Posts by Geo Terra

I decided to play with the new nuclear system, but ended up having to save my game and come back to it, when I reentered, the reactor chambers were gone, and I know I placed them as I was toying with the Integrated Heat Dispensers. That bummed me out. Anyone know what's going on?

Oh, I have MCForge 1.06, just in case anyone wants to know.

well there would be need of it a lot more when notch implements 1.8 because of the need to eat/drink, so i would think it could go on the future to do list. but for now we need to let them get IC2 running so we can play it already!

Actually, I found out that 1.8 might be released between now and the end of the month, so IC2 will probably have to contend with the changes in 1.8 seeing as I heard that IC2 will be out by the end of September.

I would further suggest reinforced stone pressure plates, being identical to stone pressure plates in all ways except texture; stone ones just look ugly in IC houses

Agreed, but maybe the reinforced plates should only be activated by the player, no mobs or animals. I really like this idea.

Thinking about it, I think Al may lean towards this one and stack the reinforced stone items under one ID.

I know I posted up above, but I've been refining my list for when IC2 is released:

Dependencies
    - Modloader (Duh!)
    - ModLoaderMP (Again, duh!)
    - MinecraftForge (.........)

Fixes
    - Optifine (Play w/o lag)

New Content
    - Buildcraft 2.0 (Pipes make my job a lot easier)
    - IC2 :rolleyes:
    - RedPower (Bad habit of hitting water and lava, makes wiring easier)
    - BetterThanWolves (Experimenting with this one)

Other
    - TooManyItems

Hmmm...
    How about a special tool capable of emitting itemstacks into the "Votex", a para-Dimension.
    Each tool of course has an own frequency, thus a different dimension.
    As well, you can tune a special machine to the frequency and it will then proceed to consume energy to warp single items back to the machines location or into nearby chests.

Possible & Easy to code ^^
    As well pseudo-realistically reasoned and exactly what you requested, isntant item teleportationg.. or at least semi-instant, as the item will disappear right away, but will some take (depending on amount) to reappear in the chest.

I like this, as well, if you can't wait for this feature in IC2, use the Magic Chest mod with the Quantum Software from the Minecraft forums.

I like this one as I use HV lines frequently (got a massive nuclear station a ways from my house), each time I have to service the lines I end up getting zapped so this could be really helpful.

Looking at all of the suggestions for higher tier machines, they really shouldn't be able to be made via the regular crafting table so I thought that a new crafting table would be in order. I kind of got this idea out of the Planes mod as well.

I have three ideas for it:
    Same idea as the regular table, but with either iron ingots or blocks

( )( )( )
    (I)(I)( )
    (I)(I)( )

I = Iron Ingots/Blocks

OR

(I)(I)(I)
    (I)(W)(I)
    (I)(I)(I)
    I = Iron Ingot
    W = Workbench

Heh heh heh, I like that. I must admit, I am really frustrated with the fact that almost every other dismount, I get a Machine.

worstseedever is actually one of my favorites. Be careful though, because you'll spawn next to a dungeon. There's a pit to your left which sand falls in, revealing it. Not sure if the items are generated entirely randomly upon creation or if they sort of predetermine themselves by a template pattern within the engine of Minecraft, but I got three iron bars so I could instantly punch down a tree and start with an iron pickaxe. :P

Not only that, but it's connected to a cave which goes all the way down to a bunch of lava pits so if you go non-stop you could probably wind up having all diamond tools by the time the sun sets. Very handy.

I got three iron ingots as well, as well as a saddle, 4 string, and I think some cocoa beans. I swear that these things are both embedded in the seeds and the engine...