Posts by psusi

Yes, biogas is definitely a great early power source you should get onto instead of coal generators as soon as possible. Early on I ended up setting up a row of 3 fementer/liquid heater pairs with a stack of fluid distributors on top and another set of 3 fermenter/heater pairs on top of that. The fermenters eject half of their fuel into the heater and the other half into the distributors. The distributors pipe the fuel past the heaters for a second pass to top off their supply, then dump into 3 generators. I later doubled the setup and attached a dedicated canning machine with pump and another row of fluid distributors to auto load the biomass. The only problem with that is that it is a pain to remove the fertilizer when it builds up in the fermenters. This generates pretty decent power. On the other hand, the new windmills seem to generate more power and just need the rotor replaced every couple of days.

After several months I have *finally* managed to complete my quantum armor set and I can't make the quantum chest piece flight mode work. Pressing M while holding down space makes it print that it is toggling the Quantum Suite Hover Mode on/off, but it does not hover nor fly.

When this thing was first introduced, I thought it was a bug that I could no longer punch weeds away. Only recently did I realize that this worthless weeding trowel tool was added to remove weeds instead. Simply punching removes everything else, and even though one punch no longer removes weeds you can keep punching until you break the crop sticks and replace them to get the same result, so this tool seems totally stupid and should just be removed in favour of the way it used to work.

I've been trying to pack a portable base with me while I excavate deep down near lava lakes. I figured I could use the lava to recharge my mining laser/energypack so I brought a pump and a pair of geothermal generators. The problem is that you have to also bring an MFE to charge the tier3 items, which is quite expensive. It would be nice if you could drop a pair of transformer upgrades in a generator and have it charge the batpack, or one in a cheaper CESU for the same result.

Yeah, but be lucky with your minecraft seed or have dungeon mods installed, and glass fibre is easy peasy to make, at least, with my proposition, you need some tech to get the spectrum dust ( at least a thermal centrifuge and a constant generator )

If you have a mod that makes silver ore spawn I suppose that makes that part easy, but if you come by diamonds that easily then you really do have a broken/totally overpowered mod installed.

and piezo crystals are indeed made out of quartz, and a lot of modern/fancy watches ( I live in the french part of switzerland, geneva, so I know that :D ) uses quartz piezo crystal vibrators as a more precise way to have seconds ( not as precise as a nuclear watch though ;) ) and no, the fact that I wanted quartz dust be one of the component of the spectrum dust compound is a pure coincidence with piezo crystals ;) :P :D ( no but really ).

Modern? Fancy? More accurate? Every battery powered watch ever made uses a quartz crystal.

I still say UUM is too damn expensive. I find myself just letting the game run while I'm afk for hours just to make something with UUM. I suppose the amount of energy it takes without any amplifier is ok, but it takes 8 stacks of recycled coblestone to get one stack of scraps and that gets chewed up in seconds and generates only 1 or 2 mb of UUM. I think the recycler should return 1 scrap for every item recycled rather than 1/8 chance. If it's common enough then it might actually be worth using as fertilizer and might make getting enough UUM something that can be done in a reasonable amount of time.

Yes it does.
    I have two of them. One runs all the time to feed the recycler, the other one I run once in a while. And the only way to stop harvester no2 is to cut the power with splitter cable.
    Running all the time is not a problem, running only when needed is.

Why would you want to stop it? Keep it running and feed the recycler.

Does this mean there is no Real Life Crystal that can convert Electricity to Light and vice versa? I know there is a kind of Crystal that can do vibrations to Electricity and vice versa (I think it is called Piezo Crystal, not sure about the spelling/translation though)

I believe Piezo ( or were there two Zzs? ) is the process; the material is simply a quartz crystal.

WTF? They use gold thread to bond the bare microchip to the pins inside the packaging, supposedly because it's a better conductor. It isn't exposed to air since it's inside the sealed package.

One carbon nanotube costs over 20,000 coal, and 9 iridium plates to craft.

Are you a masochist? ;)

Seriously, getting that much coal would take like ~1000 runs of the automatic miner with the OV scanner. And that's just to make one? By the time you get enough to do anything useful you are looking at thoroughly mining out every bit of coal in a 1000 x 1000 block area.

Yeah i know, but with upgrade I can run machine all the time without applying redstone. Advanced miner will run with just upgrade and mass fab will stop when i put it in. Useful in tight spaces and for aesthetic reasons :P

The crop harvester *already* runs with no redstone signal.

GOLD - actually gold is very good electric conductor - and i would suggest making it a little worse than copper

Yes, gold is a better conductor than copper in real life. So why should it be worse in the game? Especially when it is more rare/valuable.

Found another interesting bug. I have a little wind farm going. The first one I built I stuck a CESU under the kinetic generator and ran copper cable down to my base. I added two more generators by branching off from the main cable at an elevation of something like 150, moved 30 blocks away, then up to 170 where the generator is placed. On these two, I did not bother with the CESU. The copper cable runs down to my base, past a mass fabricator ( to use the excess energy ), and into a cesu.

I noticed that the CESU under the original windmill now shows full, as does the kinetic generator, and that its output is therefore 0, like the energy has nowhere to go. The EU reader on the cable however, shows 15kEU/t ( notice the k ). This is measured on the segment between the supposedly full cesu that is not outputting anything and the branch point. Measurement on the cable branch going to either of the other two windmills shows 8.7 kEU/t. The two generators that indicate in their own ui an output other than zero are around 70, so I would expect about 140 at my base, but there it is reading 780-880 eu/t.

That is why we uptransform, regardless of cable.

For sending lots of power a long way, yes... not for powering one machine only a few blocks from the cesu... especially when that already requires the machine have one transformer upgrade installed.

So I don't know what the deal is, but now that I'm playing with the new enet in a survival world instead of just test, I'm seeing much higher losses.

I have a windmill powering a cesu that powers a miner. The cable run from the cesu to the miner is currently something like 12 blocks long, and when I measure the eu flow at the first cable block it reads 52 eu/t and at the miner it reads 44 eu/t. That's a loss of nearly 15% over only a dozen blocks!

You shoud play mod atleast once before making any suggestions.

Both suggestions are completely invalid.

I don't know what thread you are reading, but it isn't this one and the attitude is not needed. I only made one suggestion and it is completely valid. It is quite annoying to spill liquid on the ground because I tried to click one too many times on the canning machine and its input tank filled up.