Posts by SinusoidalC

Why? What was wrong with the old way? Why does IC2 even still use sprite sheets, or have sounds files in the jar?

This Resources Pack's CESU and EV-Transformer's texture doesn't fit the old IC2 style,even IC2Exp does have a version of those textures so I don't like it.
    Anyways,I'm using your resources pack with deleting useless files and updating some textures by me for private use.

GregTech ores are (almost) all biome dependant, so it could be that. Btw, reports like that goes to its thread, no the suggestion one (that is this one).

it still barely playable if you use swamps or forests or plains(because of Ti),but it's no way to get a tree in the plains biome,or you can do is to find a mineshaft and cut down all of the planks(it takes time,villages is good but you can't always depends on it)
    Or use something like COG or COFHCore or other worldgen mods to make all the overworld ores generates in all of the overworld biomes
    maybe it will be a challenge using classic superflat with some new dim generator mod,mostly mystcraft.

I think the metal former should be disabled in GT.

Suggestion:
    Force the hidden ores setting on if you join the sever which has the same setting of hidden ores.

Suggestions:
    1.fix the language file generation problem
    2.nerf the IC overclocker's recipes:
    (1) Change it's recipes of the output to 1,and add a recipe which using IC's 60K Coolant to craft them.(for short is you only can craft one by using 60K Coolant)
    (2) Buff the using of GT's 180K He Coolant Cell for crafting it that gives you 3 overclockers.

ah, now it makes more sense, its a pity since my sugestion of changing it to work more like the mold for casing, where 4 ingots would give 3 plates, is throwed away, would make it more usefull and atractive instead of running after the plate bending machine, but what use the rubber and plastic sheet have?

Whatever,for our side we won't use them except making the plastic plate now,because of the costness molds and less output.

Another Suggestion:
    Lapis Lazuli in Marble form(if possible).Since there's lots of people used them for other uses in the history.
    a bunch of suggestions about Covers:
    Covers have it's own stats when they are in item form
    Dyeable Covers
    Covers will keep it's stats when you crowed them out of machines
    you can change it's stats by crafting it with a screwdriver,just like how you do it in machines.

And lets remember good old RedPower2. Unpainted tubes can connect to all painted tubes(GT tubes too). Maybe make machines, that working with tubes, possible to define "target" color, so that "packet" of items will go only to that color of tubes. This can VERY SIGNIFICANTLY simplify some automation logic based on tubes. And make that "packets" of items, that did'nt find free target inventory, return to "source" machine. And that will stop machine from sending additional items, until that item finds place.
    And, based on that, implement good old Sorting Machine © from RP2.

//Just because i'm just fan of RP2 tubes logic. And RP2....

EDIT: Additionally, make Hopper Upgrade, which crafting will be from before steel stuff. Transfers only 1 item(per tick? sec?). And upgrade which can adjust output speed of electric machines and conveyors.

I think Hopper cover is better,and make them doesn't work if you install it on other sides except the bottom

Is +100% Sawdust and +50% Planks not enough, Planks being worth 1 Sawdust having 7 Units of Wood from a single Log which is worth 2 Units of Wood? (when nerfed)

It just an example,maybe this idea can be used to other thingy

Aren't GT Gears at least one directionally compatible with those other Gears? According to their OreDict Entries these Mods already use them.

I mean nerf BC and TE's recipes by doing this

How did you know the Name of that planned Machine?

just guessing

I'm lazy, that's the only reason I didn't already do it. And right now I need to do a ton of Rendering Stuff before being able to release a 1.7 Update, since I rework a ton of my Machines.

this can be mark as pending or coming soon or something else.

No Buff but it is otherwise already implemented in 1.7 (except for the Coal Coke Dust)

I think buff the dusts of burning material will be realitsc,I don't like the buff of the coalblock anyway.

Those are usually added when needed.

I think it will be good for storage them in tanks or something

Wouldnt work because of Tin Cells in this case. Since Tin Cells melt and would create surplus Tin.

Or you can changed it to bronze ingot+Tin Ingot output,bronze for lava and Tin for cells.
    Forgot to say one more thing,it's time to update the main tread,through something in this thread now exists in GT.
    remember the other 4 ideas:
    1.disable all recipes which only use wheat,use wheat powder instead,and you must bake them before eating:breads,cakes and cookies
    2.Disable making paper from sugar canes,using wood pulps instead.
    3.Using 8 iron plates and 1 machine part to craft 1 machine block is such a waste,6 iron plate and 1 machine part to craft 1 GT iron machine casing is better.Also disable the machine block can be crafted back to iron ingot,even it was crafted by using plates(disable the machine block uncrafting in GT,change the uncrafting recipe in ICExp,the only way to uncraft machine block in GT is to smelt it)
    4.Nerf the Generator's recipe by using iron funrace instead of vanilla funrace
    5.Add ASCR into GT(this suggestion seems far more later to come true).http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A…or_steel-reinforced_cable

More Ideas:
    Al Hopper,it's simple,a hopper made by Al added by GT,and you can use covers on it.
    Tin Bucket,Different form IC's,the recipe is using 3 Tin plates and a hammer to craft,using some sort like IC's universal fulid cell's logic for working to reduce item counts.
    Centrifuging Lava gives bronze ingot instead of tin and copper ingot,then you can add other byproduct if you want or not want to.
    More byproduct for other materials form nature
    example:maybe you can have a little chance to get one more sawdust when you sawing logs in the industrial sawmill.
    Only Steam smelter using molds being nerfed.
    Using GT's Gear to craft everything instead of BC's and TE's Gear.
    Magic Extractor or something like to extract the Ma out of some magic items(Ironwood etc)
    mulitiblock version of all Generators,also includes IC's regular generator
    generator can use coal dust,charcoal dust,coal coke dust for power generation(using dust for burning will have a small buff)
    more GT cells have its own fluid form.
    Make a brand new crafting handler for GT use to prevent Twilight Forest's uncrafting table for uncrafting.
    Make a support to ender chest for using hammer and wrench to it

Suggestion:
    A small buff to the Industrial Blast Furnace.
    If you make a Blast Furnace that processing something else that higher than the required Heat value,you will get a small speed up buff when you are processing something,also it saves power.Also it reduces the process bar backward speed when you are out of power.
    Fogot to say,if possible,2 types of heating coils also can buff the Blase Furnace as well

3. Full upgraded(4 Overclockers) E-Furnace with Nichrome Coil is so fast... That the induction smelter from bare IC2 is sucks no longer needed.
    5. What storage blocks? You want a Sulfur storage block? Or Rubber storage block?

there's a lot of materials now but Greg didn't add storage block yet,just like Th and Pu and something else
    for the (3) as you said,now I think It's needed to nerf the E-Furnace and made the Induction Furnace more useful
    proably Full upgraded E-Furnace speed<Induction Furnace speed or something
    On our side,almost nobody want to waste EU for an overclocked E-Furnace

Suggestions
    1.nerf the recipe of Scaffold and make the recipe more like to the Iron ones(this also a suggestion of IC2Exp)
    PPP
    FFF
    PPP
    P=plank
    F=fence
    2.make more types of happing when the machine doesn't have enough power
    here's some example
    Industrial Centrifuge:Progress bar goes backwards(2x processing speed)
    Industrial Blast Furnace:Progress bar goes backwards
    Distillation Tower:Progress bar goes backwards
    Industrial Electrolyzer:Progress bar goes backwards(3x processing speed)
    Automatic Extractor:Progress bar goes backwards(3x processing speed)
    Extruder:Progress bar reset
    Industrial Grinder:Instantly output with less output items(0.5x normal output or depends on the progress bar)
    Implosion Compressor:Progress bar reset
    Vacuum Freezer:Progress bar goes backwards(0.5x processing speed)
    Automatic Wiremill:Progress bar reset
    Plate Bending Machine:Progress bar reset
    Automatic Compressor:Progress bar reset
    Assembling Machine:Progress bar reset
    Alloy Smelter:Progress bar goes backwards
    All furnace like machinery:Progress bar goes backwards.
    Universal Macerator:lowered the byproduct output chance a bit once the energy line is not enough when processing
    3.Meta-Tile Entity version of Induction Smelter
    using the recipe as I said before in this thread,the recipe can be altered to use less copper plates but more basic heating coils,and you can do anything you want just like in GT.
    nerf the heating up speed,and you have to use those heating coil to speed the heating up and processing speed.
    or the vanilla IC2 Induction Smelter is too OP that made Automatic E-Furnace useless(for normal use)
    4.more Meta-Tile Entity version of other IC2 machines.
    5.more storage blocks

Let me preface this by saying I am running the latest 1.6.4 builds of both Gregtech (4.08s) and IC² Experimental (build 397) so perhaps this is a known bug but I can find no reference anywhere that it is already known. When I load a methane cell into a gas turbine which is touching an input face of an MFE (or batbox or CESU), the stored EU after the gas turbine has used 1000mb of methane is 32,480 EU rather than the claimed 45,000 EU. A second cell added at that point increases the EU in the MFE by 33,008 EU which roughly matches the tricorder's claim that the gas turbine has 512 EU stored after burning the first cell. Perplexed I plunked down another MFE and a thermal generator and jammed a lava cell into the thermal generator. Did I get the 30,000 EU claimed? Nope I got 23,472 EU in the MFE. Is this a known or desired behavior or has a bug crept in somewhere?

Gas Turbine is nerfed because of the mulitiblock version of it,but the others shouldn't be,because there's no mulitiblock versions of those GT generators,I've reported it to Greg yet,but he didn't have a reply.