Posts by Geo Terra

Yep, +1
    It would take only one slot of the chest. And it isn't hard to code? O-Mats in IC1 have same system.

If I'm not mistaken, it would be difficult as the code would tell the miner to look adjacent to itself, and then IF it finds a chest, scan it's contents for the pipes.

But, on the same token, if a system like the Magic Chest mod were to be used, the miner could look for a specific slot in the chest and if pipes are there, use the extra pipes.

I could be wrong though...

Another small rubber tree bug, leaves from other rubber trees (possibly all trees) stop the growing of the tree, resulting in very short rubber trees. I observed two and even one log short trees.

Picture attached

Looks like a bug in the algorithm for tree growing, could this pertain to the fact that leaves aren't considered blocks?

Looks similar to the "see through cave wall" glitch/exploit; you know, two sand/gravel fall down so you are half in, half out, and then can see through the wall like those chunk glitches.

I'd like to see this as an Addon as well, I've played with the Clay Soldiers mods, and it's fun.

All I thought was this (apologies to any gamers)

MEGAMAN!
    BATTLE ROUTINE, SET!
    EXECUTE!

Not useless, just buggy. The chest is supposed to protect you from 100% of damage. It's fixed for 1.0 I believe.

I kinda like the idea. At the end of the day, it's all energy being used. Wouldn't be that unfeasable to have a super advanced suit with an energy output.

I don't know of the coding restrictions on this using the same energy for a number of different functions, but it would be a nice touch. Hell, the suits expensive enough.

Or, create another Nano/QuantumSuit Tier where tools can draw from the power of said suit.

I'm thinking 3M EU storage, and require a material that only a multistage process (like making the Industrial Diamond from IC1) can create. naturally, this would have to be made tough enough to be considered "End Game"

Wrong board, this is the IC1 board.

I know TMI is frowned upon with the beta for IC2, but I've been using it with my new worlds for testing purposes (that's how I found the Nuclear Reactor chunk bug), but I noticed that all of the painters are separate IDs, and I know that MinecraftForge allows for "infinite" ID's, but would it be possible to lump them under one ID for convenience sake?

I was thinking of being able to upgrade the Mining Laser with a lapotron crystal. It would be made by just putting a lapotron crystal above the mining laser in the crafting bench or player 2x2 crafting square and would double the energy capacity of the Mining Laser. But in keeping with the lapotron crystal properties, the upgraded laser could only be recharged in a MSF unit. Whether it's recharged instantly or over time doesn't really matter all that much. And for the sprite it could just be a blue laser instead of red.

I kind of like this one, upgrading via a Lapotron, but rechargable via the MFS. I think it should recharge over time, not to overpower it or anything.

EDIT: Actually, I just thought of something, what if it was possible to build the Laser without the Energy Crystal, and the EC act like a cartridge or battery and when the Crystal runs out of EU, it pops out and requires a charge, also provides the option to pop a Lapotron in it for more power.

To insert the crystal, simply place the crystal diagonally above the Laser in the crafting grid.

Actually, I noticed that my diamond pickaxe mines all of the ores (including obsidian) extremely quickly.

Coal - Breaks near instantly
    Iron - See Coal
    Copper - Little longer than Coal
    Tin - See Copper
    Uranium - See iron
    Gold - See Coal
    Redstone - See Iron
    Lapis Lazuli - Slightly longer than that of iron
    Diamond - See Lapis Lazuli
    Obsidian - Twice that of Lapis, but insanely fast compared to the original 10-15 seconds (I think)

Cant make rubber, i have the recent recipe book mod installed as well and it isn't showing any way to craft it. I made an extractor which isn't making rubber as well

Have to smelt the resin in the furnace to obtain rubber.