or hook them up in series to a 512 power source BUT you need to make sure they each have transformer upgrades in them so that they don't explode from the 512 line. The transformer upgrade will ensure that they can handle 512, but they will still only use 128 each.

You are going to want NEI. (here)

It is a recipe mod that allows you to search for items and press "R" to see how to make them. Because you are playing IC2 experimental the IC2 wiki is practically worthless, MUCH has changed and the wiki hasn't been updated.

Sometimes you have trouble finding materials. My first game ever I couldn't find iron to save my life. Check here for a post on where to find IC2 materials.

Once you have "beaten" IC2 a time or two you might start wanting a bit more of a challenge. If so, you might consider adding GregTech to your mods. It makes the game MUCH harder and GREATLY increases the time it takes to reach the top of the tech tree (as well as adding more to the top of the tech tree).

Wait, it can? I saw no GUI indication, so I've been giving it water cells constantly.

Edit: I see it on the wiki now, but I would still love to have gases and liquids in block form in addition to just in cells. I know something like helium would not exist in liquid form and would dissipate in gas form, but just being able to move it in pipes or store it in tanks would be very useful.

If it isn't too much to ask, it would be nice to have liquid storage in machines such as the Industrial Grinder, so that I can just pump water to it instead of having to supply cells.

As a corollary to this, though, some elements and compounds, such as mercury or sodium persulfate, would need to have liquid blocks. Would be awesome with mystcraft (mercury oceans).

I guess, ultimately, the embrace of Universal Liquid Cells would be very cool.

I'm not sure that's the issue, SpwnX. He says that at 161 blocks the thermal centrifuges lost power, but by adding 6 more blocks vertically at the end of the line, they began getting power again.

Or I'm the one misunderstanding.

Also +1 on the Advanced Miner. I would love to test it, but I cannot seem to get it to do anything at all, not even put a drill in it.

I don't think I need a path, just a blocks internal name. I was using blockID:meta and that works just fine, but would break if the blockID needed to be changed.

Finally got it.

The ores are: BlockMetaID_Ore
    The granites are: BlockMetaID_Stone1

Tried those and similar variants and got nothing. I need the internal names that he registered them as with Forge and I cannot guess or find them to save my life.

Alright, it's driving me nuts, Greg, can I get the internal block names for the stone and ore?

I've tried:
    gregtechmod.blocks.GT_BlockMetaID_Stone1
    gregtechmod.blocks.GT_BlockMetaID_Ore

and variants of the above. Help would be appreciated. It's driving me nuts.

I don't know, that would really defeat the trade-off between wearing armor and wearing a batpack.

PERSONALLY, I would love to see an upgrade mechanic for IC2 weapons and armor, sort of an alternative to enchanting, but I'm fairly sure that has been suggested before.

It would just be awesome to be able to pop some tier upgrades in my Drill and be able to charge it using Lapotron Crystals. Or add a bunch of storage upgrades to give it more battery power. Or overclocker upgrades to boost mining speed (and/or damage, for chainsaws).

I was even digging through the configs and missed this. Thanks for the point in the right direction!

Ironically the only thing I'm missing is the frequency and size of lead ore deposits.

Still working on this, would like to release the config files here when they are done and I'm adding a gregtech config as well. Could I get some more info on the IC2 ore settings as well as some GregTech ores?

I need: Range, Average Frequency per Chunk, Average Size

Obviously the Range for the IC2 ores was already posted (thank you again) but I've just been winging the frequency and size and can't find something that feels right.

Oh, got it. You didn't say that in either forum, so I didn't know that's what you mean.

So you want to make the whole energy thing easier. Too much energy -> machine doesn't work. Nice and simple. A bit TOO simple for my tastes, but I still sometimes blow up machines, so I wouldn't mind.