Posts by Geo Terra

The supercondensator outputs 8192 EU/t, 4 times more than a HV cable can handle.

What Tomcat was trying to say is that the supercondensator isn't outputting it's buffered energy to a superconductor until he manually does an enet update by replacing the conductor with an HV wire (which melts due to the voltage), then put another superconductor in the now-gone HV wire's place. At that point, it works.

My guess is that this is essentially a bug report to Greg.

Can I get something clarified? Putting the Compact Cell in the top-right slot of the Extractor puts the machine into "Extraction Mode" and enables it to slowly pull Forcicium from "space-time" while using a ton of energy? And the only way to revert the mode is to remove the cell and place 'raw' Forcicium into the very top slot?

How would you go about discharging the full Cells?

Very interesting mod.

Make the Chunkloader consume EU (adds more balance if you have to keep it supplied with EU) based on the number of chunks he keeps loaded. Let him interact with redstone signals so he can be turned on or off via simple lever or via complex redstone / and or computer craft stuff.
    Any suggestion how much EU/t he should consume per chunk?

I like the idea of the NetworkAnchor consuming EU to chunkload, also the the Redstone on/off idea.

For EU/t to consume... How about making it configurable with 5 EU/t being default? I say configurable for server owners who want to use this, but don't want people to spam the Anchor early on. Also, have it accept LV (goes without saying, but still...)

I think I'll add this to my mods list. This is definitely a cool mod.

Y'know, these EnergyNet anchors are going to go exceptionally well with BeamMeUp when I have that ready -- interdictors can't get their internal EU storage refilled if their generators aren't chunkloaded, and this would make them exceptionally easy to chunk load.

Nice addon, LostCoder, it's a brilliant idea. I'd like to second the request for making it select up to [a configurable number of] chunks, especially if you find a way to visualize the area.

BeamMeUp? I think I like the sound of that. :thumbup:

And I third the configurable chunk number option too.

*cough*opensource*cough*

... I've never been in this thread *Jedi gesture*.

Eh... Doesn't the Force only affect weak-minded individuals? I highly doubt that that work on many of the users here...

Anyways, I wouldn't mind IC2 becoming open source, but, in the end that's a design choice for Al and the IC2 devs to make. I'm not holding my breath for it.

Aren't the electric armor bugs based in Forge and IC2?

Right now, I have a world I'm working on as a proof-of-concept world where I can test the compatibility of the 56 mods I have installed (sorting block ID's was a damn pain), and have found the perfect area to settle down and set up shop as it were. But I've run into a slight problem: this f*cking tall grass everywhere! Being the lazy and stubborn person I am, I really don't want to move around and find a new area or just create a new world.

I was trying to figure out how to clear out all of this grass in maybe just a few passes, nothing of use came out of the mods I have installed, and my mind kept rolling around and back to the Redpower sickles.

What with Redpower2 not being fully updated (damn those last two(?) bugs) and as of yet unreleased, I'm trying to find something that will help me to clear out all of this grass akin to those blessed sickles and my searches have been fruitless.

I'm not going to bother attaching my mods list, please just suggest mods and how I can use them to clear out the grass. Thanks in advance.

Do you know DeFence ? It's an addon from Fallen Beast (written with numbers but ... I'm lazy ^^)

I'm not: F4113nb34st. XD

DeFence is probably one of the better addons for IC2, for me, I would install it right now, but I've been experiencing a number of problems with the "F4113n_C0r3" part of his mod. Been needing to bug him about that.... Excuse me...

1.4.6!?!
    NO MOJANG. DONT MAKE A FRIGGIN 1.4.6-UPDATE!!!

I hate it to update MCP. Especially the NEI-Source! Cant you just stop it? This Version doesnt have serious Bugs, we dont need an Update of it AGAIN!!!

I might create an instance for 1.4.6 just to check it out, but I hope to friggin god that Eloraam says "screw 1.4.6" and sticks a RedPower2 release for 1.4.5. I've been virtually dying to install Redpower2 on my 1.4.5 instance.

It was never different I think.

But previously there was a Hard Limit between Items and Blocks.
    Since the Block ID range shifted we have Items and Blocks in the same range - at last the Vanilla Items.

Will Item IDs resolved by Forge, or will they be hardcoded into the mod?

I think that once upon a time, Forge would auto-assign item ID's, but like RichardG said above, the Forge ID Resolver system seems to be royally screwed up.

I'm kinda wishing that the Forge devs would implement a bit-shift to move the item ID's for the Vanilla MC to 4096 and above, but then again that'd probably cause a crapton of incompatibilities. Or, fix the resolver system and add a condition that all modded item ID's are to be restricted to 4096 to whatever-the-max-was. (32 million, I think?)