Posts by MJEvans

Given each spot in the reactor may contain:

[Empty (or empty like),Ice,FullWaterBucket,lavabucket,cooling cell,hull plating,IHD,uranium,inactive isotopes (1heat/sec),active isotopes(uranium pulses)]

That's 10 possibilities per slot. There are 7 possible configurations of reactor and cooling options/heating options around.

Even just enumerating this I see -far- too many possibilities to attack by brute force. Even smarter brute force would still run in to far too many possibilities.

I'm not that familiar with trade-o-mats; You mean they don't show the example on the left for other players? (I expected them -to- show this, but not allow modification of it.)

Edit:

Also, it would be nice if trade-o-mats could have combinations (which is what I think the suggestion above was); sort of like a recipe, but more a list of exchange.

Actually if you look in the config files for the block IDs or /give your self things --most-- of the items in IC area already condensed by damage ID. Similarly the reason RP2 items only allow some kinds of things to combine is because they use different components of the modular mod and each system (pneumatics, blutricity, redwire, logic stuff) uses it's own block ID for consolidation; BUT most of the 'damage values' area already consumed.

Really the only possible areas for IC2 to reduce the actual in-game blocks are related to ores and blocks of ore produced material; even THOSE could best be reduced by having ores and ingot blocks (the two things that need block IDs) to be allocated by Forge so they can be mod-independent. However that would only free... about 4-5 blocks. Engine limitations (all damage values of a block must share various properties, like explosion resistance, functionality in general, etc) make most of the other blocks require their own entire ID. As much as I'm for squeezing out those blocks to make it take the minimum number possible... that still only allows a few of the smaller and more specific mods.

It /was/ working when I still had Sun Java 6 (32 bit) installed. Since then I updated to OpenJDK 7 (64 bit). As that's three changes in one I'm not exactly sure where the issue is; however I believe it likely that the debugging messages I got on Chrome's stderr will be useful in isolating whichever functions you're calling that are not portable. It would also be great if you could stop depending on java.com; since I try to avoid oracle products given their heavily proprietary ambitions.

There are steps one can take (such as with the recent RP2 renumbered required by vanilla stuff consuming those IDs); however every so often it's nice to just nuke and start fresh with the ability to use the new tech and all those things you learned before helping you past the 'mistakes' you made while learning.

1. We added those ores before Eloraam added the neccessary patches in Forge to use a single block id, migrating existing worlds isn't that easy.
    2. The implementation supports it, but it's currently unused.
    3. The processing time is currently fixed.

Migrating words? How about making new chunks/ores use the damage packed method so anyone creating a new world now, or doing chunk regens now, can turn off support for the old ore IDs/free those IDs as soon as they are ready. Transition ready releases go a long way to fixing such issues.

I /highly/ suggest using MCEdit to prune away any chunks you don't care about the contents of. You likely have either a tract you can get keep and get rid of the rest or at the very least a few areas which you can safely purge.

This idea is effectively a weakened version of a sub-cell solar panel with collector design.
    I propose that the lighting check be removed in favor of the following.

In a tree trunk, which still has a log section above, which is surrounded by 8 leaf blocks. The generator might have a single output face which faces each side, but that's not strictly necessary since the combinations I'd prefer to limit it to area already done so by it's rules for selecting surrounding bio-generators for it's power.