Posts by Snoochy

lol, in which case both of our math was going in opposite directions, i was simply calculating the outer perimeter not encompassed area, nevertheless, as agreed, his calculations made it rediculously rare to the point of being pointless for 16eu/t. one in every 4 chunks sounds alot more reasonable if it can be anywhere in the ground.

as it is most people's servers crash when even the current nuclear reactor explodes, at the very least the client near the blast get completely locked up. i'd rather not have even larger scars on my server from idiots not knowing how to manage reactors. this usually resorts to my creating a dome cap of CFoam over the hole and painting it green.

i think i'd rather just see more stable and efficient ways of setting up and cooling the current reactors, like slapping icce blocks against it instead of water, creating better Reactor Components out of Iridium plates instead of Advanced Alloys, ect. that waay we could set up power producing reactors easier and more efficiently and leave the Breeder Reactors to the pros.

1: Water mills are already on Alblaka's list for reworking. [Off topic: Same for luminators]

2 : 2.5 EU/t (you made it wrong since you can only have 25 water blocks because you forgot to count cable :P) would make watermills extremely overpowered, compared to other "free" generators.
    3: Pumping water inside water mill = perpetum mobile.

you could always just not attach a wire and use batteries :p lol, but yeah i forgot that one. also windturbines produce about that much if perfectly set up and don't require nearly as much set up. also some people would rather just make 2 solar panels and do absolutely no setup what-so-ever, and that's more infinate then water. also, using a pump to pump water into a "water turbine" is basically what an Over-Unity System is in real life. also using a pump to pump water would greatly drain the over all profit of energy from the water mills. so it's making them more stable and automated at the cost of some of their effectiveness. also using Geothermals in the nether with pumps might as well be as infinate as water in the overworld.

also using water turbines in a Water Tower format requires alot of setup and materials and takes up even more space then solar panels, so respectively they produce alittle more energy, but not much. and since most people would be using the tall water tower idea for these then you'd only get like .9eu/t from them. so not only would they take up alittle more space total then solars, they'd produce less, with more set-up, kind of like wind turbines. if done properly are far greater then solar panels, if done wrong (or lazy), then they are worthless.

in my opinion Water mills were (still are) not worth the effort, even at max efficiency they can only output .25eu/t? and even when making those Water Towers, that was way to much effort for how simple a device they should have been. so here is my recommendation.

make then output a max of 2.6Eu/t (.1EU/t per block of water touching it), and a bucket equal 5,000 (1/4 as effective as lava), also allow a Pump to pump water into the watermills "forcefully" creating a slight Over-Unity System. going through all this work and also building a pump to feed these would cause them to produce slightly more energy then Solar Panels but requires additional items such as the Pump and requires alot more set-up then "place Solar Panel, attach wire, recieve power"

sorry sir, but it is your math that is horribly wrong, a chunk is 16 by 16, so 100 chunks, 16*100=1,600. also 16EU/t on average isn't very much as all, 6 properly placed Wind Turbines can pump out that much and are ALOT easier to make/find. i do agree with the fact that they are easier to find in the nethwer, and even easier to find in The End, but the cost of your Quantum Reactor is way to much. if someone made the iridium plates without using scraps then it would cost 112million energy just to make the iridium. which would take just under 100 hours of constant use to make up for the amount of energy it too to make it, and that is if that person's server can keep up with the calculations of everything going on, if the server can;t keep up with everything then 1 second does not always equal 20 ticks, if the server gets bogged down then you could get as low as 5 ticks per second.

it's not a horrible idea, it just needs ALOT of balancing to make it not so expensive / rare for such a little ammount of profits for how easy it is to aquire energy by other means.

edit: go put 16 times 100 in a calculator... also solar panels make 1eu/t not .5eu/t so it would only replace 16 not 32.

Edit: incase you didn;t understand the first time 16 blocks long, 16 block wide, from bedrock to the sky is 1 chunk, i think your doing all your math backwards. 16*16*128 is a single "chunk" in minecraft.

Edit 2 days later: i had the flu and wasn't thinking 100% clearly, i was only doing the perimeter and not the area. lol, my appologizes for the confusion.

sounds like a bad idea sadly.

first off, what would happen if you aim it at a creeper? would it go through the creeper and then keep going and drill a hole to bedrock to blast through everything up to 64 blocks away?

second: 5-10 million energy a shot? why would you burn through 5 million energy for anything? you could set a Mining Laser to explode and dig a 8 by 8 hole to betrock for only like 1 million.

third: i did kind of like the turrent mode but if you were to intentionally use this for digging, for example go to bedrock and start using it to dig tunnels, then you'd burn off like 100mill EUs before you knew it. and people are already abusing solar panels for their "basic" AFK Mass Fabricators.

fourth: could you imagine a griefer on your server mount on of these under a town and build up 200mill EUs over a week or 2 and then decide to completely decimate your server by blasting holes through everything? no one would be safe unless they built their house out of bedrock, which they can't :p

first off, you do realize a chunk is 16W*16L*128H? so 100 chunks is like 1,600L by 1,600W. which is bigger then some peoples worlds, so basically only 1-4 is allowed per world...

second: You could easily just hook it up to a HV transformer with HV-triple insulated wire and never have to worry about it.

third: it's non-craftable, in my opinion this sounds like an aweful idea.

Now if you told me that these was like an upgrade of a lapotron crystal that uses 4 Iridium Plates, 4 lapotron crystals and 1 advanced machine and make a Quantum Crystal that was capable of storing 100million energy, then i would highly agree and start using these as my new Advanced mobile energy storage so that people on my server would stop using their damn Solar Panels and i could just charge up 6 of these things and hand them one a week. and sell them more if they decide that they want to actually burn all their energy on MassFabs.

DanielPSp: that picture is basically what alblaka is doing i believe. if i read it right then you will be able to take one solar panel, and then make other Solar Flat Panels and attach them to the central Solar Panel to increase it's output, last i heard he was having alittle trouble with it but i'm sure he'll get it done when he can. he's just really busy at the moment.

indeed, and i'd have it as a monster trap with collection boxes and overflow would go into making scrap for fuel for other generators. depending on which would be more efficient. and i'd make the entire flooring in the trap out of these, so as soon as one died, a new one would appear to take his place on the treadmill.

i greatly agree, i think that my recycler facility probly causes more issues then my solar panels. it's constantly running about 30 recycles and MFabs. not to mention how much of an issue and annoyance the sounds of Wind Turbines are. the sounds alone are usually about 60% of my lag issues.

well if someone REALLY wants a hidden base it's incredibly easy to go with other means of energy collection. i mean hell, even the most basic and easy set of of a nuclear reactor can get you 8-16mill energy an hour. and they really aren't all that hazardous. yesterday i found out that 5 layers of CFoam will also stop a blast. luckily my facility wasn;t damaged because i built it before looking into Reinforced Stone Blocks. so now i'm going to make an even bigger facility under my camoflaged house and make it even bigger then before and more then likely get rid of solar panels all together. atlesat until a solution is resolved for the server strain issue. i just hope the solution involves a recipie using our current solar panels so i don't have to make so much new stuff and can just alter my current panels.

EXP farm that also generates EU along the way to delivering the mobs to their deaths?! Want.

Only way it could be OP is with a mob spawner and looping the mobs around and around on it.

why would you need to loop them? just let them fall to their death and use the newly spawned mobs :) also mobs onlt give EXP if a player kills them, not if they die by lava, fire gravity, ect.

i'd imagine it would be pretty easy to do in single player since for a while there Notch had F7 and F9 i think as fast forward and reward button for time. however i don;t know how easy this would be in multiplayer. i would LOVE it to be added though because i always have annoying players AFK on my server to keep solar panels powering their house and i can;t sleep in a bed to make it day. so i would simply set up a 9 minute clock to faster forward through all of the nights at the cost of, lets say, 2 million energy.

so it could either be coded as an Advanced Bed that doesn't care if players are in other beds or not, or somehow fast forward or rewind time.

Or better! how about once placed it have 2 different types of inputs: fast-forward, and rewind, with a Face that you can turn, the inputs would only be on the side without the face, so you can turn it as needed. now, it accepts up to 2048eu/t, which would cause 1 minute to pass per second of energy. all scaled down from there if you wish to apply 52EU/Ts then you could and it would simply speed up the night and day.

However! if you apply 128EU/T or more to both the input and output faces at the same time then it would cause time to stop.

that is correct raa1337, if we were to compact then they they would become over powered, the fact that they take or a rediculous ammount of space is their balancing attribute. as long as they minimalize the amount of packages sent and reduce server strain, then i am one happy panda. i wonder if the same thing could be done the Wind turbines?