Posts by Drashian

Updated to 1.8.1 / 1.23. No new features yet (it's time for bed but I wanted to get an updated version out), but I put the nano/quantum suit bugfix in there, and they shouldn't leave extra invisible tile entities lying around anymore either.

Yeah, it's been a little bit of burn out and a whole lot of you-don't-want-to-know "real world" stuff going on. But I'm now trying to get back into the swing of things, at least enough to keep my addons up to date! So expect a latest-shininess-compatible version Real Soon Now. (I'm going to update the electric fishing pole first, just for the sake of starting small.)

Hey, folks, sorry I basically up and vanished there. Work got really busy, and minor personal crises started piling on top of it, and yeah just a whole lot of generally not-goodness. By the time all was said and done, I honestly didn't have the time or willpower to pick up my games or hobbies. But I'm getting my development computer fixed soon (yeah, it's busted bad, when it rains it pours I guess). So no promises, 'cause I don't know how things are going to go yet, but maybe I'll see you all again soon. :)

Uhm, IC² wasnt meant to be ported to 1.8 yet. :O

Don't worry, so few things changed on the API side that it can almost compile against either version. :D (At least I think it can, I only remember changing like 3 lines when I force-ported modloader, forge, and IC2 to 1.8. But I'm having trouble connecting to the server with the repo on it from this location, so I guess I can't be 100% sure. :huh: )

I'm putting missing recipes back in so they can be there for next release. Are these still right?

Small Iron Dust
    CTC
    TCT
    CTC
    -or-
    TCT
    CTC
    TCT
    (T)in Dust
    (C)opper Dust

Iron Dust
    2 x Small Iron Dust

Nuke x 4 (adapted to IC2's 1 ore = 1 ingot)
    GUG
    UGU
    GUG
    (G)unpowder
    (U)ranium Ingot

Nuke x 2
    GUG
    UGU
    GUG
    (G)unpowder
    (U)ranium Ore

Dynamite-O-Mote
    What should this recipe be?

I think that's it.

I'm pretty sure the disperser is just sending its heat to the hull (which subsequently dumps it with external cooling) quickly enough that it doesn't accumulate. Moving away the cooling cells above and below the plating does cause the disperser to get a damage bar.

The most likely cause of high CPU/memory usage is a mesh of interconnected cables. (Especially junctions with 4+ connections.) Player's put in some serious work on the energy net's mapping algorithm for the next release, so there's light at the end of the tunnel if that's what's happening to you.

There is a bug, when you place for example MK1 and delete it, cable still connect to this empty space, if you send via this cable MV or HV - BUM :)

Heheheh. Sounds like somebody forgot to make sure the tile entity got deleted when the block was destroyed. :whistling: I'll fix that when I update it to the next IC2 release.

After looking into the wind generator in detail, I'll start with what it is. It is in fact rounded down to the nearest whole number. Ranakastrasz has nailed precisely what it's supposed to do, which is (like the water mill) alternate between say 1 and 2 EU each tick depending on its fractional power generation, to achieve the expected average based on its placement height and the amount of empty space around it. Next version, it should be doing that. :)

"Not compatible" doesn't mean instant crash, but it does mean that the creators can't and won't guarantee any particular thing to work right. I've heard that they'll work almost right if you install Forge after OptiFine, but if you install them in the other order, you're pretty much guaranteed to have everything go wrong (probably twice).

I don't think the chainsaw should chop down entire trees by default. However, I would like to make the chainsaw compatible with as many alternate-tree-chopping mods as possible, for those who have them installed. :) I'd guess it already works with many of them, but I haven't gotten to verifying that yet.