Posts by Snyke

I have the same issue on 1.4 with BC 3.2.0, IC 1.108.71 and forge 355.

But I guess from the start post that this version is not supported.

Updating forge should fix that ;);

Yeah just the recipes, engines work fine.
    Fast Engine requires 25 EU/t defaultly so yeah seems about right.

What goes in the upgrade slot in the top right of the fast electric engine? I cant put in the forestry upgrades nor do overclockers go in there.

Only transformer upgrades.

Check each of your mods for an ic2 folder inside the zip (except ic2 ofcourse) and delete it, this is caused by an outdated IC2 api.

Yeah, somethings broke after original release for ic2 v1.95 - don't know exactly what but it caused the recipe to break :(.
    So yeah it won't work, and if you don't mind I'm not gonna backfix it, still I think you should play FTB the way you're supposed to, without extra mods.

Try looking in the thread first, same problem as some posts above here - update Forge

I've tried:

minecraftforge-universal-4.2.5.303

minecraftforge-universal-4.2.5.305

minecraftforge-universal-4.2.5.317
    minecraftforge-universal-4.3.5.318

And every time the same crash

Okay run look inside the zips/jars from your mods and delete all the ic2 folders you find except the one in industrialcraft.jar

Try looking in the thread first, same problem as some posts above here - update Forge

Get a newer version of minecraft forge :)

Updated to v1.5! Enjoy :)

Ok, Bronze != Bronze Ignot.

the bronze needs to be crafted from dust. The forestry recipe for bronze doesnt work here. Perhaps you'll include this ?

Added :)

FYI .. Got this spamming the console when a player has some engines running:

14.10 06:54:57 [Server] INFO [STDOUT] [IC2] WARNING: snyke7.Transformers.TileICEngine@78d9284e didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.

not sure whats causing it.

Was caused by wires connecting to the engine output face. Should be fixed, and if it still occurs the engine should spam it's info to the console, so tell me what it says :).

Oh and please take a look at this ^

SchemingWeasels: I've honestly got no idea what's wrong. Try starting with just BC, IC2 & Transformres, testing it and adding mods until you get this error. I'm not able to reproduce your problem.

So I've been cleaning up the code for a bit, had some new ideas so decided to ask for some creative input.

I want to add a new type of machine to the mod, a multiblock machine which will take a fuel, and use it to melt stone into lava.
    This allows easier conversion from for example fuel to EU.
    I've got 2 ideas to generate heat the stone either:
    - the machine just sets the gas coming from the liquid on fire (like gasoline)
    - the machine compresses the fuel until it lights itself on fire (like diesel)
    Have not decided about the exact size, thinking 4x5x5 or 5x5x5, made of new heat resistant blocks (some of em transparent?)
    There'll be a heat plate in the middle to separte the heated gas from the stone/lava part i think...

Give me some ideas, do you like this? Should this be a separate mod?

FYI .. Got this spamming the console when a player has some engines running:

14.10 06:54:57 [Server] INFO [STDOUT] [IC2] WARNING: snyke7.Transformers.TileICEngine@78d9284e didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.

not sure whats causing it.

I'll look into it.

Hey Snyke Can i get permission to use this mod in my mod pack for my server?

~~Anders

Yes you can, go ahead.

I've honestly got no idea what's wrong. Try starting with just BC, IC2 & Transformers, testing it, and adding mods until you get this error, I can't reproduce this.

I have no clue as to what's the cause. TileAdvMachine.g() is updateEntity(), TileAdvMachine.canWork is:

public boolean canWork() {
    if(slots[0] == null) return false;
    ItemStack result = getResultFor(slots[0]); getResultFor gives the result for extraction in this case
    if(result == null) return false;
    int remaining = 0;
    for(int i = 2; i < slots.length; i++) { slots are the itemstacks in the slots, 0 being raw items, 1 is the battery slot, 2,3,4 are the result slots
    if(slots == null) return true;
    else
    if(slots.isItemEqual(result)) {
    if(slots[i].stackSize + result.stackSize <= slots[i].getItem().getItemStackLimit()) <-- line 227 I've checked slots[i][i][i] for not being null, result for not being null, so that leaves slots.getItem() being null which makes no sense? Or did CMR mess up?
    return true;
    else
    remaining += Math.max(0, slots[i].getItem().getItemStackLimit() - slots[i].stackSize);
    }
    }
    return remaining >= result.stackSize;
    }

Sorry for the layout, tabs turned into spaces for some reason [/i][/i][/i][/i][/i][/i]

Ok, Bronze != Bronze Ignot.

the bronze needs to be crafted from dust. The forestry recipe for bronze doesnt work here. Perhaps you'll include this ?

Will do.

Since I have not made that version of Transformers nor have the source of it I will not port that version to bukkit. You will have to ask Mo3pp3l, I have no problems with him porting that.

First of all, thank you very much for this wonderful mod. We've been using 1.4a on SMP and it has been working beautifully.

My question: If I have an electric engine and am not using all the MJ that it can produce, will it still consume EU at its maximum rate? Or will it consume just enough EU to make the MJ that is actually being consumed?

Nope, electric engines will always consume EU at its maximum rate.
    Unfortunately the BC energy flow doesn't allow for this, as there's no way for me to detect how much energy is being used effectively in the power pipes.