Posts by lishid

I ended up collapsing all into one block ID which is 251 by default (same thing the Iron chest used to have)

I think you won't lose the items in the Iron Chests, while you will lose the other chest blocks... unless someone make a converter (or a refunding system)

I only have to solve a few problems before sending the new release.

for one, when you use animated chests, the items (when you pickup the chest) are not shown...

lishid, I think its a must though put a large warning up hehe. Also the quality your plugins seem amazing. Are you considering doing anymore any chance? Few people taken upon themselves to create a few plugins that are not really suitable for large scale servers in ways I should say just not professional enough but you seem very active and doing a wonderful job. I would love to see more mods from you :)

Thanks, I would try my best whenever I have time to make plugins :D

Well, personally I wouldn't mind moving around some stuff to free 2 IDs, but that's just me...

Ok, I'm working on merging the IDs now...

Just want to add my tuppence worth on the "too many diamonds" subject. 8 is too many. Far too many. 1-4 is probably an acceptable amount. I prefer 1 (I've not even found 8 diamonds total yet in my 2 week old world) but I think any cost up to 4 would be OK. I would suggest another way to increase the cost is to use a progression mechanism: iron chest has wood chest in it, gold chest has an iron chest in it, diamond chest has gold chest in it.

Ok, I changed the recipe to use 4 Diamond + 4 glass + 1 chest
    It's going to be included in the next release.

I could, but a few things that I'm concerned of:

1. You will lose everything in your chests when you update.
    2. Chests uses Metadata to store orientation, i.e. which side the chest is facing. (Updating will probably cause some change here, by putting facing in NBT int instead)

If you guys don't mind removing all items from Iron/Gold/Diamond chests and remove the chests themselves, then I can do it.

Might I recommend you change the recipe for the diamond chest to at least a diamond block required? Ideally diamond blocks on the upper part, diamonds on the lower part. These things are a bit too large for only a single diamond used and some glass. Nice mod though.

You mean a diamond block instead of a single diamond?

Gah! Stop it! I'm trying to build a version for bukkit. Every time I get a jar done- it's updated again! :D

Seriously, I've got this down pat now. Looks like it ports easily to bukkit. If you're interested I can share my work, when I've got 0.94 done :)

I'll be done for a while (expect a day or two for next updates at least), gonna work on the password lock and think about shared personal chests.

Also, I'll post my code you Github later on if anyone is interested.

Oh and if you don't mind, I can post a link to your bukkit port.

But if others find out the password they could open the chest and that's the advantage of the member system

True, but that's why you make sure you don't give out passwords to anyone.
    The member system (as far as I can think of) will be very complicated to code, not to mention how it will be complicated to use, and might be buggy.

Cool mod, I just hope everything in my chests doesn't magically disappear one day <_<

I noticed a bug with the animation on the gold chests, it has about a half second delay... Iron chests seem to be fine though.

SMP by the way.

I just merged some code, I think it should be fixed for the next version.

I thought the player who placed the chest is the "chestadmin" and can add members to it

Yeah, but I'm not sure if passing text in GUI's is do-able or relatively simple to do.
    I'm just throwing an idea that I think would be programmatically simple to achieve, which would end up with relatively the same result.

Basically, if you had a password chest, you'd enter the password everytime, and you would be able to change the password.
    This is like giving other people privileges into chests.
    Sure I can make this into a login-and-enter-password-every-time chest, but i can also just make the user never enter the password again (which idea is better?)
    Also, for adding members to a certain chest, I think it would just be easier that you give the password, since it can get quite complicated(programmatically) on how to put the interface of text entering, sending to server, etc...

Think you didn't see me request

I'm still thinking about it

Let's do some planning for password GUI's

Here's what i know:
    I've never seen GUI's that send text from client to server. So, I assumed this is hard or impossible (please tell me you can do that).
    What I plan to do is a 10 digit password input buttons, with a text displaying the password you entered, another button will try and validate.
    Also, I can combine this with the idea of multi-owner chest, where when players enters the correct password, they will be added to the owners list.
    To change the pass, just destroy and re-put the chest.

Is it possible someone could link me their IronChest.cfg file please? I am having a block ID problem which isn't fixable by ID resolver. I need to change the block ID manually, and the cfg isn't generating properly.

# Configuration file
    # Generated on 04/11/11 1:00 PM

###########
    # General #
    ###########

general {
    chestAnimation=true
    }

#########
    # Block #
    #########

block {
    blockGoldChest=252
    blockIronChest=251
    }

########
    # Item #
    ########

item {
    guiGoldChest=33
    }

Wow, that's... suspiciously even spacing, isn't it? Precisely the size of a chunk, if I'm not mistaken. The copper deposits don't seem to be affected though, which is weird, since they use the same code. That's our tin, right, not RedPower World's?

Good to know you noticed it XD

When I generated it, I only had IC2 1.15 and BC 2.2.2

I was making a hole to build structures in.

Let's do some planning for password GUI's

Here's what i know:
    I've never seen GUI's that send text from client to server. So, I assumed this is hard or impossible (please tell me you can do that).
    What I plan to do is a 10 digit password input buttons, with a text displaying the password you entered, another button will try and validate.
    Also, I can combine this with the idea of multi-owner chest, where when players enters the correct password, they will be added to the owners list.
    To change the pass, just destroy and re-put the chest.