Posts by cpw

This is just based on assumptions but one could manually patch without Cygwin if they think it's too much work/too complicated.
    Just look at the patch files and do all the changes manually or use any windows based patcher to apply them.

I haven't tried this yet, i make the fixes myself.

Agreed, there's a bunch of ways to do this- I just don't want to waste any more time trying to get MCP to like my patches :(

Attached with authority from lishid...

Other than updating to 1.0, the only other change is to use forge textures rather than ModLoader overrides- saves a few texture ids for other mods :)

3 file versions: client (always needed), vanilla server, and bukkit server versions.

Enjoy!

I would really, really appreciate an update. I don't really care who releases it, no offense. I can't update my server until this is released.

Well, I do care who releases it. It's not my code, and I'm not going to step on lishid's toes, unless he authorizes me to release my updated version.

OK, so the solution isn't perfect, because it requires Linux or Cygwin to work. Basically, it uses vanilla MCP to decompile normally, and then patches the errors out after the normal decompilation fails (because of the recompile step).

To use, simply extract the attached tar gzip file to the top level MCP directory where you have extracted MCP and verified that you can do a normal decompilation of both client and server. (three new files: ic2decompile.sh, minecraft_ic2.patch and minecraft_server_ic2.patch should appear) and run the ic2decompile.sh script.

It will decompile client and server (you need both!) and then patch with this patchset. Note, this is for IC2 1.42 (sorry, I built these patches before 1.43 landed) so you should start with that if possible. It will probably work fine on 1.43, but I haven't tested it and it's Christmas Eve.

I will probably leave this here, because I don't have a windows environment, and I've already spent far too long looking at MCP (which is a bit of an hackfest to be honest) and I just want to write some fun code and play the game with my kids.

Anyone else is free to take this work and try and incorporate it into the vanilla MCP process if they wish- I just wasted a day trying to do the same :(

Do you plan on adding your info to the MCportcentral cite? I missed out that this was bukkit until now because it was not listed on there site... so sad because i do love this mod and the members of my server were the ones who informed me this was ready to go... Great Job on the Mod Gult's with hope will be running soon if it plays nice with the other mods...

Err, I've had a post up there for some days now- sadly it's not been added to the big list. I suggest you always check that entire forum section- sometimes muckk overlooks stuff for the main list from us outsiders..

Use the newer version linked on the front page. That error is fixed.

Somehow your gui ids are different between client and server. Be aware, the defaults changed with IC1.42 and AM 3.0 because the old gui defaults for AM2.1 became iron and elec furnace guis in 1.42. So if you're upgrading a server, you'll need to change those numbers. The new defaults are now 40, 41 and 42.

Maybe you could add this peace of code into AdvancedMachines:

Code
    try {
        mod_IC2.initialize();
    } catch (Exception e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
    }

Then i think IC2 should get loaded before AdvancedMachines if it exist and not is already loaded :) What do you think?

No, it won't work at all. The problem is that the class loading context won't even know about IC2 when AM loads in that case. ModLoader adds class loading contexts for each jar/zip/whatever as it encounters them. The problem is, to even load AM, it needs to have already loaded IC2. In your example: mod_IC2 won't even exist as a class in java at the point that code will execute.

There's no simple way around the problem- you have to figure out a way to sort your directory ordering. I would suggest you look at my ModLoaderMP fix on the mcportcentral forums. I can't fix vanilla the same way though, you need Flan to.

So, this is a post about modding IC2.

To do so, you'll generally need to decompile it. Firstly you'll need to grab MCP5.0 from http://mcp.ocean-labs.de/index.php/MCP_Releases.

Unzip/extract that file to somewhere. Follow it's instructions and make sure you can decompile the vanilla client and server.

To decompile IC2, you'll need the same mods that you have already: ModLoader, ModLoaderMP, and minecraft forge.

Replace your vanilla jars in the MCP jars folder with the modded ones (avoid any mods other than those three in the jar files).

To decompile IC2, you'll need to add in IC2 to the jars. For this, I normally extract the client and server jars to temporary directories and run "jar uf <path to the right one of minecraft.jar or minecraft_server.jar>" from the temporary extraction directories.

Finally, you'll need the compressed file here http://www.mediafire.com/?xmpgh41i5focmpc (sorry, it's mediafire, but the forums won't accept tar.gz files, and I hate using zip).

This contains two patches (one client, one server) and a script which calls into MCP to decompile, before applying the patches and then decompiling again (successfully, the second time).

I am truly sorry that this is probably a linux/cygwin only solution, but MCP does not want to cooperate in building a useful patching environment, so I've had to work around the fun and games there. More info in my detail post below: http://forum.industrial-craft.…ad&postID=29078#post29078

I get this error with the server:

I've tryed adding a "z" in front of the filename but doesn't work on my Linux server, think this is becaouse ModLoaderMp doesn't load mods in alpabetic order. Any fix for this, eventually Zippinus/cpw, could you try fix this?

Sadly, the code that loads mods is in ModLoaderMP, on the server side. I can't "fix" this particular problem. If you're on a bukkit server, I just posted a fixed ModloaderMP for bukkit over on mcportcentral however, that will add in the sorting you want...