Posts by psusi

I think the Windmills are not OP at all. The Mechanical idea is good. But there is a problem.
    IC2 Has always 100% Windstrengh and goes maybe down to 80% or up to 120% Speed.
    As i desinged the Spmodversion (fixed version) of Compact Windmills, i did add a Way that is not OP. The Windmills produce energy on the RotorSpeed so you have to build Windmills Differend. And based on the Windspeed the Rotor will adjusted the speed. Now i only need to fix the IC2 Wind. When that is done there is a noneOP version of Windmills.

No. ic2 wind fluctuates quite a bit and there are times when the windmill output stops entirely because the wind is too low. Also the above poster clearly proved they are overpowered since their output is on par with nuclear but they are far easier to build and operate.

The one down side to them is that they have to be spaced out like 15 or 20 blocks apart and can't be stacked vertically since they want to all be at a height of 170 for best wind. That means you can't pack too many of them into your chunk load radius. You can pack plenty of nukes into a small space to get a lot more eu/t, but then they do take a lot more maintenance.

First of all, there is no reason to store that much energy; just keep feeding it to the mass fabricator. One MFSU is really more than enough storage. The only reason you need to store it is so you can quickly recharge your gear or power a teleporter. I'm not sure about those fancy solar arrays since I just play pure ic2, but unless they are 100-500 times more powerful than the ic2 solars, that isn't much energy. Without nuclear, the new ic2 experimental windmills produce very good energy output ( ~100-200 eu/t each at a height of 170 and using steel rotors ).

Also you don't need to use glass fiber cable unless you want to transport insane voltage ( > 2048 v ).

I hadn't noticed that hydration and fertilizer made much difference so in my current world I just bred up reeds until their stats were in the teens, and I think I only have half a dozen of them with a crop harvester ( no crop matron ), and that is having no trouble feeding 16 fermenters/heaters powering 8 semifluid generators pumping out 128 eu/t. The setup was fairly expensive to build but it's maintenance free energy. I augmented that with wind power until I started cranking out nuclear reactors. I currently have 4 windmills, that biofuel setup, and 6 reactors generating a combined ~2300 eu/t.

I finally started playing with the new charging batteries tonight and they seem pretty awesome -- no longer do you need to dedicate your armor chest slot to carrying energy to feed your mining drill / laser / other tools! However, it seems that they only will charge items in your hotbar, and not items in your main inventory ( not such a big deal ) or armor equiped in armor slots. So if you want to recharge your night vision goggles or your electric jetpack, you have to put them into your hotbar for a bit to recharge rather than just wear them normally. Is this intended? It would be *really* awesome if the charging energy crystal could continuously power your electric jetpack in your chest slot.

I've been wondering for a while now where I can find the source code, preferably with instructions on how to build it? I might try my hand at fixing some things.

I believe that setup will work when the new e-net code is in place since it will be possible to run more than 32 eu/t at 32volts; it will just incur higher losses than using a higher voltage ( but for a short run that still shouldn't be too bad ). Right now though, the batbox can only output 32 eu/t max.

Your setup in the picture looks like a bit of overkill though. You shouldn't need multiple furnaces; a single induction furnace at max heat can smelt two stacks simultaneously in just a few seconds. You also shouldn't be needing to refine that much rubber that fast that you ever need more than one extractor. It's the washing machines and thermal centrifuges that are slow so you want a few of those but I usually find two is plenty. They also take plenty of power, but 60 geothermal generators is overkill there; 10 should do. I also find that one metal former is plenty at least if you throw in two overclock upgrades. If you are throwing in hundreds of items at a time you can always attach an item buffer to it with some ejector upgrades and throw in several hundred items and go do some mining while it processes.

Under the current e-net code, it seems that most generators output 32 volts. Because under the current e-net code, the output voltage limits the output eu/t to the same number, it appears that the kinetic wind generator outputs 512 volts, since its maximum output is over 128 eu/t. This means that if you try to connect its output to a low voltage transformer to step it up to 128v, it limits its output to 128 eu/t, so you don't want to do that. Under the new e-net code, the idea is that you *can* output 150 eu/t at only 32v and so if the kinetic wind generator does go to 32v like the other generators, then you will want to immediately step it up to 128 or 512 volts to reduce transmission loss, right? So when the new e-net is done, we will need to reconfigure our wind farms with low voltage transformers right?

So what is this new turning table thing? All I managed to do after shaving the max off of each part of the wood shaft was to create a single stick.

I don't think you actually need the item sorter and buffer. You could use two fluid ejector upgrades, one configured to eject fluid into the heater and one configured to eject into the generator (using a "first valid side" fluid ejector risks sending biogas into the fluid distributors). Then you could put the hopper under the fermenter to pull the fertilizer out and push it into a chest at one end.

Nope.. the heaters will run out of fuel and the system will stall. You need more of the fuel to go to the heater than to the generator, but the fluid ejector wants to split it evenly.

I finally came up with a setup to fully automate a cluster of semifluid genertors.

You can run as many modules in parallel as you want. Each module consists of a fluid heat generator heating a fermenter, which has a fluid ejector upgrade configured to throw the biogas back into the heater ( must be directionally configured ). It also contains an ejector upgrade configured to eject in the other direction and is preloaded with 3 universal fluid cells. As long as there are at least 2 empty fluid cells they won't fill up until a full bucket of biogas is stored in the internal buffer, thus giving preference to the fluid ejector keeping the heat generator topped off. On the other side of the fermenter, place an electric sorting machine, followed by the semifluid generator. Under the sorting machine, place an item buffer with an ejector upgrade configured to kick items from the blue side up into the sorting machine. Under the semifluid generator, place a hopper attached to the item buffer to suck empty fluid cells out of the generator and send them back to the sorting machine via the buffer. Configure the sorting machine to send full cells to the generator, and empty cells back to the fermenter. Above the fermenter you can place a line of fluid distributors to distribute biomass supplied from a canning machine connected to a pump and macerator filled from either a chest/hopper or a crop harvester.

Visual representation from the side:

Code
    D
    H F S G
        B h

The setup can scale to as many generators as you want ( well, *eventually* you will max out the canning machine ). The only down side is that it is somewhat expensive since the sorting machines take plenty of iron and redstone, and the fluid distributors take a ton of iron too, though you can install those later on and just manually top off the biomass. If you set the sorting machine's default direction to the side for all but the last module, all of the fertilizer will collect in the last item buffer for you to take every now and again.

The only real problem (and at the point I describe it should be just a slight irritation) I see is that you have to have a Tier 3/4 processing setup being fed somewhere on the underside of 70EU/t (think it's 69EU/t for all 4 machines?) as a minimum currently to have them running continuously which requires using copper cable to transfer as tin won't transfer that much power.

Why would you ever use tin cable instead of copper, which is much more common? Save your tin for burning in nukes.

I was actually thinking of energy tiers like cable conductor has main influence on cable losses - so

This is how it used to work. I'm glad they got rid of it since in real life insulation has nothing to do with loss and is only there to prevent the electricity from leaving the cable and going into something you don't want, like your body.

Ahh thanks, that is awesome! It always annoyed me that the regular jetpack did not have an off switch. I just assumed if there were an off switch it would be one of the modes the mode switch key would cycle through.