Posts by TampaPowers

You know i always come up with interesting ideas. The one i had on recent playing with the reactor planner is kind of a big one tho.

What, if you could link a Pneumatic Tube from Redpower 2 with a link card and display the amount of items(or in case of IC² most likely Ice) going through a pipe.
    If that don't work, the same idea could also work on Buildcraft.

I know i know, Eloraam isn't much of a fan of people using her stuff, talk to her maybe you both can come up with something. It would definitely be cool to at one point being able to precisely measure the various Minecraft related Tech Mods and generate precise statistics and controls for very complex machines.

Sorry that I'm dumping my imagination on you, but it seems to inspire, even just a little bit.

Just for the sake of it i tried it. The only thing it needs is EMC and Uranium Cells.

It is a bit unstable and it still scares the hell out of me running it, but it works. Also the red alloy wire wont turn on from the EU detector cable, need to fix that aswell.

Its a 2050EU/t CASUC cooled with EE(for the lack of making a cooling system for something that potentially blow me up)

I have dealt with Spam on multiple Forums before, i got an idea, which might work here aswell.

First thing: A random question about minecraft to be answered, that also ensures, that no 6 year olds happen to enter here without their parents knowning.
    Second thing: Captacha, why? Well it cant hurt.
    Third thing: Math, but not some generated stuff, just another random question, meaning text based math aka "Add three apples to a bowl with four apples, how much apples are there?" kinda like
    Fourth thing: Get the Mods together and ask who has time to check for new spam at which time and try to cover most of the time, some people live in europe, some in america and some in china, all different timezones.
    Fifth thing: This a lil advanced and i dont know how to exactly to do that with this forum software, but there is a way to ban certain domains aka if theres an acocunt created by a user from the peer address spambot.spambotcentral.com then banning that domain helps alot. Theres lists on the web of peer addresses that are spammers.
    Sixth thing: Stay calm, spam is like cockroaches, will survive us most definitely and we just have to arrange a way to live with it, a bit of spam gets through, but the above helped on the forums i used to Moderate on.

One last thing: There is worse things in life than Spam and they happen to be more important to take care of :)

I use 7 blocks per second in a 2050EU/t layout. When i place the Ice Blocks in the corners, the reactor hovers around 500 Degrees:

But when i place all in one row at the top left of the reactor, the heat level goes up to 3000 Degrees. Thats what i dont understand, why is that different, the amount of cooling is the same, the Output is the same.

Don't you dare talk bad about Ice.
    Yes, it does take some energy and resources to make enough Ice. If done right it is the safest way to cool a reactor.
    Look, a reactor, that outputs 2048 EU only requires about 200 EU for all its cooling, so over 1800 EU of actual usable energy, way enough for all your machines. I don't know how you came up with your figures, but from my experience they seem quite off.

Most of the energy is stored in the MSFU's, the Recyclers and the MF only get 11000EU. I did run a bit too crazy on the overclockers, turns out 24 are slower than 12 and consume a tenth of the energy ...
    All running more than smooth now, great for testing.

One other interesting thing, depending on where you put your Ice inside the Reactor it will run different temps, all on the bottom left, will keep it below 500. If you put them only in the Corners you get roughly 1700, along the Sides you get about 800. And the lower the temp, the more of a heartbeat you get, meaning temp spikes every second. Quite interesting to watch, even tho its now failsafe i cant keep my eyes off it :)