Posts by Geo Terra

Gotta love Thermal Expansion - Lemming and the team were SO smart about the TE machines. The auto-output and perfect pipe/inventory integration by far makes it stands out as one of the most well-coded mods around.

To be honest, because of how well TE works with dealing with macerating/pulverizing and smelting, I actually swapped out my IC2 stuff for TE and kept my recycler setup for getting me scrap. I (like a lot of people) can not wait for Redpower to be released for the prioritized sorting and routing, I plan on emulating the build that Direwolf20 was using in his SMP Let's Play to automatically deal with ores and such.

My only wish is that Lemming could implement a way to hasten the process along (I'm already well aware that the process is quite fast, I just want the boost option for when I put together my quarry network, I'd rather have faster speeds & more energy used than having to spend the resources to make more machines which take up more room).

I deleted all of the IC2 api folders from each of the mods (except of IC2, obviously) and the problem persists.

I found and deleted the IC2 api folder form the compactsolars, forestry, and railcraft mods. The mods I have installed are Millenaire, ReiMinimap, AdvancedMachines, buildcraft, compactsolars, forestry, IC2, Railcraft, Steve's Carts, and minecraftforge.

Any help would be appreciated.

cpw needs to update the IC2 API he used to account for some changes the IC2 devs made to the internal wrench mechanics.

The source is not officially available, however using the right tools (that conveniently come with MCP/Forge that you need anyways) it is trivial for the experienced programmer.

Also, the program BON (Bearded Octo Nemesis) by Immibis will deobf a jar without decompiling. Although, you have to be used to and know how to build programs from source.

i agree completly with him
    your addons look awesome
    but look like your using the addons "gravi suit" and there is already an "advanced mining drill"
    is it possible to make the recip using that advanced mining drill ? (of course if it is installed)

PS: sorry for my bad english

Eh... Can we avoid having the same recipe as other addons? I'd rather have both, this for the 3x3 and the GraviSuite one for quickly demolishing things.

It's not an error condition if you pass in too many arguments, they'll just get ignored.

Okay, that's an interesting future idea -- intercepting a teleport. Right now I'm just going with teleport area denial with the interdictors, but I can certainly see the use of being able to accept a teleport but modify its destination. Probably along the lines of having an interdictor paired with a transporter to do it: the interdictor "traps" the original transporter lock and the transporter resets the destination. I'll note it down.

Ah, okay. Like I said, I haven't gotten around to learning Lua, I've had my nose too deep in Java for a while as I'm currently working on my own mod (full mod, not addon).

You're welcome for the idea.

narc? With that CC program, shouldn't be checking for too many arguments as well as too few? Pardon the merging of languages, I haven't gotten around to learning LUA.

Code
    if #args != 3 then

Also, would it be possible to set up an intercept system for PvP servers, where the enemy can change the destination coordinates for someone being teleported to the coordinates of a teleporter in the enemy's own base? It could be useful for PvP server that are "Capture The Flag"-orientated.

A few things about the OP itself:
    1) You appear to be missing the recipe for the Adv. Chainsaw and the Animal Cages
    2) Formatting appears to be a bit wonky between the Adv. Chainsaw and the Animal Cages

About the addon itself:
    1) I like the idea of the Adv. Drill, but I agree with Lefty in that the recipes should be a little more expensive to make up for their abilities (The Cage recipe I couldn't care less for, I use Compact Mobs with Buildcraft to move my animals around)
    1.1) I'm thinking that instead of the Adv. Alloys, use Iridium Plates instead? Also, could you see about throwing an Adv. Circuit into the recipe? The Energy Crystal, I'm fine with though.
    2) I like the idea of the ranged charger, however I use Myrathi's ChargePads to get a similar effect.

All in all though, I do like the addon. A good job to you.

Stacking upgrades causes the machine to pass along more and more EU/t?

With this, I kind of wish that the "Pass-Through" upgrade was not stackable and so the machine that the upgrade is in would only pass EU to adjacent machines, then it could be chained by using multiple upgrades in multiple machines. In terms of EU transfer limit, I would say to treat the voltage as whatever went into the first machine, with the exception of EV (I have no idea how feasible this is), and each machine should be treated as a HV cable, no insulation (refined iron in machine block), minus the shock, in terms of loss, thus requiring more efficient setups.

I believe it was in one of the ST:TNG novels that I read about an advanced alien race who had really long range transporters and they found out it was basically a bunch of shorter range transporters that would hand you off one to the next. Being that this interfaces with ComputerCraft, I could totally see somebody setting up a system where you picked a destination within an entire network of destinations and were handed off until you were re-materialized at the final location, even if that location was out of direct transport range from where you were coming from.

Kind of reminds me of the star gate relay system. The gates will send their information to another gate to store in their 'buffer' then hand it off to the destination gate, or another gate's buffer until the information actually gets to it's destination.

I like the idea of this addon, once it becomes a little more...I want to say 'fleshed out,' then I'll give it a whirl. With CC just to play with it.

Found a bug in the new release. The GregTech Sensor Kit (GT_SensorKit_Item) has disappeared. The sensor card is there, but the kit has vanished.
    I switched the mod back and forth to confirm. I think that's the only thing that's disappeared because ForgeModLoader warns me about it when I load a save.

EDIT: Not sure what happened, but I exited and restarted and it was back. So, um...nevermind I guess.

It was probably an item ID conflict (my guess).