[Addon 1.115]Transformers BETA-1 v2.0 - Convert IC2 & BC3 energy back & forth!

• @_@ I've been around mods long enough to dive deep into their zips to modify sprites. :P

Do you think I was just talking to you. And your shock, I am not the most social being...
    (insert border-line autistic reference here)

Quote from Shadowrockus

I deny that biospheres are redundant. They are amazing. It keeps a crisp environment, and besides, you can't beat them. So don't resent them.

I made textures for the transformers mod.

• Do you think I was just talking to you. And your shock, I am not the most social being...
    (insert border-line autistic reference here)

I'm not the most social being either. And I'm not that great at discerning social cues... :whistling: Anyhow, I installed your textures and they really fit the mod really well. Perhaps the author will consider using them as the default textures?

• Quote from ultimate_omega

I'm not the most social being either. And I'm not that great at discerning social cues... :whistling: Anyhow, I installed your textures and they really fit the mod really well. Perhaps the author will consider using them as the default textures?

... like he did with my pneumatic generator textures? I don't have a large doubt he won't.

Quote from Shadowrockus

I deny that biospheres are redundant. They are amazing. It keeps a crisp environment, and besides, you can't beat them. So don't resent them.

• Heya, with the placement of a LVPnuGen greated an OnTick client CTD.

Not quite sure whats happening here...... I just realised that EMD might not be 4k block ready......

• I suggest some fuel - burning engine,because there's nothing to do with tons of fuel.Maybe 500 ticks for 8x power compared to combustion engine? Could be totaly awesome

Then what would be the point of Combustion engines? Using simply 1 with adequate water piping along with a single LV Pneumatic Generator can power a Tier 1 setup for DAYS easily on Fuel...

Course the amount of ecological harm you cause is quit traumatic, but thankfully Minecraft doesn't suffer from the Greenhouse effect, so no need to fret about that just yet...

But, using Bituminous peat in Peat engines also output a good deal of EU as well when converted if you want to be eco-friendly... However, Bio-gas engines (when on conversion) just seem like a straight up exploit of this add-on..

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Just a suggestion...

Could you maybe make it so the Fast Electric Engine also uses Regular Electric Engines in the recipe & the adjustable electric engine also uses Fast/Regular? It'd be nice to get of the redundant ones lying around in the inventory. Since they all use combustion engines anyway the new recipe wouldn't affect the resources required. :P

Also, thanks for an amazing addon. :thumbup:

• Then what would be the point of Combustion engines? Using simply 1 with adequate water piping along with a single LV Pneumatic Generator can power a Tier 1 setup for DAYS easily on Fuel...

Course the amount of ecological harm you cause is quit traumatic, but thankfully Minecraft doesn't suffer from the Greenhouse effect, so no need to fret about that just yet...

But, using Bituminous peat in Peat engines also output a good deal of EU as well when converted if you want to be eco-friendly... However, Bio-gas engines (when on conversion) just seem like a straight up exploit of this add-on..

Combustion engine's main atribute is it's huge working time,5000 ticks per bucket if I am right
    each engine is worth 11 iron and 1 redstone
    Refining an oil deposit completely will give such amount of fuel,you'll hardly be able to burn.and there're alot of deposits.I dunno what to do with all that fuel,why not to quickly burn it? IC2 uranium cell is 10000 ticks,like 2 buckets of fuel.friggin 2 buckets have same working time as uranium.and I have tons of fuel,I either need 100 combustions,which is absolutely crasy or a way to quickly burn it for high value.
    I'd really love to add "fuel" fuel value (sorry :D ) for IC2 generator.or a recepie,like 1 fuel bucket -> 8 tin cans with coalfuel,or maybe even a block,like forestry bottler. Shame,I dunno how to do so.
    Adding new,higher tech - faster burning fuel engine? I'd love that.And stuff like basic combustion engine wouldn't be discarded with this engine,as is works for a really limited time,compared to combustion.
    As for the recepie it shouldn't be like all lapotrons and such,maybe 4 combustion engines,adv circuit,adv machine block,2 Iron gears and IC pump? recepie is up to author,mine is merely an idea >_>

and about adj. engine..it's max output is..khm..is it even usable? It's a bit too much power xD not complaining though

• I decided I do wanna add some kind of fuel burning machine.
    Don't know how exactly yet, because I wanna keep the conversion rate to what it belongs to be, so it'll probably need to be cooled.
    And about the adjustable engine - probably not in vanilla buildcraft - try teleport pipes :whistling: .

• Hey Snyke,
    Firstly, thanks for having made this addon, along with your other addons such as AdvMachines.
    Getting to the point: I'm runnning a server with (a bunch of mods including IC2, RP2, etc.) BC 2.2.14 and AdditionalPipes (TPPipes). When I run, run vanilla Bc, everythign works fine. When I run BC + Transformers, everything still works.However, when I install the energy loss fix (in the BC Transport zip, right?) it crashes, with the following message:

Also, the power pipes don't appear in NEI, or if they do, their tooltip does not and neither does their texture.
    Finally, at my runtime log, it mentions two conflicts (three on my server) as follows:
    CONFLICT @ -58
    CONFLICT @ -204 (server only)
    CONFLICT @ -126

Yet the server runs fine, except for when I try to craft any power pipes. Same goes for client. I've sorted block id's...
    I'd appeciate if you could tell me the cause of these errors. Thanks!

• You seem to have some old version off both the powerloss fix and transformers. Redownloading should fix all your issues.
    Conflicts are caused when mods forget to nullify old items before replacing them.
    CONFILCT @ -204 is caused by NEI replacing mob spawners with his own mobspawner blocks.
    The other two are caused by mods with block IDs of (256 - 58) = 198 and (256 - 126) = 130.

I decided I do wanna add some kind of fuel burning machine.
    Don't know how exactly yet, because I wanna keep the conversion rate to what it belongs to be, so it'll probably need to be cooled.

*thinks* ok... I can understand how 'waiting' on engines to 'pump' energy can be inconvenient...

How about an all-purpose Combined Cycle Generator? Accepts Lava, Oil, Fuel, and maybe even Forestry fuel sources (if you wouldn't mind writing a few of those in as well), but requires Water for Steam production as it is consuming fuel for energy production... This way, the 'fuel' is consumed quickly on site, and the 'heat' that results from said fuel creates EU just like a standard generator does but with a much greater output...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I need some ideas here. I don't want a simple block where you pump in fuel and get EU.
    I want to implement some kind of advanced system, for example: the fuel generator heats up the blocks around it, and then they generate electricity - or something like that.
    I am also gonna try make the blocks look special (like engines/ most thaumcraft blocks).

• I need some ideas here. I don't want a simple block where you pump in fuel and get EU.
    I want to implement some kind of advanced system, for example: the fuel generator heats up the blocks around it, and then they generate electricity - or something like that.
    I am also gonna try make the blocks look special (like engines/ most thaumcraft blocks).

Let me do this...
    "Your engines can burn fuel because they produce MJ, but to produce EU, a much more complex process is needed. Your engine that makes that tasty energy units needs to heat up, and the hotter, the more efficient burning. However, it can explode with this heat reaching higher than bedrock's melting point (concentrated to the engine of course.) You need to add our patent cooling system, which cools it, but stunts the engine's efficiency. You can mix the two with an advanced electronic circuit and some diamond gears to form our regulator, capable of using a GUI (what is that, anyway) to control your heat. You want the recipes? Oh here you go: (forcefields [the little squares] are nothing)"

To make the heater, make a coil first (refined iron is a great base to build on)

:Force Field: :Copper Ingot: :Force Field:

:Copper Ingot: :Refined Iron: :Copper Ingot:

:Force Field: :Copper Ingot: :Force Field:

Then place your coil (matter is what it is) to form your heater (uranium makes heat upon exposure to power)

:Advanced Machine: :Uranium: :Advanced Machine:

:Intergrated Plating: :Matter: :Intergrated Plating:

:Copper Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Copper Ingot:

Your cooler is this (also uses patent reactor parts)

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coolant Cell: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

:Coolant Cell: :Matter: :Coolant Cell:

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Glass Fibre: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

The regulator ( :Mobile Charger: is diamond gear) (coolant cell is cooler) (uranium is heater)

:Mobile Charger: :Energy Crystal: :Mobile Charger:

:Coolant Cell: :Advanced Circuit: :Uranium:

:Advanced Machine: :Glass Fibre: :Advanced Machine:

The engine itself (the plating is 'splosion resistant) (cell is a tank)

:Force Field: :Glass Fibre: :Force Field:

:Intergrated Plating: :Geothermal Generator: :Intergrated Plating:

:Force Field: :Empty Cell: :Force Field:

You place the modules to manipulate the engine itself, which burns any combustible fluid. Oh, and the engine doesn't take power, it gives it. This makes you have to use the modules to start combustion. (or can you use lava, fire, ice, and water?[I don't see them being ultra-heaters or coolers)

Hope you like the idea...

Quote from Shadowrockus

• Really? Five days without a single post? That's sad.

Quote from Shadowrockus