Posts by Snyke

Will get fixed in next version.

You forgot output stacksize :)

Uh, no. You place them beside the engine, because how are you going to power them inside an engine that doesn't accept power?

Ah okay. Only problem I have is with the changing efficiency. Main goal from this addon is to make sure the conversion is as efficient as possible.
    I could make it that it needs like a kickstart to get things going, and then once it's heated it'll convert as it's supposed to and will not cool down - unless it runs out of fuel.

Came up with another idea though, how about some kind of super furnace that takes the fuel, and uses it to convert stone into lava, which you can burn in geothermals.

Forge isn't 4096 blockID patched, so you messed up the install order. Get a clean minecraft.jar and install the fix after the rest, and it should work.

You seem to have some old version off both the powerloss fix and transformers. Redownloading should fix all your issues.
    Conflicts are caused when mods forget to nullify old items before replacing them.
    CONFILCT @ -204 is caused by NEI replacing mob spawners with his own mobspawner blocks.
    The other two are caused by mods with block IDs of (256 - 58) = 198 and (256 - 126) = 130.

It was a joke, dude. It was, specifically, a joke at the expense of people who bitch about EE being godmode.

Lol, give me some eggs, a philosopher stone, 6 deployers, 6 filters, 6 regulators, 2 condensers, a timer and some redstone tubes, and I'm generating 1 diamond every 6 seconds.
    Mooshroom farms and other exploits make it OP as ****.

The error usually appears within a minute of supplying power to the quarry. I am using combustion power with teleport pipes to supply power to the quarry. If I manage to get he quarry working and i move away it works fine and items appear at my base again using a teleport pipe.

Sorry but how do i delete the machine block that is causing the problem. What program should I be using. Could I remove and re-add the mod? Sorry I am new to playing minecraft with mods.

You can actually play? It get's weirder and weirder.
    If you can play try replacing the advanced machine block.
    Or are you saying that you don't know where / which one it is?

I decided I do wanna add some kind of fuel burning machine.
    Don't know how exactly yet, because I wanna keep the conversion rate to what it belongs to be, so it'll probably need to be cooled.
    And about the adjustable engine - probably not in vanilla buildcraft - try teleport pipes :whistling: .

That's an odd one.. when did you get this?
    Try deleting the advanced machine block that's causing with a 3rd party program - somehow the tileentity got deleted.

Yes, and then i lose 3 EU/t (of 1840 EU/t) in my Glassfibrecabling AAAAAND it looks ugly.

Anyone decompiled and understood that Explosioncode?

Yeah, and it's hard. This is what I've got so far:

Your setup has 42 uranium cells.
    Nuclear reactors explode with a force of 10 + cells*3 - reactorplating*1 (found this in the source)
    So yours would explode with a force of 10 + 42*3 = 136.
    However this is limited by the config, the default max explosion force = 45.
    Maximum distance of explosion = force/4 = 11,25 - this is with nothing in the way.
    The way IC2 explosions work is that they shoot rays with a certain length in all directions.
    Those rays end 1 block apart.
    As our rays have a distance of 34, the angle between rays is arctan(1/distance)
    So that angle = 0,0294 radians = 1,68 degrees
    Meaning the number of rays in half a circle = PI / angle = PI / 0,0294 = 106,84 - this is rounded down to 106.
    The way explosions shoots rays is that they increase the horizontal angle bit by bit, and for every step they shoot rays from bottom to top by increasing vertical angles.
    The absorption of a block the explosions calculate with is 0,5 + (resistance*3/5 + 4) * 0,3. However i'm not sure about the *3.
    So for reinforced stone that's 0,5 + (150*3/5 + 4) * 0,3 = 0,5 + 34*0,3 = 28,7.

Water's resistance is nerfed, absorption of water = 0,5 + (30*3/5 + 4) * 0,3 = 7,1
    Reactor chamber resistance is 10, absorption = 0,5 + (10*3/5 + 4) * 0,3 = 3,5
    Nuclear reactor resistance is 15, absorption = 0,5 + (15*3/5 + 4) * 0,3 = 4,4
    As long as the power is greater than the absorption, the block gets added to the list of blocks that will be removed - but it will stay as long as not all rays have been shot.
    The power of each ray diminishes with the absorption of a block.
    Now the problem is, the explosion starts at the exact coords of the nuclear reactor, which is a corner of the block.
    Another problem is, if the absorption exceeds 10, another ray is shot in a random direction, with a force of absorption * 0,4.