Posts by alexthesax

Care to explain a little more? Not sure i totally understood.

1. Storage upgrades are not limited like overclockers or transformers, so why put a limit on things
    2. Its fun making people who don't care to look it up think that all upgrades are limitless :D

Yes, thank you for providing some data to support my comment that it's ridiculous to allow large stacks. I didn't have the numbers, but if more than 32 is useless and there's no real gain past 17... why, pray tell, did you set the stack size to 64 instead of 16?

Seems to me that it would have been a more sensible choice.

FYI we can't limit the stacksize per slot, because of unlimited* storage upgrades, thus this would be really stupid to limit that.

* Within MC limits and slot limits.

Also what the heck do we care if people don't look up what the useful limits are, their loss xD

*cough* let's just say that the mods here are about on the same level as the (quite overzealous) MC forum ones.
    let's also say that "bans" are never permanent as well.

Overzealous eh? You frigging nubs got no idea what he said. I was there, and he was being a complete troll and douchebag, so as far as I'm concerned he deserved what he got, he's trolled in multiple places on here. Keep your opinions to yourself when you don't know what the heck is really going on, because that is just what they are, uneducated opinions. There are rules here that have to be followed, and if they aren't followed then you get punished. FYI I don't do anything mod related other than move the occasional thread when it gets put in the wrong place and the owner of the thread asks for it to be moved, shoot I don't even have the banhammer, so before you make more assumptions, get the facts.

Stacking beyond a certain limit its stupid! Otherwise i call shenanigans of Games where i could not stack Rocket Launchers one above the other to shoot them at the same time!!! or that you cant stack Cooling Cells in the nuclear generators!!!

Its time for the Anti-Stacking Revolution my Comrades!!!

Btw Cores arent "Stacked" per se, they are placed one next to each other with proper comunication paths to multiply the processing power!

Call it what you want, it doesn't really matter. Did you know that there are TONS of stacks in your computer? Many buffers are called stacks, and for good reason, because they "stack" data ontop of other data, and as far as rocket launchers, why not stack them? Havn't you seen the big rectangular rocket housings, that hold tons of rockets? As far as cooling cells don't blame us, blame Notch, that is a MC Engine limitation. Here's the deal, if you don't like it, your not being forced into using it.

EDIT: And as far as slots go, you stack the material inside a single slot :P

Ok, so stacking is stupid....

Each of your inventory slots can now only hold one item/block, no stacking...

You can kiss all modern games goodbye, because now we have single core GPU's and single core CPU's...

You can kiss that digital camera goodbye too, because it's cores are also stacked...

Stacking is good, it isn't stupid at all, embrace the future, don't fight it!

This would not be changed even if we did have tiered overclockers, they are specifically designed to be very EU inefficient, end of story. Also if we are comparing to the real world, this is very realistic, the faster you go, the more power it takes to go faster, as in exponential differences in power to gain a fixed amount of speed.

Also what you said on 8 Overclockers is simply more support for what I said earlier, see it is useless to put in a stack of clockers xD

Any time a machine needs 64 of something to run better... it probably should just have fewer of something more powerful.
    Care to explain why adding 64 of a particular upgrade is more sensible?

Have you even tried putting a stack in? It is about the least sensible thing in the world!

NOTE: The following statistics are based off of the Macerator, which has a 400 tick default operation length, and 2 eu/t default.

1. Anything above 32 clockers is completely useless as the code just sets the rate to 32 when its anything above 32
    2. With 32 clockers the energy consumtion per tick is equal to about 862,880 EU/t
    3. With 32 clockers the tick rate is about 1/250th of a tick, which gets set to 1 tick obviously, so even for the Macerator which has a very long operation length, the max effective overclockers is 17
    4. Get the idea here?

EDIT: Also in the Macerator, with those 17 clockers in it you will need 1971 eu/t or operation and it will do one operation per tick.

Since when do we compare the real world with Minecraft xD

I sorta like the idea of tiered upgrades somewhat better but if they're non-stackable than 4 slots isn't going to be enough to get much extra speed out of a machine. (unless the tiers do more?)

Exactly, unless you start making multipurpose items, such as a combo to speed and input, then you would have to have too many slots, in addition to a hoard of new items, sprites, and recipes, which reminds me of micro-blocks in RP, at least in the recipes area. There are reasons that I was in favor of the stackable upgrades, as soon as Player introduced the idea to me, it was a no-brainer IMHO.

It sounds like we just need to up the amount of power used, right?

I told them this way of implementation is stupid :O Would have preferred my tiered, unstackable overclockers.

Well here's the deal guys, first we implemented Al's idea on Tiered, but then we wanted more overclocking capabilities, so the idea of stackable upgrades came up, I know that Player and I supported it, didn't really hear much on anyone opposed. As far as balancing, I think that they will be more expensive. I do personally like this solution better, and I don't see it going away, perhaps balance them more if needed.

Also the tiered solution would have been limited on overclocking because of no way to upgrade storage and maxinput.

lol, Alblaka: I think you did a good job....

In my world, I downloaded the new IC2 version, got up a whole bunch of crossbreeders going, and thought to myself "This is going to take a while. Wasn't there an abandoned mineshaft not far from my workshop?" So I get my tools together, charge into the mineshaft, suffer many close shaves, stayed a bit longer than is probably healthy, but emerge from the experience all the wiser (literally, I gained several levels), and with oodles of melon and pumpkins seeds to boot.

And come home to find out that weeds have destroyed my entire farm. :cursing:

xD

Pipe retraction, when I "fixed it" so that it just drops whatever blockid is at the retraction point, instead of assume that its a mining pipe. People would destroy the pipe by hand, then let it retract and get twice as much pipe. It just needs a hook to drop whatever id that the block is set to drop.