Posts by Geo Terra

As I use the nuclear gens often, I agree that the chance of losing one is devastating even when stored properly so I agree with this idea to even further reduce the chance that the reactors will blow than just the 3x3 water technique.

Ultimately, if the Cooling Machine were to be implemented or not, I'd still prefer the Rod idea and use the BC pipes to funnel the rods into the reactor.

Oh, instead of the rod lasting 32 uran ingots, maybe 16 alone and 32 in conjunction with the machine perhaps.

Name: Omega
    MCF/ICF/MCA: ultimate_omega
    Timezone: GMT -4:00
    Position: Beta Testing (not afraid to mess up MC) or creating a guide like jpralyea did with the original IC or the catalogue that UpTheYingYang did
    Previous Experience: I am decent at creating documents like the afforementioned catalogue. I use OpenOffice, but am not afraid to get my hands dirty in art programs as I have a small amount of experience in tools like GIMP

All I would need is screenshots of the recipes and the basic mechanics of IC2 to put into the guide. Not afraid to update constantly and I'm on the computer nearly all day.

You can't use that excuse. Geothermal energy is geothermal energy, just like a floating minecraft tree is still a tree. Now, if the topic title became something like "lava-induction energy", then it would make sense, but its simply not geothermal.

Also seems IMBA considering the lava would now last forever and provide more energy with almost no drawbacks.

Yeah, "Lava Induction Energy" would make more sense, especially after reading that whole Wikipedia article.

So, all I can say is that this *could* be another machine made in a similar fashion to the Water Mill.

Unfortunately, I use a lot of mods, so I have no way of know if they will be IC2 compatable, here's a rough list (I won't bother with the prerequisites):
    - IC
    - BuildCraft (Still getting used to Redstone for the wooden pipes)
    - TooManyItems (when I seriously need more stuff, but can't find the materials)
    - Somnia (Allows for the passing of time so that EU is still generated while I sleep)
    - Hidden Doors (Great for hiding those ugly cables)
    - OptiFine (So all these mods don't lag me)
    - SPC (When I need to quickly clear out some land)
    - Wireless Redstone w/Remote (Great for flipping Switch Cables at a distance)

Plan on using RedPower soon.

I like it, I usually find myself in one particular room in my factory, so to use this for a control center would be amazing.

If you could also control the output, like the EC manipulator, that would be amazing.

As for the mob transporter, I can imagine a huge trench around a city with a train running through it to pick up the mobs, then drops them off at a mob grinder :D

Oh yeah, I can see that, maybe incorporate a trapdoor in the bottom of some of the carts? Have it open and drop the mob when the car runs over a Redstone-infused track piece?

I think Al denied this one on the MCF post for the original IC.

What I usually end up doing is IF I need to do on-the-site Macerating, I bring down a few 6-packs, a Macerator and my trusty steel pickaxe. Dig out a quick little room I might consider developing into a forward base for mining, place down the Macerator, pop in a battery and the ore, then wait a moment, when done, I wrench it, and take it with me again.

Oh, I like this one, I don't use Water mills all that much, but I use the Geotherms a lot, and have wondered about that, it would help in the sense that I don't have to worry about my pesky Miner network (it drives me nuts trying to split the current enough to satisfy the rough fifty of them)

Still, glowstone has limited accessability, compared to infinite wood.

What about terraformer is not creating stuff out of nothing, but reach into corresponding nether point and drags blocks out of there, replacing them with overworlds block? it's like Nether flows through terraformer into Overworld and vice versa.

When I read that, the code from the portal class just went over my eyes; that would require a call to a method that IF the Nether's files don't exist, create them (processor alert!), if they do or was just created, then load that Nether chunk into memory and begin transplanting blocks which can kill a processor in that fashion.

And in regards to the glowstone per tree idea, I like it if this terraformer idea weren't such a memory hog.

And the "Glowstone Seed" idea, again processor issues, having to call a method with each block the Terraformer passes over eats precious time.

Not bad ideas at all, just a little memory-hungry, that's all.

As with radiation, if I am not mistaken is that the game would have to continuously call to a method to check the blocks for the "irradiated" flag which in turn eats up processor power and the game would have to give that single block and definite place inside the RAM instead of lumping everything together into what we know as chunks.

Same case with radiation from Uranium ore.

Not necessarily, you can just power a block from the outside, remove the redstone torch, and move through. Sure it's not the most elegant way to do it, but it works. Else, i'm sure there's another mod that allows remote controlled redstone input.

Yeah, there is and it works through blocks too.

Here, http://www.minecraftforum.net/…173wireless-redstone-v14/

Just make to grab the remote addon as well, I personally use it to open/close my base and it works great.

Not bad, but on SMP servers, I think it'd be a bit harder to program a GPS into it and have everyone have the same map at the same time, one, too many updates to the GPS and two, methinks that a LOT of CPU would be used in maintaining the status of the thing.

Oh, and in terms of the so-called "not limited to map 'screen size,' " I've poked around in the MC server code and maps run fairly smoothly as they are limited, but the memory usage of a "infinite screen" would (probably) spiral out of control quickly.

But, not a bad idea though.

Actually, I forget who did it, but I remember seeing an Alloys mod over on MCF where if you place two metal blocks above and below an iron block and the properties would "leak" into the iron (I think though. Haven't seen the mod for a while.

As with any idea, it can be improved.

I like the idea of if it were to be used in those "End-Game Machines."

Taking an idea from one of the other threads, maybe the Plutonium could be found around the bedrock layer (~5 and down) if not synthesized somehow (seeing as how Plutonium is an artificial element)

Not bad, but considering the physical aspects of Plutonium, it would have to be rarer than Uranium (one every few chunks, maybe use a generation algorithm similar to the Slime spawn?), but when placed in the Reactor, there's an increased chance of a meltdown, but outputs double the EU that the Uran Fuel Rods do.

I like your idea, but as far as I know, Alblaka stated he wouldn’t include weapons.

Besides that, I don’t think this would really be the right mod for it.

Yeah, there's already a mod for that, and like Fast2 said, it doesn't fit into IC2 that well.

I kind of like this idea, though I usually build a basic house until I have access to bronze, then build a new base with Reinforced Stone, but my only gripe is the recipes for the nickel, perhaps Nickel should be a generated ore around the rarity of Iron or Tin, but take longer to mine in this form. Smelting takes a little longer than anything (aside from Uran), but uses the 2x2 crafting idea for block form.