Posts by Snoochy

I always found Water replicating in minecraft to be stupid, so i dont find any issue with it.

Besides there are Ice golems casuc out there too.

actually! you just gave me a brilliant idea with a Snow Golem and BC Pipes, if this works i can make about 2,000 ice blocks a minute. and if it does work then i'll let ya'll know for future needs. also i think i'll start doing that method anyway just to save the EUs from the pump and first compressor.

i see both benefits and issues with this.

you said it would be able to make it so that when it adsorbs liquids it would prevent then from going back to that slot, primarily to keep water from replicating. well what about people who set up Ice Block and Snow Ball Factories for use in reactors? this would completely break their regenerating water sources. this i see being a pretty big issue.

however in regards to lava, this would be one of the best things ever since lava has a bad tendancy of not wanting to go away when you remove a source and will create huge pools of free flowing lava that cannot be harvested. so your idea would be wonderful for the lava in the nether for example if i wanted to get rid of all that damn lava so i stop falling into it. i wouldn;t mind lava neaarly as much if i could swim in it at the same speed as water but nope.

so maybe have the pumps operate in this fashion and place pipes when attached to a miner but not place any pipes if used individually?

i rather liked the original idea, although maybe just have it as a "Microwave Generator" that you throw out in space and have a create a satalite dish to catch the rays? the more powerful, or amount of "satalites", the bigger the dish would need to be in order to be safe, if a microwave generator misses the dish then the would burn a hole 10 wide and 3 deep into the ground. so if someone didn;t build a big enough satalite dish to safely catch all the microwaves then you'd eventually get a crater burnt into the ground almost the size of a nuke. that way there is alteast some risk of these things, so if you had lets say 6 of these in "space" over a dish, then the dish would need to be about 30 by 30 in size. this would cause them to basically be very expensive and hazardous solar panels. and for every microwave generator you would have to increase the dish size by 5 in diameter, causing every addition to become exponentially more expensive.

If the devs would chose between those two machines (Not that they have any reason nor will they do it either), they would chose sno one. Why you ask? Its the lesser pain in the ass to code one, if you want the basic materials, just place the items over and over again, more useful (because you dont skip so many steps) and does exactly what yours do in the long run.

the only thing i'd see being really annoying would be the output method, but if it could be done with IC2 or even with the help of BC then you could make a a chain of these and get the affect from the original idea as well, would just take alittle longer. but like you said, would be alot easier to code and for most people would be more convinient i'd imagine.

Yes both could be possible. And your machine could not dismantle basic things like circuits or batteries because they are a bit to overcomplicated for it (And my version would be useless if it could).

your idea wouldn't be useless because if someone wanted only dusts and basics from say a nuclear reactor then they would use yours, if they wanted dusts or bars from mine they would have to break down like 8 items at a time. your would be quicker but would destory more.

well fenxir, his idea is basically you ram an item in it and you get all the basic stuff like dusts and rubber. mine wouldn't tear the items to bits and dust, it would mearly disassemble the item like your stating, so you wouldn't HAVE to use the "macerecycler" to shred your machine and then rebuild the new one from scratch. mine would maintain a few of the components so you wouldn't have to re-make everything. perhaps you have have a toggle-able mode with the application of a redstone current?

how about the addition of Gardening Shoes? made from 2 Wooden Hoes and Rubber boots, like this: :Bronze Hoe: :Rubber Boots: :Bronze Hoe: . these would prevent the trampling of crops while your wearing them. Maybe even have a Toggled "plow mode" that would create crop blocks where ever you walk perhaps?

maybe have both then? have mine the Advance Machine version of yours? that way if someone wanted direct basic components then they you use yours and later if someone wanted to rip apart a machine for cuircuts and not have to rebuild them back from scratch and only wanted to break it down alittle then they could use mine?

more then likely not, sadly, but it could be used in other projects or just used as an early alternative to Construction Foam and Reinforced Stone, just with slightly less blast resistance. i don;t think they'd want to take the time implimenting a geo-thermal byproduct though sadly but this would be a unique and nice way to create a blast resistant block.

I like the Idea of travelling far to get Resources. This gives a new economical reason for War. 8o

this is one thing i REALLY liked about the new Iron Golems defending towns, occassionally i go on Raids and kill all the iron golems in a town with only iron armor, diamond sword, and a few arrows :D makes it alittle funner to collecting Iron Ingots, and you can bet i'll be using these and Cats to guard my house :D

at the moment i'm in the middle of updating my server and more then likely with simply scrap my old world, but once i get it back up and running i can show you my method of making what your refering to. however, your single machine sounds like a much better idea then my set-up because my setup takes anywhere from 40-120 blocks in a specific setup that usually takes up a 20 by 8 by 10 room if i line the walls with it. it's kind of cool to watch though. but compressing this relatively large room into a single block would be extremely convinient even if it takes longer to produce. sure beats the hell out of setting up a production room for each item that takes about 30 minutes to set-up.

how about changing this thing up and making it into a "Deconstructor" that will tear apart items, anything from a Nuclear Reactor to a crafting box, and when "deconstructed would return the components of that machine to you with a 85% chance of getting the item, 10% chance of scrap instead of an item, and 5% chance of nothing. these calculations would apply to each component. so say you put a MFS into the Deconstructor, you would usually get most of your items back but rarely 1 item will be missing complete missing, or uncommonly 1 component would get "ruined" and you'd get scrap instead of a lapotron crystal or so. this could be used to break down out-dated or replaced items to materials you could use for something more useful, or if you are in dire need of materials. for example, say you need lapis for some Lapotron Crystals and don;t have any, but you have an old LapPack that you have made an extra of or the one that you are using is not as important at the time, you could deconstruct it and get most, if not all, of your lapis blocks back.

3 minutes per circuit, which is a quite a bit of time concidering i can make a full stack from dusts and rubber in all of 1 minute. so when i'm trying to mass produce a few Nuclear Reactors i'd rather not have to wait like 2 hours but also do something more productive then poke around through chests digging out coolant cells to make the Heat Despensers by hand.

also most people do carry or should carry that stuff regardless, but when your on an SMP server running an adventure or expedition with 4-6 people and someone runs out of a particular material before some of the others, it's nice to be able to create the materials they need at the cost of a few million energy. also, sometimes it has nothing to do with planning and more or just it being convinient. specially for wood in underground bases when you need large amounts of sticks for torches or wooden gears from BC.

i'd agree with this idea if their rarity wsa about the same as a ravine. mainly alittle more rare.

i kinda like the idea but i'd still like to be able to carry UUM around with me when i need it. like if i need wood for either sticks or planks for building houses, or creating source waters so i don't have to run home for a bucket. but i would like the abillity to directly craft other items out of UUM without setting up another room in my Buildcraft Factory as i have been doing for the more common items. for example. i have a 10x10x8 room that auto crafts Circuts and advanced machines for me. but it takes a really long time from the point i throw the UUM into the input hole and recieve the final products. this is a chain of going all the way from UUM ->Ores/resin -> dusts/rubber -> bars -> cables and other products ect. so it's already possible to create what this thread is about. but it takes a HUGE amount of space, about 3 minutes and Buildcrafts help to make each final product.

dont see a point to automate it it runs for 3h gives you SOOOO much power so you could stock 10 mfsu
    and i have done some automation with mods but dont see the point it is already tooo overpowered

that's what i resorted to doing, i removed all of the solar panels from my server and made a 12 Nuclear Reactor Facility, i manually run the nuclear reactors by force feeding stacks of ice into them from chests that i have auto-filled with ice. this lets me run all 12 reactors at 500 EU/t, these in turn are fed in 128 MFSUs forming a wall in my house. even using Mass Fabs that are almost always on i only have to recharge my wall once a week.