Posts by Shalashalska

Iridium Reinforced Stone suggestion. Basically everything-proof stone. That takes a REALLY LONG TIME to mine. And can be pushed by pistons so you can have a reservoir of it to have a chamber self-rebuild.

Personal doors= good idea.
    Obsidiandiamond whatever blocks= bad idea. We already have reinforced stone. And there was a suggestion for Iridium reinforced stone, which was basically the same thing without the wrenching part. And having it be only removable by the person who would place it would require an EXTREMELY large personalblocks.ssav file. NTM the easy-griefing ability it would grant. Surrounding a chest in it would make it impossible for the chests to be used. And you could abuse it so easily because there are so few uses for diamonds other than energy/lapotron crystals. And if you do any large amounts of mining, you end up with several stacks of diamonds. Which means you have no more need for diamond. Which means you just run around placing this stuff randomly in the world and pissing people off. Personal chests at least take a bit to make. And take some time to make.

How about make canned food usage automatic? Just a simple OnTick event that checks to see if the entity.player's food bar is below 90%, and if so consume 1 canned food and attempt to place an empty can in inventory.

ALSO, make canned food stack to 256 if this can be done safely without causing problems elsewhere.

That would make it worth it.

That would work, but the 256 stack would be kinda buggy. And I think it might be limited to 255. Plus the fact that it would probably require a baseclass modification (Or at least a new forge class)

Or virtually every machine... would make teching up past tier 1 machines more worth it...

Now that I think about it, there should be the basic machines for tiers 1 and 2. But tiers 3 and 4 would be reserved for the future tech machines. Like the AoE Teleporter and the Ion Cannon. Because if you had a tier 3 furnace, it would just be insane.

Eh. Buh. Weh.

There's a mod on this FORUMS that adds that very function. Forester's Axe from MeC. Use it's code in the chainsaw.

i have some comments
    1. we are not rowing boats, ore as in iron ore is spelled like so (not oar as in a boat oar (the big stick with a funny end you use to push water currents propelling yourself in a forward motion))
    2. the request for a better macerator that yields more ore has been denied
    3. a faster more reasonable machine like the rotary macerator is a good idea
    4. the maceator is a great machine that already increases your mining efficiency by 100% making it overpowered makes it boring and less fun/challenging

all in the end i support this and think it can be coded much like the induction furnace so fairly easy to implement (i think (im not a coder))

It should be easy. CopyPasta the induction furnace code and replace the outputs and inputs with Macerator stuff. Then make a nice new gui for it (or just edit the Induction Furnace one) and remove 1 of the input slots. Not too terribly difficult.

Currently, most people will find that their quantumsuit bodyarmor always runs out of energy the slowest. I think that, since many people will not make the armor because they prefer having their BatPack, it would serve the purpose of a batpack as well, BUT, it could recharge Mining Lasers and Nano Sabers. So people would find an actual use for these things. So you would effectively have a 1kk EU batpack.

And the Quantum Helmet Solar upgrade! Surrounding a QuantumHelmet in 8 solar panels creates a Solar Quantum Helmet! This amazing piece of equipment generates a whopping 32 eu/s to recharge everything in your inventory! Just by being attached to the quantum helmet, the solar panels instantly become 8x as efficient! This will even recharge your Batpack/QuantumSuitBodyArmor so that you can run all those tools for a REALLY long time! As long as your head is in sunlight.

Redundant much? Use furnaces. And crafting. Perhaps a compressed stone block, which has higher explosive resistance (Not as much as reinf. stone, although it would be used to craft reinf. stone and/or the iridium stone mentioned in another thread)

When 1.8 came out, food became stackable, rendering canned food redundant. My suggestion is to make Canned food NOT restore ANY hunger, yet restore 1 heart of HP. Because it's preprocessed food, so Steve's body will instantly use it to repair any injuries.

Edt: To balance for the fact that normal food will take 3 max to get a full heal, it should heal 2 HP.

is your solar panel array a flat one? if so its like drash said, you have a huge shunt fault and its the energy net is calculating all paths (think OSPF routing protocol) a way to help this is paint each other line in repeating colors then paint the line going to storage a different color EXCEPT where the branches meet into it. this will help. as for your world run it via script to go offline mode and give it more memory.

Code
    java -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -cp "%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\*" -Djava.library.path="%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\natives" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft

paste the above in a word pad and save it as somthing like start minecraft.bat

if you have the ram increase the 1024's

It's not a flat array. It's 4 19 block long Glass Fiber wires, each coated on 3 sides with solar panels. It's easier than solar flowers and more efficient if you have the resources. And a tower. And it still crashes with 2 gigs of ram allocated. The only 2x wide part is a transport cable to transfer energy up and down the tower. Which I have rethought and will have painted both, 1 cable for generators and 1 for machines.

A matter-antimatter reactor is a T4 machine, and should cost much, much more than a Mark V nuclear reactor with tricked-out cooling setups. Think more colossal undertaking requiring stripping mining several million cubic meters worth of raw materials.

Could possibly use some of the items I suggested in my Basic T4 thread. As in Super-Advanced machine blocks. And Antimatter Plating crafted like:
    III
    IRI
    III
    Where I=iridium Plate, and R=Advanced reactor plating stuffs (The smart coolant one)

And then the reactor would be
    AMA
    INI
    ACA
    Where A=Antimatter Plating, M=super-advance machine, N=nuke reactor, I=Iridium Crystal,and C=super-advance circuit. Also, it would run on antimatter, which is created with an Antimass Fabricator, crafted like so
    UAU
    MIM
    UAU
    Where U=UUM, I= Iridium Crystal, A=Super-Advance Circuit, and M=super-advance machine. Antimass fabricators would be like the Mass fabricator, except using 10kk EU per use, and creating Antimatter, and using UUM instead of Scrap. And the Antimatter generator (Due to it being friggin expensive and using 10kk eu for the cost of 1 fuel) would produce a whopping 30kk eu at 2048 EU/t. That's a net gain of 20kk EU. Assuming you used no scrap or UUM. Also, UUM would provide a longer boost for the Antimass generator than scrap would in a Mass fabricator. Antimatter (Due to it being created in an AntiMass fabricator, it thus has negative mass) would be used for lotsa cool stuff related to flying. Including possible air vehicles/hovercarts. And a freelow-energy Electric Jetpack.

I am not sure, but I think the memoryhogger issue still exists. Minecraft now crashes on loading my world, possibly because of the ~300 solar panels I made. It runs out of memory before I can do anything. It also lags terribly whenever I try to place glass fiber cable that will connect to at least 2 other glass fiber cables.(not sure about other cable types) The fact that those cables are linked to my solar grid may have something to do with it. (They are linked through MFSU's)

Edit: Error log when it nearly crashed but managed to recover:

(I had to use /code tags because otherwise it turned a lot of the stuff into smileys)

I think the way it should work is you place one next to a tree and it automatically instataps the tree for 1EU/sec. Then you could combine it with chests and BC pipes to create an automatic sticky resin farm. Including automatic smelting and such.