Posts by raa1337

No what i mean is something that attaches to the tree and extracts resin as it grows and then when the tree has produced a certain amount of resin (if there is a limit if not there should be) then it collects the wood and saplings to plant more

I wouldn't mind a block that extracts resin and deposits it in a near-by chest. Resin can repeatedly respawn if you don't spam-collect it and remove the resin hole.

Tree harvester seems pointless, considering the respawning. (And seems like more of a BC thing then an IC2 thing.)

So a personal safe useable by all, but linked to the player so everyone who opens it sees only their own inventory, with many access points? I could see many many uses for that on SMP and SSP. Especially when it comes to trading. If you have everyone who can have an inventory they can all access from 1 block it makes it easy to trade without the need to worry about carrying a mountain of rare materials half way across the world.

Hm. That brings up a problem: If everyone can access it, who can destroy it? Maybe two types- One only the person who dropped it can access/destroy, and one community type one that can be destroyed by anyone. (Obviously, server admins would have to handle who can destroy/move it at that point.)

Name:
    Worm-Hole Integrated Personal Safe

Description:
    Allows you to have 'one' personal chest that, theoretically, you can have everywhere at once.
    Have one chest at your first base and another at your second base and you can now easily transport items between the two places.
    Might require power: constant power to run it, or require a certain amount of power per item?

Recipe:
    Something like...

:Cable: :MFE-Transmitter: :Cable:
    :Cable: :Teleporter: :Cable:
    :Cable: :Advanced Furnace: :Cable:
    or
    :Cable: :Teleporter: :Cable:
    :Cable: :Advanced Machine: :Cable:
    :Cable: :Advanced Furnace: :Cable:

:Advanced Furnace: = Personal Safe, as the smiley doesn't work.

Personal Safe for the Storage, Teleporter for the teleportin' and MFE for the power storage to allow it to work. Cable for the cable stuff.

The Equivalent Exchange mod has something like that. Right click on the middle block, and a 3x3x1 area is instantly mined, and the drops are all placed right in the center area.

If the Laser gets something similar, that doesn't totally annihilate blocks out of existence, then this Drill is unneeded.

Edit:

Maybe this?
    EU/Block is the amount it costs per block in EUs, and Blocks/Second is how many Blocks a second it can mine (Not the speed per individual block).

Mining Laser: Highest EU/Block, Highest Block/Second
    Tunneling Drill: High EU/Block, High Block/Second
    Diamond Drill: Low EU/Block, Medium Block/Second
    Normal Drill: Lowest EU/Block, Lowest Block/Second

Would require this drill to become less costly, and the laser to become more costly, if this was to become the 'Tier 1-4' kind of thing.

As much as I would like a Tier 2 Extractor, Macerator, and Compressor (not the Tier 3 on the addon forums :p) all of this is totally OP. The Quantum Suit already has nearly everything we need.

However, to add to the absurdity:

IRIDIUM NUKE. Like TNT, but Nukes where sand would go, Iridium where gunpowder would go. ... Ok, I'll go hide in my cave now.

Obviously. But In all honesty, the Mining laser is more of a Tunneling laser, as It is (In its current form) more useful for making tunnels, for that exact reason. (assuming you can actually aim it) since it bores though any basic materials rapidly, and is clearly not designed for mining, for the reason you said.

So Obviously this function would belong on the mining laser more so than on a mining drill type thinggy.

Hm. I guess it comes down to if you want the cobblestone from the mining or not (recycling ftw :D ). I'd rather have this be slower then the mining laser, and let you keep all the blocks. That, and this is technically better (then the Diamond Drill) for mining for ore where the laser might accidently destroy it. Only named it 'Tunneling' as it makes a bigger hole, and you really can't make anything faster without it becoming the laser.

If the Laser is getting a drastic revamp, then I guess this would have to be ignored for now until we see what happens to it.

And aiming the laser is kind of hard... Off by a few pixels and you can go off track.

it kinda makes sense to make their Pearl to be 2x a coal, although it's a waste if you're trying to go to The End. Thinking about it some more... I don't recall any survivable way of leaving The End (haven't really been there yet... so maybe someone knows if you can leave The End, and thus this makes the balance screwy again).

Beat the Enderdragon and it spawns a portal to let you leave (As well as a Dragon Egg that's tricky to keep as an item). Spawns you at your bed, or spawn point. Can go back at any time through the original portal- But the dragon does not respawn. Can farm a lot of Ender Pearls this way.

Well this is exactly what I am trying to avoid somehow, but as it is now, there is no way to stop anyone from doing that. Everyone can just go to your base and destroy everything without a problem. I know my ideas are not perfect, but at least I am trying... :D

I think the only way to stop it, realistically, is the force-field block that I remember reading about from IC1, where you need to grab the frequency to be allowed in and out. It doesn't stop early-game grief-ability, but does give the option late-game.

But then that brings up the question of: If you can't get in without it, how can you PVP at all if you hide in a bubble?

Hard to balance. :Nuke TNT: THE EVERYTHING!

Oh, and that brings up another balance issue... Never let me on a PVP Industrialcraft2 server that lets you use Nukes.

Too many quotes, arghhhh.

While a Radar is great, it doesn't stop me from taking a single wrench, and zerg rushing in. Why would I do this? The wrench can fail, so even if I die and can't take it all, I can ruin your stuff. Nuclear reactor? Whoops, advanced machine is all that's left now.

And a radar doesn't work when you're offline, or not near your base- Or it does work, and you're too far away.

...Not trying to argue, but I'm mean when I PVP :<

Well, why would you kill anyone at the spawn? They haven't got anything that you can steal. In the early game it will be good to hide your base.

PVP is to kill people. Stealing is just a bonus.

The other thing is that it is not that hard to build a tesla coil even in the early game. I would like to see how they rush in against a tesla coil with a wooden sword. :D

Going around it. :P

If the mining times were normal, you could use a wooden pickaxe and bypass those turrets in like 3 mins and then steal whatever you want. For teamplay mods teams will have a different spawn and they will have to find the other team, or they can use some machine to find them in the late game if they didn't manago to find each other earlier.

If mining times are -anything-, you can use a wooden pickaxe and bypass those turrets.
    To be honest, nerfing mining times only slows the game down. I'll punch through obsidian to steal your stuff, if that's what it will take. (Not a griefer, but if you ask me to PVP on a PVP server... Everything's game.)

Different spawn points, a lot of chunks away from each other, would be a good idea to prevent spawn zerg-rush-camping.

If being able to take stuff from a base while only needing a wooden pickaxe is the problem, then the way to fix it is blocks that can't be destroyed by anything short of, say, a diamond mining drill or a mining laser.

Also I know IC and BC are totally different mods and they shouldn't rely on each other, but BC is a great addition to IC. With pipes you can make a lot of automatization. Almost all IC servers use BC anyway.

The IC2 servers I play on, don't. Group of friends on our own server and all that jazz. BC is an amazing mod for sure, but I don't like it being mentioned in the balancing of anything IC2 related, unless BC and IC2 are being combined. I don't think that's happening anytime soon.

Honestly IC2 shouldn't be balanced around what you can do in BC. Totally different mods.

On the thought of decreasing mining speed and all that...

Wouldn't that encourage me to make a stone sword, then proceed to spawn-camp you? Decrease the speed of mining enough, and I'll just make a wood sword and come kill you, or try to, repeatedly.

If protecting resources and bases is a problem there should be ways to protect it with certain kinds of blocks, but decreasing the speed of mining just encourages zerg-rushing with wood/stone swords.

If IC2 is created to allow PVP in a balanced way- There should be a way that I can't just sneak into someone's base with a wrench, and leave with all his machines and wires. (At least, not EASILY.)

Name:
    Really have no idea for a name. Automated fishing rod? Electric Fish net? Fishing Block? Automated fishing rod block?

Description:
    Really, any upgrade to the fishing rod:

A block that periodically catches fish for you when applying EUs.
    A fishing rod that, once cast, automatically reels back in once a fish is caught.
    A fishing rod that catches multiple fish at a time, manual or automatic.
    A block that you mount an upgraded fishing rod on- The fish once caught can't get off the line, but you have to right click to reel it in.
    A net that once electrolyzed catches multiple fish. One use before needing to be recharged to prevent total overpowered-ness.
    A fishing rod (and potentially bow) that runs off of EUs so you don't have to remake them often (This would be nice, even if they have no added effects).

Recipe:

:Electronic Circuit: :Bronze Sword: :Electronic Circuit:

:Bronze Sword: = Fishing Rod (or bow)

:Cable: :Bronze Sword: :Cable:
    :Electronic Circuit: :Water Mill: :Electronic Circuit:

:Bronze Sword: = Fishing Rod again.

Water Mill to move the caught fish into a near-by chest. Or something.

Rechargeable/Refuel-able Flint and Steel would be sweet. I don't see why there would be 'modes' however.

More uses for it, like the Refueling, would be nice to have for the canner. I just skip to the electric jet pack myself, and sometimes don't even make the machine.