Posts by Queue

And what if I told you, that maybe something else is scanning for all the CFoam TileEntities and that something else thingy causes the Lag?

Also Player, how about removing the TileEntities entirely and only adding TileEntities to the CFoam Blocks if they get obscurated? That System works and is widely used in GT.

This. CFoam is fine right now, but if one were to "fix" it, the TEs are a wee bit unnecessary when the CFoam block is by itself.

:)
    I will try to keep up with GT6 as fast as i can.

The cheapest version of the multiblock tank i'm working on will be possible to build in late steam age. The first version i made for GT5 needed only a bit steel for the controller and Fluid hatches. I will try to get it out shortly after Greg readds the first of his multiblocks so i can use that as sample.
    Rain collection is something i did not think about so far and a good idea. I will likely add something like that in the future.

Awesome, I was going to do that myself, but my addon is slowly shifting to hardcore storage.

PGTAT v1.25 is now available in the original post, now fully compatible with GT6 (and still compatible with GT5) !

The only thing new is an attempted improvement of my ore textures, and crate overlay changes in inventory.
    I wanted to do a tweak on crates so that a little frame on them displayed a small icon representing the material inside, but since the overlay is disabled by default, I gave up on the idea.

Much nicer ores

I still dream of a town where we all build together. Preferrably with plots of 3x3 chunks (one chunkloader per person).
    Shared resources are up to each player.

I really would like to set up a town like so. Also forbid any heavy working factory on it.
    (Mostly resource generation factories like crop processing, bees, magic creation of stuff out of nowhere and such stuff that runs 24/7)

This honestly might motivate me to go back to the server. That and a reset.

As for Oregen, I'm for pure-GT oregen. PFAA is fine with me, but UB is something I've always hated. Until then, I'll be MIA until the CQI modpacks are finished.

EDIT: As for the town, it needs strict rules. This said, it should feel organic, like the Mindcrack 1.7 server. I suggest the roads be something of public property, able to be fixed and maintained by the whole server so that the area is nice to look at. Then we could have a massive RR station and tracks heading out to people's bases. Or do it in the Nether.

You have 4 decent approaches (from what I can see):

• Gregtech- Based off the IC2 concept you've mastered, but with an enourmous tech tree. I think this is your best IC2 related solution. Gregtech rewards the insane production of materials because the cost as you progress goes exponentially upward. You said you didn't want a new production system, but honestly I think you'd find it worth it.
    • Better Than Wolves- This is probably your second best option. The sad part is you will be stuck on 1.6.4, and you will have to forgo anything you've ever learned about mods and vanilla. It's essentially a standalone game that encourages insane production at a huge cost- a blend of TFC and Vanilla minecraft. Really awesome example of good game design.
    • Terrafirmacraft- The opposite direction of the vanilla-style mods, but TFC is really well balanced and the ENTIRE goal is to be efficient and productive or die. It's just really hard to get there. In fact, you may never will.
    • Your best option would probably be to add RotaryCraft. It isn't as game-changing as Gregtech, and it adds a whole new system of energy and such- but it adds some really nice expensive endgame things. It adds an insanely expensive fusion reactor multiblock, bedrock miners, as well as some other awesome things. No NPC type stuff (clay soldiers is a good idea, maybe also CustomNPCs if you're looking for that), but I think from an endgame goal standpoint, I'd suggest you install RotaryCraft and go for1 Fusion Reactor and Bedrock tools/armor. Remember to install ReactorCraft too (also by the same mod author on his website)

1. Absolutely! Credit all of the people who contributed (not just me) from the second page of the document, but feel free to do so. No need to contact me when it's done, just go right ahead. As long as you credit the people who contributed, there is also no need for you to link to this forum post.

2. I've contributed to the GT wiki, but the FTB wiki is not mine. I suggest contacting SpwnX or retep998 on this forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, since this came up, I have some news. Gregtech 6 is coming out. As a result, I am ceasing all work on the Survival Guide. It was a project too daunting for me to finish and since it got essentially molested by trolls, the editing restrictions have made progress very slow. Since the guide will very soon be obselete and I have a lot of things on my plate at the moment, I am handing off the document to the community for real this time.

Once Gregtech 6 comes out, the guide is anyone's to copy, edit and distribute freely. My only request is that you properly credit all of the people who put time and effort into creating the document. You can credit me as the original creator, but from the time Greg slaps the first release of Gregtech 6 I no longer have control over the document. If anyone wants to piggy back off the GitHub, contact me there and I can give you the repository.

Any questions, PM me here or on the FTB forum. And as said above, feel free to translate it.

When GT6 comes out, I'll make a decision on what to do for a future survival guide. Until then, adios.

1.2 released. Contains almost full AE2 textures, Pressure Pipes, Advanced Generators, and some more. I hope everything is in order :P

EDIT:

I changed the Gregtech machine hull textures. I want feedback on them compared to the old versions. The new ones are flatter and don't have the 'stacked' side style, and pay more homage to the designs GT use. LV is clean, MV bolts, HV has lines, up and up, ZPM has egyptian styling, and MAX is sort of abstract feel but with a hidden 'devil and angel' styling.

Fantastic work. Have you considered putting all your screenshots in the OP into one Imgur album?