Posts by psusi

You can also now pipe in the air as a fluid, though apparently you still have to create it using UFCs. I set up some ender IO pipes to buffer the air in a tank and then feed it into the blast furnace and it works like a charm. Gives you some leeway when you steal the compressor for other jobs.

It's not actually a feature of experimental teleporters at all, it was a feature of all IC2 teleporters (ever since they were added) until 1.9+ in which they now only teleport you if the destination teleporter is off. You can also seen being teleported back and forth between them too, so it would be strange for it to stop working if the CESU recharged for the top teleporter.

You finally fixed the teleporter ping-pong? That's great!

Sulas, linking the teleporters is not symetric. That is to say, linking A -> B does not make B teleport to A. If you want to go both ways, you have to link it the other way too. Or instead you could have A -> B -> C, or 5 remotes all send you back to one home, and so on.

I agree. I just crafted a nano helmet and went exploring in search of a village for iridium or a desert for some cactus green to make pressure pipes. I spent maybe 15 minecraft days wandering around ( this map hates me ), and I never turned off the night vision. I thought this is great, they finally got rid of that annoying "feature". I was so thrilled. Then it suddenly started giving me blindness any time it was day, even at bedrock under the ocean in pitch dark.

It's nice story wise, but it really ruins the usability, so please, for the love of all that is holy, get rid of the blindness kitch. I really want to stick with IC2 instead of using dark steel gear, but the blindness any time I get close to a torch or lava ( even if it wasn't broken and using daytime instead of local light level ) just makes it useless.

The only time I have ever used them is when I had more than 2048 eu/t generating capacity ( from 9 EU reactors and a bunch of semifluid ) and wanted to combine it all into a single feed that could simultaneously recharge multiple MFSUs powering my teleporter. I like the recipe but agree that it should yield more. On the other hand, why make a long run of cable that you have to keep chunk loaded when you can just charge up a lapotron charging crystal, teleport, and fill up your MFSU.

Yes, it does look goofy... but is it any more goofy than setting up an igneous extruder to feed cobble into a railcraft crusher all day for the rare chance of getting a diamond? I don't know.

I just noticed that in 1.10, JEI says you can now put steel ( formerly refined iron ) into the macerator and get back iron dust, which can of course be refined back into steel again. This creates an infinite cycle where you can keep recycling iron -> steel -> iron, and get slag each time you do, which centrikfruges into a tiny gold dust and 6 coal dust. While this is a time and energy intensive process, and there are other similar processes ( cobble gen and railcraft crusher -> rare diamond ), I thought it was worth mentioning as a possible oops. Given the time and energy required, it might be ok, but then again, it might be an oversight.

How is the amount it is carrying measured? I keep reading that EU packets are gone, but they still seem to be there. A HV transformer still seems to ship out 2048 eu in a tick, any time that it contains enough to do so. Does that mean that even if you are sending only 128 eu/t over a HV cable, it will shock you every 16 ticks, or does it get averaged over some period of time and then check the insulation count?

I noticed that the double/triple insulated gold/iron cables seem to be back in 1.10. Why? I seem to remember that long ago the extra insulation reduced their loss, but then they were removed and covered iron cable just took 3 rubber to insulate and that was that. The loss listed by JEI for all 3 levels of insulation appears to be the same, so why are the multiple levels back?

Also, tin cables now seem to have the same loss as copper, but it used to be lower, giving a reason to use it instead of copper.

MOX works slightly differently in fluid reactors, it gets a 2x bonus when the reactor is at 50%+ heat, and nothing otherwise. It means designs are a little more predictable despite the heat fluctuating.

Hrm... this seems somewhat... sub-optimal. Better than exponentially increasing heat which would cause the reactor to blow, but not nearly as beneficial as the EU reactor MOX system. What if instead of doubling the output at 50%, the core temperature exponentially increased the lifespan of the fuel? Then you get constant, predictable output, but the longer life leads to greater efficiency.

You know there is a Item called Obscurator which allows you to copy textures of any kind so you do not need to worry about these things...

Ohh, I saw that thing once and could not figure out what it did. How do you use it?

Does i2c work with mcmultipart yet or otherwise have some means of covering cables besides construction foam? I like it and all, but when you make your whole house out of it, it looks pretty plain.

So it has been a year since I played with IC2 and I wanted to see what was new, and check out minecraft 1.10 finally instead of the tried and true 1.7. I quickly ran into a problem: crops seem to be gone. The old recipie does not work, and according to JEI ( when installed ) there is no such thing, and there is also no recipe for the cropalyzer or cropmatron ( makes sense since they use crop sticks to make ). What's the deal? Temporarily disabled / unported to 1.10 so far, or what?

In real life things won't work very well, if you power BOTH sides of the transformer, either.

Sure it does; how do you think the power grid has more than one generator attached to it? Or how do you think that home PV solar arrays manage to sell power back to the grid? They push the power right back out the line and through the same transformers that it can come down through.

Imho, fluid reactors are unusable until the steam generator is reworked to produce a variable amount of stream from a variable amount of heat rather than fixed 200 hu/t bundles.

I generate the heat also using the biogas with fluid heat generators. You can just stack pairs of heaters/fermenters row after row, swapping their position back and forth every other row and fill them all with fluid ejector upgrades. I also misspoke before: the crops don't have all of their stats in the teens, but rather the sum of all three stats are in the teens, so they are each in the range of 3-9. In other words, they are by far not the best crops and still enough to make all of that biogas.