Posts by raa1337

Previously you could use an Iron Furnace and only 1 refined Iron (with a battery) to make a generator. This used to save 2 Iron. Now it requires 3 Refined Iron.

I remember reading that it used to require 3 refined iron in the past, but was changed. Is this a bug, or intentional to prevent saving iron, and only saving EUs from converting Iron to Refined Iron?

I remember a mod somewhere else that had 4ish pages of item slots, and held an insane amount per page. Something like 250 stacks per page.

Would love a -GIANT- chest, like the one I mentioned, that can also act like a personal chest.

Make it require something insane, like Iridium Plates and 128-512 EU/tick or else you're locked out of it, and I think it would be balanced.

Crafting grid, or have it just throw it in a nearby chest.

Would be nice, even if the outcome was only the main part (generator/machine block/advanced machine block), and some of the other parts. I have so many extra machines laying around.

There's the new recipe for the quantum suit helmet that requires Iridium Plates, but the old one still works with a -full- Lapatron Crystal. (The one that doesn't require Iridium Plates.)

Also Snowballs stack past 16 in a compressor when you stick it next to a pump, but DO NOT when Water Cells are used in a compressor.

Edit 1:Two stack of snowballs at 263 each right now. I don't think it ends.
    Edit 2: At 300 now. Isn't there some point where it'll loop back to 1?

I doubt anyone would pay anything relevant for 10k EU. That's not even 3 pieces of coal.

I'd trade a battery for 5 stacks of cobble.
    ...Not like I'd macerate, smelt, and panel them or anything for recycling.

...What? Invite a friend to a new server, offer them this deal, then profit!

Due to the extreme cost, this could only be used in VERY small dosages. So it being nuke/MKV reactor proof is really only good for that, and nothing else. Al has always frowned upon things such as this. Besides, covering a reactor with heat-reducing explosion proof items is a wee-bit OP. Perhaps I misread your post, but it seems like something Al would deny.

The Iridium Heat Disperser would be used in the reactor itself as an item, like the original heat disperser- basically just an improved version. The Iridium block would be for people who may want to collect a ton of it and store it easier- And have the benefit of being explosion proof (or, much more then most blocks) for anyone who collects (makes) enough. Going to edit it a bit to hopefully make it a bit more clear.

I think they want to go for the 'post apocalyptic' form of Minecraft play... similar to Fallout....

Which, I wouldn't mind, but then again I'm kinda against 'themed play' in regards to Minecraft...

Kind of. I just like an explanation of how Steve learned how to build all of this stuff. Has to learn it from somewhere, or learn the basics from somewhere.

And, I like finding stuff randomly in the world- which is why I'm kind of depressed about the sad state world generation is at right now. Bland. Meh.

Name:
    Iridium Heat Disperser

Description:
    I don't know if the Reactor group would even want any new things to add to the complexity of their at-home bomb, but...

Essentially, a new heat disperser that involves Iridium. After all, Iridium's real life meling point is 2466 °C (4471 °F). (Conductivity, blahblahblah. Stuff is overpowered.)

I have no idea how to balance how powerful it would be in a reactor. I just recently started poking around in one.

Recipe:

:Coolant Cell: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coolant Cell:
    :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Iridium: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:
    :Coolant Cell: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coolant Cell:

Obviously very expensive, but it would be an end-all heat dispenser unless another metal (or something else) is added.

And an Iridium block would be nice:

:Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: 3x3 grid of the stuff. With it being so dense (second most of all elements) it should probably be the only block besides bedrock that can't be blown up (Even by our friend, the :Nuke TNT: ).
    :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: Or be very resistant to explosions, but still effected partially.
    :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: Both for those who like to collect (storage purposes) and being Nuke/Reactor/Mass Fabricator proof- but not cheap.

I need to learn Java.

Don't we all? Need more modding possibilities for Minecraft.
    (Also, don't ask Al for mirrors. Possible, but if you ask, you might be macerated.)

Construction foam would work for the buildings. Though if this was implemented at all it would need a config file for the ability to spawn, how often, what sizes, what could spawn in it, and how much might spawn in it. Also, if any special items could be found, the ability to config if and how much/often.

<meme>
    Al. Config all the things!
    </meme>

Add in ruined machines, and you can have the Mass Fabricators spawn... Just as a Ruined machine that can't be repaired- ever.

5% for a good, normal machine.
    10% for a broken, advanced machine.
    30% for a broken, normal machine.
    55% for a ruined machine of any type. Teleporter, Reactor, Mass Fabricator, etc.

5% of good cables.
    95% of ruined cables everywhere.

Percents can vary, but it's an idea.

Hm... Random structures on the surface (generally, I'd assume) with broken down machines and cables every once in awhile.

Though, I'd suggest these structures could hold upgraded versions of the Compactor/Macerator/Extractor, but requires a lot of material to fix them. Think lost, upgraded technology. (Though, I don't think Al would go for that. If anything, they should be broken and require some fixing, whatever they might be.)

Possibly tiers of buildings. From the basic generator ran buildings to the mass fabricator buildings.(or, what's left after they blew one up...)

Is it intended for 16 Snowballs to require 1m EU more then 4 Snow blocks?

If so, I request some sort of EU generator for when I break blocks apart. 250,000 EU per Snow block, yes? :P

If Uranium took 8 UU-Matter to make 1, wouldn't that prevent even the most efficient Reactor from making infinite energy?

Would be nice if Lava(from UU-Matter)+Cell=Lava Cell
    Or if the Lava could be used in a Generator, directly.

Also, I don't remember when lily pads were modified, but they also allow you to walk on top of them in 1.0.0.

I believe Uranium was removed because you could cause an infinite EU gain from it. Possibly solved by having it take 8 UU-Matter in the shape of a chest.

I do have a complaint: 3 UU-Matter for 16 Snowballs. 2 UU-Matter for 4 Snow. I guess it takes 1M EU to break apart 4 Snow Blocks? :wacko: Trading the 3 UU-Matter one for 4, 8, or 12 Ice would be nice.

Seems to be a rather popular idea. (Second or Third thread revolving around the same thing.)

Even if it was to only make/get/pull/extract 1-3 per Minecraft day, it would still add up fairly fast. Place against the tappable area and put a chest next to it so the Resin doesn't just spray out.

Al hasn't said anything for or against the idea, so who knows. It is one of the few things you can't automate.

Sadly the Nano Saber is just for looks (Flashy and Shiny). Chainsaw does just as much damage.

I either see enchanting being removed when IC2 is used (possible, but people might not like it), an enchanting-type of programming (kind of like what you said- was discussed in the other thread as well), or both of the previous.

Also, it might be a loong time before 1.0.0 compatible IC2- The next version is still only for 1.8.1. Considering the amount of... Stuff, to say it nicely, that Notch added it would take awhile to make IC2 interact in a working/logical way. Unless IC2 removes some of the magical elements of Minecraft.

But if anything like this is even considered, I'd also love for an EU->EXP converter. Like the Mass Fabricator, but for EXP. Grinding levels (minus beating the Enderdragon, woo 100-125 levels) sucks.

One-way windows would be awesome. But what would be on the nontransparent side?

Right click the block for a GUI where you can place a block to take it's texture, and have all connected blocks grab the same one? And what about a block that simply copies the texture of a block completely? Fake walls and floors.

Maybe even a block, like the above, but you can walk/fall through? Hidden doors, hidden traps, etc.

What if it only sucks out 1-3 Resin per day? 1-3, being what you would get normally, but less often as it's automated (And less often to hopefully not totally drain it).

Would be awesome to have a Resin farm connected to a few BatBoxes, connected to some Solar Panels. Could be totally independent of your base if the Resin collector only uses a small amount of EU to stay active. And as it's automatic, you could collect a TON over a few Minecraft days, depending on how large your tree farm is.