Posts by alexthesax

On one hand I ask... 'Why, on the cusp of the introduction of the new API?' It seems like one would want to wait and see where Mojang goes with their API on the off chance that they get under the hood and start moving stuff around. Stuff you already took into account when you made your changes, thus forcing you to go back and rework.

But on the other hand, maybe this is forge getting away in anticipation of Mojang's changes.

If I remember right, Mojang is going for a bukkit like API, Server Only, which means that there is still a serious need for Forge.

How about make things even simpler, setup two batboxes with one set to emit when full and one set to emit when empty, so have the latch that is attached to the splitter cable turn off if empty, to let power through, and turn on when the box is full.

The point of solars is to have a very low output, thus it doesn't work at night, nor whilst its raining. Plus think about it this way, can I run large machines off of the light from a light bulb? No, it requires too much power, thus regardless of what the MC light level is, it just doesn't make sense, you can only run large machines off of many panels in the sunlight. Quite a bit different than running a very small calculator which requires very little power vs. an entire/multitude of machines. I suppose you could have solars produce like 1/20th of an eu/t but whats the point.

Ok, I'm not sure I fully understand what you need, but it sounds like you have 3 batboxes on your solar line, and you want to change it over to a MFE.

What you need to do is put the MFE where you want it, running its own wire, then you can use a splitter cable or punch out the line that goes to the batboxes, and the power will drain from the batboxes, while flowing from the solars to the MFE. I think that's what you needed, if not, explain a bit more please :D

You don't know who he is?!?!?!?! Only one of the most important people on the forums, and of which a certain person decided it would be best if he no longer served in his position, though many others did not agree...

Yes I have abandoned the mod, I am quite displeased with the direction MineCraft is heading, and as thus, I have stopped all development.

Looks like when you do the higher speed scroll on the sliders, when you click on the rest of the bar, not the selector, if you just click it quickly, sometimes it wont update the number properly. Easiest to tell on the reactor chamber slider, but as far as I can tell its on all the sliders. Otherwise, the new planner looks really clean and nice.

Looking at the start, the process appears to be:

Get macerator, use single use batteries to power macertator, to get materials for generator, etc.

But, to get the batteries, you need coal dust, for which you need to power the macerator, which you can't do without the batteries. That's the reason I usually go Generator+Macerator then extractor and electric furnace, and then move onto the other machines.

You can use one redstone dust in the power slot to award enough power for exactly one operation, so then once you have the one coal dust you can make the batteries. Worth it in my opinion, saves you a ton of rs dust if don't make the batteries, and if you make the generator first you waste half your iron.

Yes, IndustrialCraft is very much enhanced with other mods, who doesn't know that. Also Al is the one who asked for Overclockers, he had a different idea, but nevertheless, overclockers. Personally I have heard nothing in the way of him changing his mind on what his view point is on multiple processing slots, however the extra input/output slots, idk. In the config you can set the generator multipliers or whatnot, which are basicly a set of numbers that set the output, increase number = increased output, vice versa, and if you set to 0 it will also disable the crafting recipe.

Have fun...

Well if you don't like the water gens, disable them, or buff there output, that's what the config is for. The idea of adding more induction like machine upgrades has been denied multiple times. Also, I never said it wasn't a standalone mod, we don't require it, but it is a lot more convenient, however we are not going to turn into an all in one technical mod, a mod name comes to mind here I won't mention. If you want to be able to run it longer, then install the other mod, otherwise you can deal with manually loading a stack at a time, although I do believe that it was considered to add multiple input/output slots for consecutive loading of materials automatically, but don't quote me on that, I'm not 100% sure.

As far as condensing stuff into less blocks, I personally don't think that will ever happen, although we do need to implement some higher tier, more compact ways of producing energy, though very expensive of course.

I speak for myself, and none other. The fact that they are OP is just my point of view, it doesn't really matter which came first. The way I see it is that you can increase your production VASTLY with an advanced machine and some other stuff, such as the induction furnace. The reason the induction furnace is reasonable is because it is based off of real life to some extent, with real technology, its sensible. Realistically, for the same increase in speed, the power required to make that increase in speed is exponential, which is no different than what the overclockers do.

EDIT: Also I don't see them as end game, in fact in my legit world I made a couple of the overclockers, and it doesn't drain my batboxes much, to get reasonable speeds, it doesn't require mfsu's feeding it constantly, just when you go overboard into the matter of differences in ticks...

Ok, just ignore all out efforts, haven't you noticed a little feature that was implemented? Oh that's right your too good to look through the wiki, or read something called a "changelog" It's there for a reason you know, so people know what gets added. We are NOT going to implement more advanced machines such as in this mod, the induction furnace is where that rail line dead ends. Don't like overclockers? Deal with it. That's all your getting, if you want to run this mod your more than welcome to, its a cool mod, but don't expect us to bow down to you so you can get what you want.

Very interesting, so this would be like a second gui you could access from the main gui. I like the nuke reactor approach to this, seems like a fun more balanced way to increase you machine productivity, I don't think I saw anything that we couldn't do, would take some work, but then again so did the nuke reactor from what I hear ;)