[Addon 1.42] Iron Chests V0.9.5

• It's basically a Large Chest (double chest) within 1 block.
    Gold chest is 3x capacity of normal chest
    Diamond chest is 4x capacity of normal chest

BC pipes can be used on this block just like on any chest.

Install: Put in /mods/ folder

Recipe:

Image:

Video (by Direwolf20, THANK YOU :D )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCl2gs-B5yA

Changelog:

Todo:
    -Add a Password locking chest
    -Add a per Member Shared Personal Chest
    -Add a new chest that's invisible but accessible
    -Add a series of Personalized version of the chests

DOWNLOAD (Client, Server, Bukkit)
    Click here: http://forum.industrial-craft.…ad&postID=29273#post29273

• Sorry still learning things. What is the difference between the personal chest. I assume this is public chest?

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• @KaneHart Personal chest can only be opened by the user who placed it.

lishid Wow, many people are going to thank you for this one!

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• You sir... are winning! 8)

Great work, and thank you for fulfilling this request!

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• When you get the chance to alter the skin, you can just erase the module thing on the top face of the chest and no one won't confuse it with the Personal Chest.

Naturally, you'll have to create the texture, but it shouldn't be too hard.

• Idea- since it's not personal anymore, perhaps make it the size of a triple-chest by adding another layer of GUI on top? Equivalent Exchange, among others, has extra-large chests.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Idea- since it's not personal anymore, perhaps make it the size of a triple-chest by adding another layer of GUI on top? Equivalent Exchange, among others, has extra-large chests.

That would screw up with Minecraft's default maximum, which results in weird gui...
    Hmmm now that i think about it, I might be able to add a new GUI with triple size...
    I'll think about it.

Meanwhile, I'm working on making it a chest-like (with animation and new texture) block.

• That would screw up with Minecraft's default maximum, which results in weird gui...
    Hmmm now that i think about it, I might be able to add a new GUI with triple size...
    I'll think about it.

Meanwhile, I'm working on making it a chest-like (with animation and new texture) block.

ugh, no animation please. Either that or make it toggle-able via a config or something. Hate the 1.8+ chest animation.
    Still, good idea, it might be able to finally enable me to get rid of Equivalent Exchange if it were triple size. I basically don't use it for anything but the chests anymore... that mod is *way* broken.

• Just updated to 0.9.1

Added new texture (both animated and non-animated version)
    Added animation! Now it looks like the minecraft chest by default, with a shiny metal look.
    Added config to disable animation (makes it look like a normal block)

• Bug: When I left-click on the chest, it quickly gets destroyed (even with just my hand)...

What's the hardness setting on them atm? I'd say it's really low right now... lol

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Bug: When I left-click on the chest, it quickly gets destroyed (even with just my hand)...

What's the hardness setting on them atm? I'd say it's really low right now... lol

I'm using Material.iron now, gonna change the hardness...

• Just updated to 0.9.1

Added new texture (both animated and non-animated version)
    Added animation! Now it looks like the minecraft chest by default, with a shiny metal look.
    Added config to disable animation (makes it look like a normal block)

Works great (after the semi-obligatory find a new Block ID Dance) but there's a small problem with the non-animated version. Namely it still plays the chest open/close sounds.

• Please add another chest with password protection and a multiple user personal chest

This.
    It would be great on non bukkit servers without any wrappers installed, and hey, an ingame gui is better than chatcommands :D

• Works great (after the semi-obligatory find a new Block ID Dance) but there's a small problem with the non-animated version. Namely it still plays the chest open/close sounds.

Gonna fix in the next version

• Gonna fix in the next version

Woot! thanks for this by the way. I was pondering what to do in a couple places as I only have room for single chests yet needed more storage space for BC input/output stuff.
    This solves the problem rather nicely.