Posts by HeadHunter67

If you read early on in this thread, you'll see that they have no plans to ever put any of these machines in vanilla IC2 because tier 2 machines aren't what this mod is about or something...

Basically, blessing an IC2 addon that does this, but don't plan on it in vanilla.

Ah well. I hadn't seen that - easy to overlook something in a thread of this size - but the fact that it's considered an "official" add-on is good. I still couldn't imagine playhing without it, especially since I've now got the power to keep them warmed up all the time.

I tried this and got 1 lava cell. And the whole thing refused to do anything after that. The miner and pump was powered and had everything needed to work. And had a chest next to both of them. I tried using the adv. miner and the normal one and I even added the ID into the valuable ore area. Nothing.

As far as I know, you don't need to do this with the Advanced Miner. I have pulled up a stack of lava cells in a single dig at times - and I know that it wasn't drilling through a 64-meter deep pillar of lava so it must be getting it from nearby blocks.

Since I learned about the cascade water cooling system, I have no worries about evaporation any more. Basically, place the water source blocks 3 spaces up from the core (so they are just outside the 5x5x5 cube in which evaporation can occur). The falling water continues to cool the entire containment vessel, and since the source blocks are never evaporated they constantly replenish it.

Of course I'm not expecting a T2/T3 battery pack to be a portable MFE/MFSU... but if they were centered around one or two energy crystals/lapotrons and could store a couple hundred thousand/million, that would seem reasonable. Use an advanced circuit and an advanced machine in the middle, and the appropriate crystal at the bottom, perhaps?

You could use Dawn of the Modern World by thethirdmike

http://www.minecraftforum.net/…world-thethirdmikes-mods/

It adds a bunch of good stuff that melds well with IC2. Aluminum, chain link fences, vehicles, garage doors, asphalt, sidewalks, good, good stuff.

I wouldn't use everything he's done - in fact there's a lot that I'd simply rather NOT have, even among the core of the mod - but some of his ideas would work well in IC2. Especially the Fences and halogen lights (which also work on ceilings)!

Aside from that, a lot of what he's got in his "ModernTech" pack is done more effectively in IC2 already.

Fair enough - that's an honest way of looking at it. I guess we just see it differently. Personally, I find the existing system to be self-regulating for the most part.

I noticed the flaws in my previous power grid when I turned on a pair of Rotary Macerators at the same time my Induction Furnace was running. They began rapidly power-cycling, but the fact that it was taking longer to finish the tasks was all the encouragement I needed to make a change. All it took was a little rearrangement of the existing wiring system - instead of transforming down near the MFSU, I did it just before the primary wire trunk for the machines, and put a batbox on either side of the LVT. Now everything runs happily again.

If my machines blew up, I'd probably just be motivated to revert to an older save.

Sigh, enough with the attitude please.

Oh, so it's OK to have a "cry nerf" attitude, but not to ridicule ideas that favor a quick fix instead of an equitable solution? Please forgive me for noticing that there are some people around here who don't seem happy unless everyone else has to play their way. Maybe that's just a perception on my part - but it's just as valid a perception as "solars are overpowered".

The door swings both ways here, friend. You have the right to express your opinion, and I have the same right to offer my opinion of yours. I've frequently expressed that I am in favor of reasonable solutions; I simply disfavor the irrational ones that don't consider the ramifications and consequences.

I'd rather speak up against a bad idea than letr it happen and then everyone is dissatisfied (even those who favored it on principle) and then the cycle repeats itself. For GOOD ideas - like allowing server side configs (and user-configurable options in SSP), I offer my support with equal ardor.

If indifference is what you prefer, weigh my posts against the untold numbers who cannot be bothered to offer any opinion at all.

Why is it useless? Being able to obliterate four blocks deep of stone in a single shot makes hollowing out building areas a whole lot faster than using the diamond drill. It also makes long-distance tunnelling a whole lot faster for the same reason.

For all of the 10 seconds of battery life you'll get in that mode. Seriously, I'd be better off just lugging another diamond drill or batpack around instead, most of the time.

I think it really needs to be able to draw power from a batpack - and that we need a Tier 2 batpack that can supply such things. As it stands, 64 uses is about what you'd get out of a wooden pickaxe. Sure it's more powerful, but its uses are so limited (in its primary and practical mode) that one is better off with another tool.

I'm not sure why you'd want this "fix", especially considering that you mentioned your lack of resources. What you're saying is: You don't have the means to build a robust power grid, so you want to be punished further by having your machines break too? Will that somehow make the game more enjoyable for you? (If so, do you honestly think others share that view?)

I'm still baffled by the people I see in every game that suggest things that will only result in more misery and inconvenience. As for me, I play to have fun. If I wanted a game that felt like a job, I'd play EVE Online. If I wanted a game that was an exercise in despair, there's Star Wars Galaxies. 8o

It's comforting to know that you are aware of the issue and are working on it - and that your intent is to address the root rather than apply a band-aid solution. That's the mark of a conscientious developer. I appreciate how you stay in close contact with your userbase and take our concerns to heart.

For what it's worth, I set up a similar wind farm over another location and it seems to be fine - but, as I mentioned, I replaced the windmill .ogg with silence.