Posts by Drashian

I was under the impression that the custom recipe mod could only use IDs for mod items until the user set aliases for them. If it can also use pre-translation item names, that's cool. I recently posted a good list of both pre-translation names and their corresponding IDs in this thread. Hope that helps.

Being unable to smelt custom recipes in IC2 furnaces is most likely an issue with the custom recipe mod, as we hook to the standard FurnaceRecipes list. Does zombe overwrite any base classes that might conflict with Forge?

Those're just the testing recipes, they're useful if you're not running TMI in your development environment. Alblaka, what were the blueprint recipes supposed to be, same as IC1? I could only find the testing versions in the Git repository.

By my calculations, without any scrap input needed, this will produce enough UUM in a full cycle to create 40 uranium, as well as leaving about 18 depleted cells. A good breeder can turn that into significantly more than the original 54 uranium cells, even if you factor in the cost of UUM-made tin and coal, and running the macerator for the coal dust. The tattered remains of the laws of thermodynamics throw up their metaphorical hands in disgust and leave the world of Minecraft forever. We've successfully turned time into energy. 8|

Hey Alblaka. Since we have our lovely team of testers in here, can we as coders pack up and post closed beta releases to the Development >> Releases forum? I'd like to stress test some of the new features we've added. :D

In 1.00, IC2 creates its config file in (wherever it's running from, probably AppData)/config/IC2.txt because of a bug. But it's around somewhere. That'll have the IDs. :) I've included the item/block ID list from one of my machines in the spoiler text for reference, it should be complete.

If you create batteries / crystals / tools, give them a damage/meta value of 1 for full, or they won't be usable in crafting. Other than that, there shouldn't really be any caveats to adding them.

Also, how are modders who don't have acesses to the IC^2 codebase supposed to make add-ons?

I haven't verified it myself, but you should be able to make a working mod against the MCP-decompiled version of IC2. Later on, we want to have a nice public API to work with too.

What is this, I don't even... MinecraftSquid Heeehehehe. Certainly doable, although making more addons is probably gonna be back burner to core stuff for a while, so maybe another aspiring modder with IC2 source/MCP-decompile could take a crack at it. But how are you planning to fit eight solar panels on your head? 8|

Also: Derail'd! Promise I really will get the electric treetap written. Actually, I could do that as an addon first too. That's really a pretty good way to test drive potential new items and machines.

thanks bro, any chance to get a config file to change the mods id from 189

thanks

Yeah, I skipped that this afternoon because I was in a hurry. :whistling: I'll try to get a version out with a proper config by the end of the night.

Edit: Bump for new version. It has a config file now. And this time I remembered to put it in Minecraft's config directory. :D

MCP-based mods aren't going to be able to do any 1.8 development until MCP can deobfuscate it. I don't see Notch mentioning anything about modders updating to 1.8 anywhere. Unless he's releasing his own source, I don't know how they could. (Given, I'm fresh on the Minecraft mod scene, so I could be missing something.)