Posts by MagusUnion

That's why you make it out of wooden sticks and it requires no power to run. ^^

I don't think you quite understand the ideological differences between us and them.

Of course something Tekkit or Modpack related is going to want something easy, or quickly accessible. How do they enjoy modded Minecraft in the first place? They have to go thru a launcher which has all of their configs. and game settings pre-made for them. Of course they want something that they can just plop down and be done. They want the mods to line up in a simple fashion so that it all works together and there are no breaks between the seams...

For us here on IC2 standalone (or GregTech), configurations and designs are much more fluid and selective. There are multiple config. options to buff EU output, and to adjust gameplay styles. The recipes, imo, haven't changed that much (apart from Energy Crystals, and UU-Matter ofc). The same resources from before are just applied a bit differently than previous, and work in such a fashion that isn't similar to how other mods work. That may break synergy with other mods, but fuck them. This is the IC2 forums, this is IC2 we are talking about. Mod design can be done from a stand-alone approach, and it is no 'flaw' or 'short-coming' from the dev team for doing so. It is only that they prefer to approach development in this way, and if that's such a problem, then you are probably just going to have to deal with it...

And now to loop back to my initial post: you can design the mod in a way that the player is pushed by annoying things and tedious tasks to advance and automate this using the mod's tools, which will result in players being initially frustrated, then happy. Or you can design the mod that it is fun right from the start and then gets even better the further you proceed, causing the player to be happy then even more happy while playing. bored after obtaining everything so quickly that he logs off Minecraft to play a different game...

Your vision of game designed couldn't be more flawed. Why do MMO's exist? Because they have a protracted reward system that lasts for nearly months at a time. If you hand the rewards out too quickly, you don't give the player any more incentive to keep playing the game. Once they bull-rush thru the tech and hit 'endgame', they are left with the two choices: do I use this stuff to do something creative, or do I wait till later when I feel like applying some ACTUAL effort in the game?

Most of the time, people will choose the lazy route. Besides, why do anything hard when you just had almost everything handed to you?

What you are really complaining is not difficulty, it is not tedium, it is LAZINESS. It seems you would rather AFK waiting for a ton of refined iron to smelt then go into a mine for 20 seconds extra.

And I think that's the only think left that needs saying. There are those of us who don't want to sit and wait on a BC Quarry or a Mining Turtle for all our resources, and then there are those players who just do. Just because a feature requires more 'effort' (if you can really call it that) than it used to does not mean that said mod became more 'difficult'. It only means that the mod now requires a little more thoughtfulness than before. If that's difficult for you to do, then I'm not quite sure that it's the mod's fault...

Not actually, you can feed multiple machines with one batbox.
    Try this design:
    :LV-Transformer: =Batbox

:LV-Transformer::LV-Transformer::LV-Transformer: (etc) :Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre: [machines]

That solution only works on IC2 builds where the explosion mechanic is disabled. A better solution would be to feed all the Batbox into a LV transformer, and send the output from the transformer to the machines, so that the transformer acts like a regulator of Voltage so that the machines stay at their max threshold without blowing up...

You can zip and share config. files with no legal issues what-so-ever. You can have people simply copy the config settings this way for server owners, and if they are listing mod downloads like they should, it should not be a difficult task to drag and drop an additional folder of .txt files into their Minecraft folder...

Of course, though, you can't exactly control the laziness of others...

Solar Boiler is about the only thing I can think of as well that isn't done by GregTech. Of course, you could add in a feature where anti-matter could be manufactured by corrupting UU-Matter in such a way that causes it to destroy (instead of create) new objects. Now, how to balance it where it generates a positive yield and not be completely OP, is up to the devs.

Anyone who is too lazy to download and drag-and-drop mods into a folder is probably not going to enjoy IC2.

For some reason, this is a surprisingly difficult task for some people. How they manage to use a computer in the first place is beyond me...

(This is where I feel most of the modern FTB mods have gone wrong; they simply give OP machines that serve no purpose other than being OP.)

I don't think you can expect people who can't even configure their own mods to be capable to put forth any reasonable 'work' in a game. That's mostly why the modpack crowd swarms to the OP machines like they do: because they care more about the 'max resoure output' than the actual game-play-ability factor to apply those resources in their world...

I process every last scrap of coal into diamonds, and I'm still permanently out of diamonds. Every advanced building project I do is limited by diamonds, always, and takes significantly longer because of it. This is despite having an ocean quarry running and also mining manually (with silk touch) for coal and diamond.

Note that I have no even thought about trying a MFSU yet, after a month's playing in that world. That will probably something after I can finally afford a replicator (another 25 diamonds, augh) so I can make diamonds out of uu-matter. Screw iridium, GraviSuite's advanced nano chest is good enough and I need diamonds.

The other thing I am regularly short on is copper, although that is probably more due to the way I handled worldgen (running ATG and using TE to spawn guesstimated amounts of copper at completely different y-levels than usual) and the fact that I am building tons upon tons of reactor components which eat electric motors (and thus copper) for breakfast. IC2 on its own spawns a large amount of copper in a somewhat narrow band, so it's easy to get enough for the recipe costs as they are.

Recently, I picked up a Custom Ore Gen. mod in order to deal with some of these factors. I don't feel vMC world gen. was designed around the heavy resource requirements that these mods ask for, so some alteration to base iron and diamond yields may seem necessary. Plus, it adds an extra level of customization to your gameplay, lol...

MagusUnion: Creosote is just 3EU/Liter or 3000EU per Bucket. So it is basically neither worth to add to the Semifluid Generator, nor worth to be discussed as OP Material.

So 11k EU per piece of Coal. Assuming that Wither Skele farms are viable to make Coal a renewable resource, I'd fine that to be a bit problematic. Of course, there's the Coking Charcoal method, which would yield the same result off of a tree farm. (Reason I say it's the same is because you need 2x as much Wood to make 1 Creosote Oil bucket. So you gain 2x Charcoal, plus the 1 fuel bucket)...

Course, if you don't have a problem with it Greg, then I guess it's fine by me, lol...

It was necessary, to keep all of the people from ignorantly "ok"-ing the flamers' quick decision to not let the bug be fixed, or to have the inclusion of Creosote as fuel, removed entirely.

Don't delude yourself in thinking you have the power to force or prevent a mod development action on IC2. I don't have that power either. The only thing you can do is voice your opinion, and "hope" that people side with it. If you feel that your opinion lacks the strength to stand on it's own, you should question its validity then...

How dare you dissect my post.

If you are going to reply, quote it entirely or only one part of it. My posts have a meaning as a whole, and when you break them down like that, they lose connection and become confusing/incorrect. It is also inherently lying, to do this, because by breaking the post into pieces, you focus on their individual meanings, which when stated independently from each other, can stray very far from the collective purpose of them all.

Your whining and complaining is dully noted and ignored....

About your reply - if those fuels are already registered, then why isn't Creosote Oil registered? Your excuse that it allows more EU to be made from Coal is invalid, because that is the purpose of the Coke Oven - to increase the efficiency of Coal.

Actually, the purpose of the Coke Oven is to create Coke Coal, which is more effective at manufacturing Steel than Charcoal. The byproduct (which is what Creosote Oil actually is) has other applications in Railcraft besides fuel contribution (even thought that is available to Boilers as a fuel, anyway)...

Both coal and creosote can be burned in Railcraft Steam Boilers aswell. And if you actually take a second to take a look at it, creosote doesn't even burn for very much at all in said boiler. It is a crappy fuel, and the burning of it is meant to be a way to get rid of it without completely destroying it/voiding it - like the Recycler making scrap from useless crap. Thus, it should be able to be burned in the semifluid generator, just returning very little EU per unit, as compared to Oil or Biomass.

The cost for creating a Semi-Fluid Generator is nowhere near as high as creating an efficient Steam Boiler. The amount of Steel required for said power producer is quite large, and given this fact would be the reason why you would have tanks of Creosote Oil anyway, considering how much coke coal you'd need for said Steel anyway...

So basically, you want a buff to Coal so that it produces 8000 EU + whatever extra from Creosote Oil. Which, at default settings, has better EU output than lava, and materialistically cheaper than going Nuclear or Solar/Wind/Water..

I'm still perplexed about the inconsistency issue: In the current DW20 mod-pack in single-player creative mode you CAN use creosote as a fuel in the semiliquid generator. For some reason it does not work in my multiplayer Survival-mode game. Can anybody think of a good reason why these objects might behave differently?

More than likely a bug that still needs to be addressed, imo...

We can do this already with CFoam, even though it's a tab bit more expensive to do it the IC2e way...

I understand you people miss RedPower, but you are going to have to move on. It's in a better place now, and Eloraam and returned to the divine planes that she calls home...

You're just going to have to use something different to make your base pretty...