Posts by JoneKone

tekkit will never work as expected, also "smart" users shoud read about java and API implementation of bukkit, there is no "press x to add IC2 146 to tekkit"

Yees.. mcportcentral check those guys out for port to bukkit. They have asked permissions to do ports

Between the huge nerf to reactors ('fun' nerf... computer-controlled CASUCs were fun, the new system is just 'meh'), and the rampant bugs since 103, I haven't been very happy with the direction IC2 is going.

Then again, its a mod, someone else's hobby, free, etc. The two statements aren't mutually exclusive - I can express my opinion without saying that the IC2 dev team has an obligation to cater to it.

Between the huge nerf to reactors ('fun' nerf... computer-controlled CASUCs were fun, the new system is just 'meh'), and the rampant bugs since 103, I haven't been very happy with the direction IC2 is going.

Then again, its a mod, someone else's hobby, free, etc. The two statements aren't mutually exclusive - I can express my opinion without saying that the IC2 dev team has an obligation to cater to it.

Nerffing is fun, I sure hope that even IC would be nerfed EVEN MORE! :D Like Quantum armor shoud use moar power.. And Nano armor should use in comparison even moar.. It is after all just carbon carbon I mean how efficient can it be? Compared to Iridium! ooooh yeaah.. Mining pipes could have a hit point as well. Every other mod EVEN redpower has an "block breaker" that consumes nothing (It could be changing) Magic still! Pipes are cool.. But quarry could suck power like... 2000 instead 20 eu/tic (something that compares to mining laser) I mean it does take some effort to build a working Combustion engine generator in BC... It does waste 50% of the energy to heat exchange.

OMG! looks cool.. "Disclaimer this is not a mod"

Allso Equal exchange 2 suxsors arse. (Beside point)

And yeah it's easy for the rest of us to just stand behind KaneHard and let him take the blame for what everybody else is thinking.. That said. Kane Herd is an Ass.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but the Quantum Helmet seems to be chewing up EU like a mofo. I've used it for some time and could go quite awhile without recharging it, now it seems after 1.107, even after a quick mining trip, it's depleted quite a bit.

I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure I was only missing 3 hunger bars, mounted the helmet, and it ate up like 200,000 EU. Perhaps this rate is intended, but seems harsh.

Vanguard

Good, that at least something uses energy.

Is it the fault of Ic2 or other mods not using a updated ic2 api that Ic2 ores aren't being registered in mods like forestry (they dont go into the miners backpack) railcraft (rock crusher can't crush ic2 ores into dusts) nether ores (can't macerate ores) and I'm guessing others but those are a few that i've tested. I'm using the absolute latest forge build and using the open beta from this thread.

You need to furnace nether ore to make it a normal ore.. Then you can macerate the normal ore. After that you can Smelt it to ingots. If the first step would be possible Then what would come out... ?

Hi. again =)

Solar panels in the orginal version seem to work progressively. Currently Advanced solar panels seem to just pump 2 different outputs.. 64eu/t and 512eu/t "ultimate hybrid" I wonder if the api enables same kind of conditioning for addon solar panels..

For example ic panel decreases power output if it has a block in 4 sides blocking sun from left right back and forth. ASP's don't do this. 512eu/t output is easy to get at dawn... When the sun is not even totally up..

I suggest that (max) 512eu/t output is possible only at peak hour.. when sun is directly above and the panel has nothing around it. and only for few minutes for a day... And if it is above cloud layer.

JoneK

Hey.

I'm having high frequency light show when I try to get a redstone signal out from MFSU unit.

"When empty" emit redstone signal.. However the MFSU is in high traffic area and doesn't fill up easilly so the redstone signal that comes out is very high frequency. And it togles everytime when it goes empty..

Maybe there is a way to nerf the signal frequency ignore every third redstone output if signal frequency is high.

Probably impossible. A great thing it would be! But :(

Nanotech is still a possibility, but it'll have to wait until after the satellite update (which, in turn, will come after full SMP and missile defense systems).

I suppose now is as good a time as any to announce that I've been putting some work into a "Realistic Reactors" add-on, since vanilla IC2's reactor bears about as much resemblance to an actual nuclear reactor as the mob spawning mechanics do to a real ecosystem. With this mod installed you'll be able to enrich uranium, breed plutonium and U-233 from U-238 and thorium, and set up optimal arrangements of fuel elements and moderator in your reactor. Current plans put the release of Realistic Reactors after the completion of Rocket Science, but if there's sufficient interest I could move the date up a bit.

NIce =)

Would the Realistic reactors addon override old reactor types? Replace? Delete? Remove?

It should =)

The SMP version will be done soon, and then the port. We're all over this :p cmon now - who doesnt want SMP? :)
    It will definitley be on GodCraft server. Enough of ccSensors anyway for this thread..
    Btw the way cc1.31 is now out for mc 1.2.3 with monitors and the peripheral API released(which means ccSensors is public for download).
    Also there is a backport of CC 1.31 for MC 1.1 as well, and ccSensors is avaible for both versions.

For the love of you!

Where Do i get ComputerCraft Sensors?

[22:54:10] <JoneK> Wireless MFSU NO!
    [22:54:15] <JoneK> BIG no!
    [22:54:36] <JoneK> Unless..
    [22:54:58] <JoneK> You make a big MIcrowave transmitter / Receiver + the loss would be like 90%

And i'm talking like BIG arrays!