Posts by cpw

I get this error in the server:

That looks like a modloader ordering error- IC2 needs to load before Advanced machines (obviously). Try copying the file into the directory again.

Good to know, thanks Direwolf. I think refer them to that post and then back to the OP as soon as zipp has had time to figure out what's happening next... I'm handing the reigns back to Zipp, I've given him the code so he can continue on. I'm happy to help him debug/fix/test/update/whatever he wants, should he need my help.

Sorry guys, it's been a while since I focused on IC, I've been develpooing Bukkit plugins mostly recently...
    is anything breaking with the new IC versions?
    and also, would it be fine if my next release comes out for 1.0.0 when it will be available for IC?

Heh, no worries lishid. By the way, 1.42 is for 1.0.0. The banner at the top is wrong ;) This looks like a straight recompile for 1.0.0 by the way. Would love it if it still extended normal chests- then these could stack vertically :)

Just as an FYI, there will be server and bukkit server versions once I have a sane build system figured out.

For those who want to see a changelog:
    Nothing much should have changed. I heavily modified the internals though.
    Things that may work now that didn't before:
    1. indirect redstone. This definitely works. No more putting levers on the machines (an ugly ugly thing). Levers aren't treated specially by the mod at all now.
    2. Pipes should work. Top face should only match input, bottom face the battery and sides the outputs. You should be able to chain insertion pipes for a super efficient space-saving direwolf style factory.
    3. Particles from the macerator.
    4. Shift click should work to allow placement of stuff same as other machines.

Upgrade may work, but probably not.

Things I would like to fix (coming soon, maybe?):
    1. sound. I want a nice hum from powered but not actually working machines, as well as crunchy whirry noises when they're doing work.
    2. I may do my dust/clag/whatever thing as an optional extra along with the advanced recycler to use it.

Anyway, so far no bug reports :)

Addendum: I didnt test drops when the block is broken. Cam someone make sure that works? Thanks!

Does anyone know how to contact Zipp outside of this forum?

I believe he's banned because he has a lock symbol by his name on the front page post.

My version from earlier won't work because it needs to be recompiled against 1.0. I should have a version tonight.

OK I see zipp is banned. This presents me with a real quandary. I don't want to steal his work but he's obviously not going to be able to come back to it. I'll refresh my version to 1.0 and then think what I want to do. Alblaka has his own ideas how he wants to implement accelerated machines so not sure if I want to do my idea or not at the minute.