Suggestion: Electric ladders

• I've noticed in my mine how excruciatingly long it takes to get up from the bottom using boring old vanilla ladders...

So how about electric ladders?

Crafting recipe:

STS
    SBS = Four electric ladders
    SES

Where S = Stick, T = tin, B = battery and E = electric circuit

Not sure if this is right...

Anyway, the ladders should function normally unless one ladder block in a long ladder is powered by a cable or MFE or whatever, in which case the whole ladder is powered (not unlike powered rails, but with no limit, or a much longer limit) and the ladder is much, much faster. I was thinking that 1 EU should be drained per segment of ladder, for every time you climb it. It shouldn't drain EU to go down, really. The ladder can maybe be a grey/silver reskin, or something completely different.

Let me know what you think :)

• it should use the jump key to go up and sneeking to go down so we could use it as an elevator and be able to get out in middle floors easyly

• Official Post

This is a quite great idea of how to implement easy elevators.
    I could effectively store the data of a whole ladder in the metadata of a single ladder (the lowest block), minimizing calculation usage. And the acceleration itself could be easly coded via collisiondetection. I assume a ladder having an empty pit below it would turn into a high-speed-death-trap, but that's it XD

• Elevators would be an interesting and welcome implemtation. Hope you add it!

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• This is a quite great idea of how to implement easy elevators.
    I could effectively store the data of a whole ladder in the metadata of a single ladder (the lowest block), minimizing calculation usage. And the acceleration itself could be easly coded via collisiondetection. I assume a ladder having an empty pit below it would turn into a high-speed-death-trap, but that's it XD

What can I say? "High-speed death traps FTW!"? xD