Posts by quantumleaf7895

Is it just me, or is the toolbox sprites backwords? The 'open' sprite is used when there are tools inside, and the 'closed' sprite is used when the toolbox is empty. This has been kind of bugging me for a while, am I missing something?

Honestly, IMHO anything that puts near me near a swamp is a good seed. I don't have the seeds on hand, but some memorable spawns:

-Ravine in a swamp -- easy access to iron and deep mining + plenty of rubber trees and wood

-Huge abandoned mineshaft underneath a swamp -- cave spiders are a pain, but easy access to minerals are awesome. I found a chest full of redstone right after breaking through the ceiling -- that was an awesome find.

Your electric jetpack is cool, but it can only go up to y=80, not even a third of the maximum map height. The 'normal' jetpack is also cool, but refueling it is a hassle and it's very imprecise -- you can travel up at a ludicrous speed or fall at a slow speed, nothing in between.

Hence I suggest: The Iridium Jetpack! It combines the great features of the original jetpacks into one very, very expensive and very, very power hungry item.

Potential crafting recipe:

:Iridium: :Advanced Machine: :Iridium:
    :Iridium: :MFS-Unit: :Iridium:
    :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil:

Where :Tesla Coil: is a glowstone block

Keeps them safe from weeds while crossbreeding -- weeds can be formed from cross-breeding cropsticks, and without weed-ex they will eventually take over the nearby crops. In addition, plants with an extreme growth stat will randomly replace nearby crops with weeds (though they are immune to weeds themselves).

Version: 1.95b

See the title. put 8 tools + toolbox in hotbar, close + open toolbox, minecraft crashes to saving chunks screen. I had thought this had been fixed?

(And if it helps, there was a floating drill near where I was standing (Probably close enough to pick up) when I opened the toolbox and all my non-hotbar inventory was full. I'm running OSX 10.6.8 with IC2, Forestry, and a handful of redpower and buildcraft 3.1.5 modules)

Adding to Alblaka's comment - When you take packet size into account, Gold has half the energy loss of copper, HV Iron has half the energy loss of Gold, and EV Iron has half the energy loss of HV Iron. Just remember to fully insulate your cables (2x for gold, 3x for iron) -- this drastically reduces energy loss.

Eloraam refuses to release an API until the full release of RedPower

I've always been vaguely bothered by how she she uses the term "prerelease." I can understand if she has a certain goal for redpower 2, but I feel like that term implies something restricted to a small set (like IC's closed betas).

(I suppose it could be argued that stuff like "Prerelease 5" is less technical and easier to understand that stuff like "Version 1.3.5.etc," but it still bothers me.)

A single mining laser can hold enough charge for 40 shots, so power isn't that much of an issue (dynamite is limited to 40 a stack), and a lappack can hold enough juice for an additional 120 (if you can spare a moment to sacrifice your chest armor). I feel that using a high-quality mob trap would make finding gunpowder for tnt as trivial as finding energy for the mining laser as well; but since the explosive range of the dynamite is limited to 1 block when attacking dirt, while the mining laser can create a 3-4 block wide explosion in dirt, I feel that the laser is definately superior. Plus, if your opponent has erected an explosion-resistant wall (out of CF, say), you can change to longrange mod and blast it away. But this is all theorycrafting; I'm interested to know what would happen 'in the field', so to speak.

More metaphorically spoken, MCForge and MLMP are tools. Minecraft does only have one hand to hold one of the tools at once, though. (In this regard, you can consider ModLoader a gauntlet you need to wear to be able to use either tool)

I'm sorry about how off-topic this is, but I want to get my metaphor straight:
    If MLMP and MCForge are tools that are held in a metaphorical hand, and Risu's modloader is a gauntlet that is needed to hold the tools, then I'm pretty sure that Minecraft is a body, the .minecraft folder is the arm, minecraft.jar is a hand, the saves folder is a house under construction, Industrialcraft, buildcraft, etc. are awesome materials to build the house that require special tools to use, BTW is some sort of cybernetic augment for the hand that precludes the use of other tools, Equivalent Exchange is a set of materials so badass that it is critized for it, Redpower is a set of materials made by a company rumored to be stealing. . . I've forgotten where I was going with this.

Thank god for the history tab :P

Seriously, EPIC april fools. I well and truly lol'd. (made for quite the sight. . .)

Edit: apparently I posted this minutes before the pseudo-lockdown ended. Weird.

Edit the second: aaaaaaaaaand now its back up again. ???

So what, now to maximize my EU yield I have to mix gunpowder with the coalfuel? That's going to make my automatic Coal Fuel plant a heck of a lot more complicated. To the lab!

Edit: My gut instinct about the two flavors of 'optimum' superfuel is that: