Posts by MauveCloud

Since you say "for now", that implies you plan to eventually add the others. There are some I'm curious about, though:

1. Oilberries - afaik, there is no simple "oil" in IC2, so how will this crop work? or did you grab the textures for this by mistake and they won't really be implemented?

2. Argentia, Coppon, Plumbilia, Tine - these are redundant now, so I'm somewhat confused that you added the textures for them.

3. GT 5.09 crops - many of them involve materials that don't exist in IC2 (e.g. zinc, nickel, thorium), but what about the few that do involve materials provided by IC2 or vanilla Minecraft (e.g. glowstone, nether quartz, uranium, nether star, iridium)? is there any chance you'd be willing to add some of those?

BTW, apparently withereed was a bad example for a "resource crop" (I play in peaceful, so I had forgotten about wither skeletons sometimes dropping coal, but I guess that's where the crop gets its name from)

It works without IC2, and also vanilla, IC2 is the trouble maker. About the RAM, I already gave 2 gigs to the server but the problem was still happening.

Are you sure you really gave the server 2 gigabytes? You might have intended to, but the log you included indicates it had quite a bit less than that:

Memory: 103268688 bytes (98 MB) / 259522560 bytes (247 MB) up to 259522560 bytes (247 MB)

JVM Flags: 0 total;

Okay, here's another oddity (which might be deliberate, not sure): often (though not always) when I use a weeding trowel to remove a weed from a crossbreeding spot, it goes back to being crossed crop sticks, instead of requiring me to place the extra crop sticks again (as it did back in 1.7.10). In the builds that still had the 3d-effect crop sticks, I could see ahead of time that the weed hadn't displaced the crossbreeding sticks.

Does disabling crops increase the chances of mutations while crossbreeding, or will they simply not spawn?

It just removes them from the choices for crossbreeding, and if I understand the random weighting correctly, that will also slightly reduce the chance of getting a mutation. I can see how one might think "oh, I'll plant some instances of the parent crop, then disable it so I only get mutations from the crossbreeding spots", but I tried that in a test world, and the parent crops weren't just invisible, the crop sticks went empty (I could tell because they were still empty after I re-enabled the parent crop).

Edit: on the other hand, until https://bt.industrial-craft.net/view.php?id=2593 is fixed, I'm not sure how much it would help to be able to tweak the chances of mutations anyway.

Something else I noticed: rose and reed do not have seeds listed in JEI, even though I have not disabled them via config.

Possible bug: in IC2 build 206, I am not able to place crop sticks on farmland I'm standing on. In build 180, this was possible.

Side note: the 3-dimensional crop sticks done with blockstate/model json files seem to have been removed, which I don't mind, since I use high-resolution texture packs, and it looks better without them.

There was at one point a small addon that just added some crops that provided items that would normally be dropped by mobs (both passive and hostile), until those crops were migrated into GregTech. However, both GT5u and GT6 are pretty much only available for MC 1.7.10, and GTCE has detached from IC2, so I'm fairly sure it doesn't include those crops. It would be nice to have them available for newer versions of Minecraft, whether as part of IC2 or as an addon.

Okay, question:

Are the new bonuses limited to vanilla and traverse biomes, or would BoP or even Biome Bundle biomes potentially benefit?

Old bug:

Negative modifiers to the nutrient bonus based on biome dictionary entries aren't applied, because the code only looks for the maximum modifier. There are also some biomeDictionary-based modifiers for humidity now that don't seem to actually be used.

I have a question about oil drilling: is it supposed to start at the same rate in all chunks of each 6x6 chunk "oil source" area? https://ftb.gamepedia.com/Oil_Drilling_Rig#Usage makes it seem like that's the intended behavior, but with an oil drilling rig centered at x=69 z=2, I got light oil at 19 L/cycle, then I rebuilt it at x=55 z=2, I got light oil at 13 L/cycle. However, I don't know whether I'm misinterpreting the wiki, the wiki is out of date, or if that's a bug.

Debug screen shows it as "ic2:resource" and "type: reinforced_stone", but I got it to work by passing "ic2:resource 11" (without quotes) to the /fill command (despite the wiki saying that only Bedrock Edition accepts numeric tileData for the command).

That's one of the GregTech 4 recipes for it. I just looked at your modlist again, and you're using TechReborn, which iirc was originally based on GT4, and might not have been completely separated from IC2 in its 1.7.10 version. That recipe isn't listed on the TechReborn wiki, though, since said wiki is updated for the 1.12.2 version of the mod.

Nei, voxelget or tmi would here accurate.

TMI has no recipe lookup (it's only for cheating in items). I hadn't actually heard of voxelget before, but I looked it up, and it has no mention of recipe lookup there either. Technically there is also CraftGuide, but iirc there is less support for processing recipes involving mod-added machines when using that mod (since few mod authors added support for it).

In 1.7.10 it would be NEI (Not Enough Items) rather than JEI, but that mod is missing from the list, even though CodeChickenCore is there. Since it also does not seem to include CraftTweaker or MineTweaker, I am guessing you assembled those mods yourself rather than downloading a pre-assembled modpack, so I would suggest adding NEI so you can look up recipes in-game.

I didn't catch this before (since I didn't have much interest in actually using the mod), but that should be (IReactorComponent)acceptor.stack.getItem() instead of (IReactorComponent)stack.getItem(), otherwise you're altering the heat on the rod itself (which has no effect). I think you'll also want to use acceptor.x and acceptor.y in the call to alterHeat, otherwise overheating an adjacent component may cause the rod to break instead of the overheated component.

Also, it seems like you left this in the code for both Coaxium rods and Cesium rods (I hope you don't mind that I peeked with jd-gui). For all I know, maybe you want coaxium rods to heat adjacent components but not directly heat the reactor, but otherwise, you might want to strip out that whole section from the Coaxium rod class.

Since DreamMasterXXL hasn't responded yet, I will try:

I've looked at source code for GT5u and this addon, and the large chemical reactor is indirectly supported already - if you add a recipe for the single-block chemical reactor, GT5u will automatically add an LCR recipe as well, with any fluids used directly instead of in cells. However, this doesn't allow for recipes requiring more than 2 non-fluid inputs or more than 3 total inputs, which are supported by the LCR (which if I'm reading the tooltip correctly, can theoretically have up to 14 total input and output hatches/buses, though I imagine more than 6 inputs or outputs could cause problems with displaying the recipe in NEI)

Why do you want both Advanced Machines and Tech Reborn? I thought TR had more machines, and would make AM mostly redundant. Admittedly, it's probably buggy since iirc the devs didn't spend long on 1.7.10 before updating TR to newer MC versions.

The mods are already listed in the log. It looks like Advanced Machines is erroring, but when I tried it with minimal other mods, it didn't crash for me, meaning you probably have an inter-mod conflict causing the ambiguous recipe, which will be a pain to track down. :(