Posts by quantumleaf7895

This time . . .

There's no rubber.

Seriously though, I found this gem while working on a secret project. (Technically, this has nothing to do with IC2, but it was the logical followup to my previous topic ,Unearthing the Lost Rubber Tree of Machu Minechu, I suggest you check it out.)

I began to excavate it, and discovered its odd trunk. . .

It appears to have spawned at stone level, too. Weird.

A final shot of this monstrosity:

For anyone looking to find this tree, my seed is -120 200 553 961 099 390 3 (Spaces added for clarity, I used a random seed) using a creative world with otherwise
    default settings. The tree should be near the spawn. (Disclaimer: I found this while using a decompiled minecraft source (via MCP), I don't know if that effect terrain generation)

Edit: Apparently "backspace" and "upload topic" are the same button to the forums D:

So, I've been playing IC2 with buildcraft and EE (Probably going to replace EE with forestry soon) for a while, but today my roommate updated my minecraft folder to 1.2.3. I was angered quite a bit by that, as it meant that I wouldn't be able to access my worlds for several weeks. . . Or so I thought. While attempting to show him his error, I loaded my creative world, and everything worked fine. No crashes, no bugs, nothing. I had a generator burning coal, that worked fine; I had a macerator macerating stuff, that worked fine, I flew up to y=200, that worked fine. The closest thing to a bug I found was a small gravel deposit I found while exploring the nether. Clearly something went horribly right, but what?

The problem as I see it is twofold: First,while 1.0 -> 1.1 was a very minor change, 1.1 -> 1.2 is much larger -- Jeb & Jon almost completely rewrote several portions of minecraft's code, for starters.

The second problem, of course, is waiting until all the prerequisite mods (espiecially MCForge) have been updated.

Was there about a full stack of cobble in the recycler/macerator? If there was a full stack of cobble in the machine as the pipe attempted to add cobble, the cobble would be ejected into the world even if there would be room for it about a second later. I usually get around this by using the advanced insertion pipe (from Zeldo's additional pipes) and the iron pipe in conjunction.

In my experience, Industrialcraft and buildcraft work together just fine, but adding Redpower (machine) created so many block id conflicts its not even funny. (I know redpower has an id auto-assign feature, it wasn't working for me; I believe the problem is that redpower was loading before my other mods somehow, so there weren't any block id conflicts to resolve when redpower loaded).

@kodemunkey
    -- I can't say that's ever happened to me before. Maybe you installed the prerequisite mods (Risugami's modloader, MC Forge, and modloader MP) in the wrong order?

I finally managed to get myself a set of quantum leggings and quantum boots, and I discovered how cool they are. While messing around with them, I had a thought:
    "These could be used in an awesome parkour map." Any parkour maps using the quantum armor anyone knows of?

Just think of all the new blocks you will be able to add! Anyhow, I'm totally ok with waiting for a converter, as I'm excited to use 1.2 with IC.

BTW, I was curious how the version number is going to work. We are at 1.7, soon we will be at 1.8, then 1.9. What then? We move to 2.0?

I've seen version numbers go from 1.9 to 1.10 before (under the logic that it's not a decimal) before. I'm not sure what the IC2 team will do, though.

And wasn't the block id cap (theoretically :rolleyes: ) raised to 4096, not 2048?

Crop growth is influenced by three factors: Air quality, Hydration, and Nutrients.

And Industrialcraft currently has no way of measuring the value of any of these numbers. Hence my suggestion: The Soilnalyzer, an upgrade to the cropnalyzer. Right-clicking on a crop block displays the air quality, nutrient, and hydration values for that block as a text message (similar to right-clicking on a bed during the day or with monsters around). As a possibility, right-clicking on air switches between modes: One for measuring nutrient/hydration storage (the value that can be directly changed), and one for measuring the actual value (which apparently is what affects plant growth).

My suggested recipe:
    :Empty Cell: :Electronic Circuit:
    :Cable: :Coal Chunk: :Cable:

(where :Coal Chunk: is a cropnalyzer and :Empty Cell: is a placeholder)

I made a discovery just now: It is known that as of 1.70, CF can cover a cable, creating a "CF cable block" that looks like a CF wall but can transmit EU. But, while trying to break normal CF walls produces the stone-breaking sound, trying to break CF Cables produces the wool-breaking sound! Very useful when trying to remember where your EV wiring was placed :P

Here's my take:

-Mining by hand (around y=10) is best if you want gold, diamonds, lava, etc.

-The IC2 Miner is best if you want iron, tin, copper, coal dust, etc.

-The Buildcraft quarry is best if you want recycler fodder.

The buildcraft mining well is less effiecient than both the miner and the quarry, and having an EE Divining rod makes mining by hand *much* easier.

EDIT: Don't underestimate an OV'd miner's ability to collect metal ore (excepting gold) -- after four trips, none more than 30 blocks from my MFE, I got enough copper, tin, and iron ore to force me to make metal blocks (I have about 10 of each kind so far.)

I started another world recently, eventually got to the point where I needed glowstone, and decided to build a nether portal. I jumped inside, and discovered myself inside a small hole in the netherrack, barely large enough to breath in. I spent quite some time trying to reach the nether's open areas, but to no avail.

Any other times of weird nether spawns?

Better idea: how about refillable spray cans that accept dye via the canning machine, and can paint about 4x longer than the Painters?

That. . . is an awesome idea. Of course, It'd have to paint a large area, 3x3 per click? I'm just thinking out loud here, though. (As a side note, that'd give a real use to canning machines, I never use them.)