Posts by DoomFruit

Sorry for little to no activity lately, I´ve just started university so past weeks have been quite busy.
    Once IC2 & BC3 update for 1.3.2 I will get a new version out.
    Oh and for those who asked for it, no I will not be providing compatibility patches for BC dev builds - any version that is not in the first post is not officially supported, so errors with that or obvious.

The problem isn't BC dev builds, it's Transformers not working with IC2 v1.103 (it's not giving us any crafting recipes - the engines themselves work fine but the HV wooden pipe doesn't seem to function).

EDIT: one bug I've found (IC2 1.103/BC 2.2.14) is that the adjustable electric engine seems to drain power from a lapotron regardless of whether it's doing any work. It doesn't continue to request power when idle if connected by cable.

I actually had that problem when writing my own HUD mod. The solution was to split up the rectangle code into one that draws two triangles from the same vertices (though I had to list all 4 vertices, for some reason). I can't explain why it cacked up like that, only that it was pretty consistent in doing it.

Oh, that's interesting. Here's what v2.2e does with the Energy Sensor Location Card: .

I'm not sure what's going on -- I initially assumed the code was trying to read the non-existent "tag.charge" value, but it handles Forestry bees and Mystcraft linking books correctly and those don't have charge in their tag, either. Unless they're special-cased, which I doubt.

I'm coming to suspect that Nuclear Control is doing something screwy with its special items that makes ArmourHUD think it's an item with charge when it obviously isn't.

Interesting. That question mark is being generated in the damage value section of the code. Whatever the damage value/metadata for the energy sensor location card is, it's certainly very strange. I'll have to test this out at some point. The fix is working as intended, though.

Future work for me: allow modders to disable showing the pre-calculated damage percent(no helmet/nano helmet) or values (quantum helmet) and allow them to show their own custom prefixes/postfixes, which my mod will read from public variables which they calculate on every tick. I'm actually half-way there already, but there's not much point in doing that unless people who make actual mods want to use it.

Code
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 65533		at FruitDsiplayLib.RenderScaledChar(FruitDisplayLib.java:272)...

latest version, started with new config file. Happened when using an energy sensor kit from Nuclear Control.

Fixed (well, it should be - I don't have Nuclear Control on my development system). Get version 2.2e or above. The odd characters in the item name will show up as question marks (like this - same for any Unicode stuff), but it will work (and it won't get written to the config file).

EDIT: you might need to delete your config file/remove the offending part manually. I can't really test that at this point.

So after posting and never paying any attention again, my idea(In only text, cause images hate me) is to have the real armor show only the armor status thing, But only with the Q helmet (or Nano, You choose) for aesthetic purposes....Love or Hate, If I wasn't such a lazy ass person, i would modify your classes to do such!

Let me know on your thoughts.

I... have no idea what you said there.

Or just plant a nuke. Hell, you can even replace one of the victim's hidden wires with a detector cable and put the nuke next to that so that it waits before he uses a machine before detonating.

More to the point, is Lex even going to release any new 1.2.5 Forge versions? On a somewhat unrelated note, this isn't the only bug - try using a RP2 deployer to place blocks on Forge 171 (actually, any version of Forge from 153 upwards). Every time I tried it, the block got placed one block below where it should have been - it's more apparent when you have the deployer sideways.

I put pumpkin on my head and got crash and then it kept crashing right after connecting to a server.

Had to remove mod to be able to login again.

My guess is that you're using a localisation which contains characters beyond the standard ASCII set - this crash is when it tries to look up a character with index > 255 in the array.

I did actually try to make it display Unicode text at the very beginning, but it kept crapping out for some reason (I don't remember exactly why, but I think it was due to the font glyphs not being cut out properly). Looks like I'll need to put Unicode back in...

EDIT: I've tested it and it's specific to the pumpkin. Holy crap.

And I made a stupid copy-paste mistake on the initial v2.2 release meaning that it ignored the colour saturation value in the config and set it to maximum (thus making it a bit hard to read). If you grabbed v2.2 before this post came out, get it again (this updated 2.2 also contains an attempt by AthenianGeneral to stop the SMP Mystcraft crash, but it wasn't any more successful than my attempts).

If you install the Compact Solars mod, one MV solar array is enough to power two miners equipped with diamond drills and OV scanners. All you need then is one LV transformer and a bunch of cable (I use glass fibre cabling, since it means less item stacks).

you guys can even run over em? hm maybe its a forge fault? because if i was running on my little testfield, they got trampled even faster then i was walking, with the setup of only forge and ic2, nothing else
    i didnt used the quantum to run/walk over them tough...
    well i play ssp, because im not sure what server to join and so on, but thats annother story :D

When I say "run", I mean the quantum suit's speed boost function, not Minecraft sprinting (and I configured IC2 so that my quantum speed boost is activated by hotkey and not sprinting).