Posts by DoomFruit

Armour HUD has been given a slight tweak to v2.3a which should fix triangles being displayed instead of squares (I hate you, Tessellator.class) and which also finally saves the HUD position when you change it in-game with the keybind. I should be able to backport the changes to MC r1.2.5 if it is so desired (you still on 1.2.5, Dukat863?).

There's also an experimental version of Armour HUD for Minecraft r1.4.2 which is basically just recompiling v2.3a after changing all instances of [itemstack].getItemNameandInformation().get(0) to [itemstack].getItemName(). I haven't tested it (the machine with 1.4 on is elsewhere, so it was compiled using SSH). Also, I have no idea whether it'll work on versions newer than 1.4.2 - do Mojang change their obfuscation for minor version updates? Grab v2.4 from this post and test it out...

Changelog:

v2.4 = Ported to MC r1.4.2 (required changes: instead of calling [itemstack].getItemNameandInformation().get(0), now call [itemstack].getItemName()), not tested due to the lack of 1.4 on this particular machine...

I like the quantum helmet feeding properties just the way they are now.

If cans were implemented as food source, can recipe should be buffed to like 24 cans for 5 tin. Just call me a tinpincher, but 4 cans for 5 tin is waaaay too low.

EDIT: I think i heard something about the cans being given back when eaten. I am in no position to test right now, but if this is true i would just buff the recipe to 8, or even keep it where it is. The wiki is a bit inconclusive.

You get the empty cans back when you eat from them. A canning machine is a fantastic early game investment - it lets you eat zombie meat with no ill effects and makes your food go so much further.

With breeding, you can get over 30kk eu from single ore.

I think there should be no UU recipes that make fuel at all, including coal and wood.

I like wood UU recipes a lot. It means that I don't need to go to the bother of chopping down and replanting trees. After all, it is nice to have a use for your 128 HV solar array farm.

NBT easy to implement, but, this will make blocks unstackable...

I HATE unstackable items, and everyone else also shoud hate unstackable items, especially when you want to craft something like overcloker and this take LONG time.

This. If you make electric blocks retain charge, please, *please* add another wrench mode that drains the block upon removal and reverts it to a stackable state.

And I've done a quick and dirty port to Minecraft r1.3.2. Who'd have thought that the old ModLoader functions still work...

I still need to re-write it to use FML-based stuff instead of ModLoader, and I still need to port to 1.4.4 (I suspect that this will need to come after I re-Forge it, since there were several deprecation warnings when recompiling).

Other than that, version 2.3 (for MC r1.3.2) behaves exactly the same as 2.2f (for MC r1.2.5), including Gravitation Suite compatibility. Grab it from the first post.

OK, I've taken a look at 1.3 and it's going to take me a lot longer to port than I'd expected.

Forge looks like it's been turned inside-out, with a lot of the functions that I overload looking like they've been replaced by some weird implicit comment-based system. I managed to get this far because Java and C/C++ (I don't actually write Java code...) are similar enough to be mostly compatible after ironing out any errors presented by the compiler. I'm going to have to spend a bit of time learning actual Java and this freaky proxy thing before I can update it past 1.2.

Yowch, how did my mod get moved to the main addons forum? It's been completely inactive...

Back on topic, I've been swamped up to the eyeballs over the past couple of months - the only Minecraft I was able to get is about 30 minutes per week to check if my automatic breeder reactor/nuke factory was still warm.

I won't be able to do anything this week, but I'll start looking at 1.3 (and 1.4 too...) on Monday. No idea how long it will take to port, but pretty much everything is client/render-side, so I don't expect an enormous quantity of complications. I might have an updated release some time around 17/18th November, but no promises here

Dukat863: that's a very strange error and I can only make guesses as to how it arose. I thought I fixed it when I stuck my own render code in (Minecraft's Tessellator class is lying when it says that it can render polygons with more than 3 sides), but it seems like it's not drawing the second one. I know that the Linux drivers for Intel "3D" chipsets have some strange problems, but this is just weird. I don't have any means of testing it here (everything I have is NVidia, with the exception of an ATI chip in a netbook), so a fix might be some time away (I'd really rather avoid re-writing Minecraft's renderer).

*Sigh*
    and:
    if DoomFruit HasTried1.3 = false then
    Get MultiMC
    end

I prefer to do things manually - I've got jar files going back to something like 1.6 (both modded and unmodded) and I had more, but I lost them in a hard drive failure. No, the thing is that I haven't been interested in 1.3 (or, in fact, any vanilla Minecraft update) - it's only the mods that I care about. Perhaps more to the point, I've just found out that things are going to be extremely busy this week and probably won't get a chance to even look at coding until the weekend. Updates are going to have to wait, I'm afraid.

Also, I run Linux, so that particular link wouldn't be much use to me :D

Indeed!
    EDIT: Got an ETA on the 1.3 Version?

I personally don't like that idea very much - it seems too much like just copying the inventory screen to me (also, going to need to find a good way of rendering it and keeping the colour shading for the status). Still, I do have a use planned for the "render 3D object with different z-position (scaling) and z-clipping (visibility)" function, so it might be a good test.

1.3... I haven't even downloaded it yet - the server I operate uses a bunch of mods that haven't updated, so I didn't even consider trying 1.3. No idea how hard it'll be to convert it, but it probably helps that things are entirely client-side.

An idea, for the jetpack could you create a time remaining estimate, instead of the normal percentage? (For nano/quantum only would probably be fair.)

I actually considered doing that right at the start. I'd probably put the flight time remaining in the centre of the HUD, below the crosshair.

I see what you mean with the hardcore check. I have no idea how to recompile, let alone decompile the mod to fix it tho but I do see the code with the version check.

Decompiling it was a right royal pain in the arse (you need to decompile Forge, Buildcraft and the IC2 API at the same time as you do the Transformers mod), but it can be done. I'm using a hacked version now on IC2 v1.103.

It's a shame the mod got broken with .103. I miss this mod so much. But someone mentioned that you can "cheat" them in and they'll work? Think I'll have to try that but it would feel so cheesy :(

Is it IC .103 being the problem or NEI?

The problem is the mod itself - it's hardcoded to only accept one version of IC2 and Buildcraft. If you decompile it and remove that hardcoded check, the crafting works fine (HV wooden pipes can't be crafted, but they don't seem to work either, so no big loss).

These are just UUM-Recipes. Its really easy to Update that, as i already added UUM-Recipes, which are currently working with Dirt due to nonexistence of a public IC²-API for 1.3.2, to my Addon. And yes, Forge makes it VERY easy with the Proxysystem, because it initializes the Client- and Serverproxy for you, so you just have to determine the Classfiles in your @Mod-File as an Anotation.

My problem is that I basically write C (with a teeny bit of C++) code that just happens to work when compiled in Java. A quick look at Forge's changes indicates that I might have to learn Java explicitly rather than bodge together bits of mutilated C++. Still, it can't be that hard - thanks for the links.

Cool, thanks. I'm quite nooby at Minecraft modding (I have no idea what a CommonProxy is), so any bugfixes are quite welcome. I can't really test the Bukkit port myself, since I use a vanilla server.

Thanks but I wonder why would you want to make tungsten? Does it have a secret use or something? I heard it is worth a lot of EMC in EE but I am not using that.

I know of no use whatsoever for tungsten. But it might have a use in the future, so why not give it a recipe.

I really like this, but I have no idea how to make it show percentages, rather than numbers. Also, it looks horrible, reading rows of 1000000/1000000, I would much rather have it be 1m / 1m - 100% but then again, I'm still trying to figure out how to show percentages.

If you want percentages, replace the quantum helmet with nano or something else. Personally, I much prefer exact numerical values.