Posts by Pyure

SpawnX is really a smiling cat, Willis is a bearded character from minecraft, Pyure is a Pirate-ninja Mushroom (I hope?), Mauvecloud is... well, a raining cloud. He still plays pretty, besides the fact that he rains on the keyboard.

And I, well, I am a real Owl named "Drawfox", while my brother is an Hyena;
    It's weird, I know - But what can I do? Dad has alcohol problems...

For privacy and security reasons I actually wear my eye patch on my other eye irl...or do I?

Having seen contradicting information, can someone confirm whether a large titanium boiler (1800 mb/t of steam) will produce enough steam to run a multiblock steam turbine?

(the contradiction i've seen is 1800 mB/t vs 1800 B/t required for the turbine)

Where are you getting your turbine information from?

Make sure you're using the gamepedia wiki information as its the only one that's up to date. GT5u turbines don't have a set steam requirement: it varies depending on the rotors.

Thanks for the Technical info Pyure!
    Thinking again, the pipes should fill the hatches by ticks too, I assume, despite the info on the tooltip being in l/sec. So, It's safe to use pipes capacity to regulate flow, right?
    My previous setup, with large and normal steel pipes on two hatches should work fine then...

I never really trust GT pipes for "specific" quantities of throughput, due to its sloshing behaviour. I probably should have done at least a bit of testing with them but didn't. I just cheat and use something with a known-and-steady throughput, like enderIO pipes or some such.

Thanks for this feedback willis. I'm pretty pleased with the IC implementation, it makes for more flexible builds (instead of everyone just knowing some magical ratio of reactors to LHEs to turbines) :)

Don't forget that the turbines will consume up to 125% of the optimal flow so in this case you'd want to feed 2 fluid regulators (each set to 600 mB/t) from your titanium pipe. The output of the regulators should feed your large stainless steel pipe that goes to the turbine.

If you trust the math implemented for multiple input hatches you could also just have the 2 fluid regulators go to a single input hatch each and save yourself the effort of recombining in a tight place (though you could come up with some really clever compact designs here).

I did that math on the multiple hatches myself, so, you can trust it :p
    Small reminder though: if you use fluid regulators, each one costs around 10 eu/t to run. That said, they're amazing for keeping an eye on your flow like you mention in one of your later posts.

I am trying to not use regulators, are they needed?
    The Huge Titanium Pipe is just the first block, I am using different sized pipes to adjust flow, but I feel that it is not working right.
    I was using a Large and Normal Steel Pipes and two hatches before (19200+4800 = 24000l/sec).
    I am aware of the 125% flow, I could feed 30000l/sec on that case, but choose to use a 28800 to avoid another input hatch (because I feel that that was causing the problem, not sure on how that is being calculated);
    Does the turbine consumes by seconds or ticks? I assume that it does by ticks, so I'll HAVE to use regulators to it work properly (and that information should be on tooltip, or wiki at least).
    I would love to have operational information on the GUI, like Input and output of the generators, so we could at least know if there's something wrong.

That 125% flow thing really hurts your efficiency, so keep an eye on it. Consumption does happen per tick on the turbine (although its per second on the LHE).

Adding operational info to the GUI is something I definitely want to do. I haven't looked into feasibility yet.

May i ask if this is some sort of unofficial fork for gregtech ? I read the OP and apart from link to greg approval regarding fixing some bugs there is nothing regarding adding new stuff or this fork author plans.

Its called "unofficial" but its pretty damn official. The only thing it doesn't have is Greg himself. And even then, implementation is done with an eye on greg's philosophies for the most part. So you won't find, say, chrome Ore.
    There's actually a very large amount of "new" content. New in quotes because much of it is oldschool GT stuff from previous versions, such as fusion power, distillery towers, quantum tanks, etc.

http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Large…nger#Integrated_Circuitry[/url]

This rhetoric implies the math works the same between both lava and hot coolant but after thinking about it that doesn't make sense. Does the threshold change for lava move by 150/4 (37.5) for each IC value? The four I'm thinking of comes from the fact that the hot coolant threshold is four times higher than the lava threshold.

I wrote that wiki (and that code) so if something's botched, my bad. And I did 95% of my testing with Hot Coolant rather than Lava.

The effect of the integrated circuit is 1.5% inefficiency and 150L threshold decrease per IC level. But while the Lava inefficiency tracks proportionately (1.5%), the Lava threshold doesn't. So I see where your concern is: Given that the Lava threshold is only 25% that of Hot Coolant, Lava should definitely drop by 37.5L per IC level.

Good catch.

(Also: What rhetoric? :p)

edit: looking at the code, it appears I subtract 150L in both cases, but then divide by 4 later to get the Lava threshold. Are you able to test this? Hopefully this is just a fix that needs doing in the wiki, not the code.

I agree with everything here except disabling up-conversion via transformers or battery buffers. If I'm legitimately generating 32 + 32 + 32 + 32 = 128 eu/t, then I should be able to power something that requires that much power.

It also provides interesting routes to objectives without limiting players to a very linear progression path.

"Configs" notwithstanding. Perhaps I should have said "I'd probably use all of these config options except for..." :)

I'm making a LHE to large HP turbine to large steam turbine setup. While recycling the distilled water I still have to run a distillation tower almost constantly. I've tried to make sure there are no plumbing problems and optimal flows are hit (1 B/s of lava to run two normal tungstensteel turbines: 10000 L/s). Is there a mistake with the assumptions I'm making about ratios?

Heya willis

Ratios are fine. Where people usually lose distilled water is when the various hatches fill up.

If a hatch accepting steam or distilled water ever completely fills up, any excess is instantly voided. It usually indicates that you're generating too much steam for your turbines to handle.

True but isn't there a loss in total EU when using the steam one rather than the normal one?

That would sort of defeat the purpose of having it in the first place :)

Short answer: it will vary from pack to pack and setup to setup, but generally speaking and assuming just plain old IC2, you'll get at least 2x as much power going the steam route.

I can only say for sure that the large Turbine in .26 was broken.
    366mio is too much. 64 cells * 4mio EU * 140% efficiency = 358mio.
    Then there is loss due to spin up time and transfer loss. The large plasma gen also has a relatively huge internal rounding loss. Finally, did you limit the plasma flow somehow? Not that the overflow takes away most of your efficiency bonus. I'm currently not at home, so i can't see how much the turbine should produce.

You can fine tune the fluid regulators more in the fluid per second mode. 7.32 mB/t is close to 146 mB/s: a much closer approximation for free.

jesus, I never even thought of this. This is brilliant.

Is there any way with just GT to a) remove creosote oil from RC Coke Ovens without using power, and b) voiding fluids?

Neat problem. I assume IC2 is also allowed.

You can probably remove the fluid simply by using a pump attachment on a pipe. The pump will need to be on Insert mode.

You can "void" the liquid by burning it in, say, the semifluid generator, and not sending the power anywhere. Personally I'd harness this energy: if you're still using RC Coke Ovens you're in a pre-nuclear age and can use this power for great (or evil) deeds.

Alternately, you can pipe it into a tank (Quantum Tank) and use some automation trickery to remove/blow up the tank. Not sane/ideal, obviously.

I don't know of any liquid-voiding mechanics native to GT or IC2.

Hiya Again Jaunt. Be aware that all of what I say below applies to, I believe, v27+.

1) For steam consumption, can you point me to that wiki? The steam consumption depends entirely on the rotor, so 1600 steam/tick is only true if that's the maximum consumption of a very heavy, huge rotor.
    2) Optimal Flow for a rotor means that's the amount of steam required to get the most efficiency out of a rotor. Let's say you have a rotor that generates 500 eu/t. If you only give it 10% of its optimal flow, it will only generate around 50 eu/t.

"Flow" to a reactor is determined by the turbine checking its hatches every tick. It attempts to consume up to 125% of its optimal flow. In other words, if it wants 1000 mb/t steam, it will try to take up to 1250. At 1000 mb/t it will generate 100% efficiently. At 750 and 1250, it will operate at approximately 75% efficiency.

It will never try to consume more than 125%, so don't worry about losing 64000 steam from a full hatch all at once.

Your pipes should be fine so long as they're going into 2 input hatches. Be advised that multiple hatches are buggy as all hell in your version (upgrade plz)

1b) Your rotor is disappearing due to a bug fixed in later versions.
    2b) Bug fixed in later versions.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask for clarification on anything you like.

And what about large turbine? I tested large rotors from different materials but with the same optimal steam flow (24000), which corresponds to one steal boiler. These are: black bronze (95%),cobalt brass(120%), dark steel (130%), cobalt(130%), tungstensteel (140%). Their energy output are next: 420, 530, 570, 570, 625 eu/tic. So, it really rises with efficiency increasing. But using old formula output=steam flow*efficiency/2 it must be next: 570, 720, 780,780, 840 eu/tic. That means, old formula does not work. Why?
    Sorry for my annoying, but I think that you have become accustomed =)

hvelgelmir, your name is really hard to type :p

I coded the last changes to the turbine, so if you're using the latest version and there's a problem, I did it.

Looking at your numbers, I get the strong impression you're not sending optimal-flow to the turbines. If a turbine wants 400 steam per tick, and you sent it too much or too little, you're going to lose efficiency.

We cap the penalty at 125% overflow, so in this case, it could consume up to 500 steam per tick, and drop your output from 570 eu/t to 427 eu/t, 720 to 540, etc. Which is pretty close to the numbers you're quoting. To control the rate of flow, you can use a fluid regulator, or pipes with a known throughput.

Well, don't tell that there is a way to do it too, and I wasn't aware...
    I looked everywhere on NEI, biofuel the recipe always ends on a loop on the canning machine;
    I followed by plants, but it says that I can only do biochaff -> dirt block.

Yeah, IC2 NEI is a total gong show sometimes :)

Youtube it, there's plenty of videos on it. unggod did a setup or two that tells you everything you need to know.