Posts by Snoochy

i think so far albaka is trying to make Solars Flat Panels that you can attach onto the side of the current Solar Panels to increase the Solar panels total output, kinda of like Nuclear Reactor Chambers. however i hopw what he ends up doing is making it like scaffolding and allowing you to attach panels onto other panels up to a total of 511 add-on panels no more then 35 blocks away. this could compensate for the 1 Tin Wire losing 1 energy after 40 blocks, just don;t allow it to be more then 40 blocks in radius from the starting Solar Panel Generator. this would basically creat the same shape as a Giant Brown Mushroom with a fiber glass cable as the stalk, lol. i REALLY hope this is his solution cause he flat out does not want to modify the ammount of space the solar panels take up because then they would be too over powered.

it would be interesting to make my 75by75 3 story tall monster sky trap out of treadmill blocks :p maybe at 100% capacity it could generate around 150 EU/t? or make a Chicken Powered facility for energy and eggs.

why not just add a magnetizer next to Iron Minecart Tracks to magnetize the tracks to accelerate the carts twice ass fast as the golden minecart tracks. you'd have to make then go pretty fast considering that Quantum Boots and Legs with Speed 2 potions can get you just about anywhere REALLY quick even over horribly un-even terrain. so we would need an incentive, that of which being, that they go even faster but cost a magnetizer every 30 or so blocks and drain, lets say, 10EU/t?

He always have a mass fabricator running remember? My bet its that he uses the UUM for converting it into lava, although i dunno if it gives an equal amount of energy or more pr less, never made the calculations for it.

lapotrons in the nether, quantum suits and potions to go scuba diving in the nether with empty cells while i watch movies, i usually just gather up large amount sof stacks of lava cells for burst energy from the geo's at my facility. the lapotron charging station is usually for charging quantum armor but i use it for lapotron crystals when the MFSUs are full.

i was actually wanting to do that too with the UUM and making lava using buildcraft auto-crafting tables to make lava and then feed lava blocks into the geo thermals, but the geothermals do not accept "source lava" sadly. also i don;t think it would be as effective, i think a lava in a geothermal onlt give like 20000 energy total per block, and the matter to make it would be 3mill without scraps.

originally i was going to use all the geo thermals in the nether with Buildcraft pipes to feed lava into 64 geothermals for my fabricators, but they will not work together sadly. so i had to find a use for the 32 i had already made.

Teleports Absorb the entire energy from nearby MFSU, so it doesnt power it more efficiently.

Number of packets doesnt matter much, you are sacrificing way too much efficiency on those EW, besides Enet calculations arent so strenuous as you think. And you are thinking wrongly about numbers of packets in this particular case. Also when both of those packets (2048 vs 512) reaches the destination (the 20k blocks) their total eu would become 0... for both, where are you losing more? with EW or with Glass fibre?

And whats this about saving space at the cost of iridium? Especially in a tightly place like your home? Glass fibre is even more exception in this situation.

then i was mis-informed as to the functionality of the teleportes long ago and never really looked into it.

so apart from making a brutal electric fence then i suppose the Iridium Wire doesn;t have all that much use unless you just don;t feel like using Glass Cables.

i suppose most people would really need 2048 going through their house for short range transport anyways, lol. ok so scrap the Iridium Wire idea, unless someone really wants to make a large brutal electric fence out of it larger then one using HV-Cables

I was making a point given them the same amount of EU to transport. you can do the calculation with 2048 with EW to see how long it reaches if you want. In the end EW will move those 2048 EU of energy the same distance as the glass fiber will move 512 of energy.

And dammit can we stop the super quotes, they are becoming a sore in the eyes.

it would got like 80 blocks shorter or so, but it would be sending 4 times more packets, you'd be sending 4 packets of 512 instead of 1 packet of 2048, this could be used to help minimize Server Strain alittle bit, not make, but every little bit helps. it would also be more space efficient when running the wires through your house and you wouldn't be gaining any real advantages other then saving space at the cost of iridium.

oh and Teleports can accept 2018, so you could power them more efficiently

well i don't abuse the Solar Panels when others are online on purpose, but sometimes they are left on by accident, and i didn;t make them, i forcefully removed them from the other players on my server that made them. what i do with them is charge lapotron crystals when no one is online, and they use the lapotron crystals as their power sources for their house, so they only need 1 or 2 lapotron crystals a day, that way the panels do not need to keep running. also, i personally use 8 reactors, 24 geo thermals, and 12 regular generators running off a cactus scrapping farm. i resist solar panel usage unless i'm the only one online. then i'm just like "screw it, i reap what i sow!" and bite the bullet and turn on the solar panel array for an hour or 2, shut off the solar panels and then usually restart the actual server for it's own sake. lol. so as i said before, i just think it would be nice to not have to turn them off all the time and only use them when no one else is on. so as to what this thread is about.

please fashion a way for generators to unite power and send 1 packet of 512 instead of 512 packets of 1EU in any way possible. i could care less as to how much space it takes up in the long run.

And RP doesnt even use that much energy that justify having huge amounts of Solar panels yet.

and like spawn kindly listed, there are many ways to abuse the other generators in a way that wont completely fuck over the Server CPU and in the end can even cost a lot less than building 512 solar panels.

the only realy reason i use Solar Panels at all is AFK Mass Fabrication while i'm asleep and at work for a total of 15 totals a day, it's nit to come home to 4-5 stacks of matter while i was away. however; this is on My Server that i spent $800 setting up so the other people that play on it can't exactly bitch at me for doing it, but i still feel like a douch when i forget to turn them off or if i have to leave them on and the other people on my serverend up suffering from it. once i get home i turn off the cable feed from my solar panels and shut them off and switch over to my Reactors and Geothermal Generators. i'd just like to have that little extra kick of energy from my solar panels 24/7 without screwing over everyone else when they want to play on my server while i'm at work.

i do have to admit, it's far easier just using 8 Reactors over 3,000 solar panels for the same amount of energy. maybe for the time being i'll just make 256 MFSUs and charge them with everything i got on mondays, then turn it all off and drain them over a week and leave all my generators off-line, lol. i'll test this when i get home today if i have enough diamonds to make that many.

I think you are comparing potatos with tomatos with the iridium heat sink. And i did not noticed your reasoning of the EV wire maybe because i was too busy bitching about something else let me check it.

i think i simply confused you with the word Dispenser, i'm looking for the innovation of an Iridium "Heat Sink", like the thing attached to the processor on your computers motherboard, not a transferance.

Iridium Heat Dispensers: would cause the same amount of Heat Transferance, but cause the reactor to lose .5 heat up from the current reactor heat dispensers .1 so they would not do anything drastic, basically would just be like adding half a coolant cell to the equation.

Iridium wire: you could use a Hazmat suit i suppose, or maybe allow Rubber Boots to present electric damage when walking above the lines? that way you could stil travel along the lines as long as your not trying to nuzzles the sides of it, lol. also if you have a quantum chest, i think you'd have little to fear.

... People really need to get a good reading of my posts (Either that or i need to express myself in less subtle ways), i dont technically agree with every idea listed. I think its the second post of this thread when i mention it.

yes, i read your post.

you were saying that the iridium heat dispensers would cause the reactor to explode 4 times faster. i'm assuming that you are thinking i ment as in a Heat Transfer as the current heat dispensers do. i think i may have mis-spoken as to the functionality of the Iridium Heat Sink. the function of the Iridium Heat Sink would be to disperse heat from the reactor all together more effectively, the current Integrated Reactor Plating provides 0.1 cooling power per cycle, coolant cells provide 1, Reaction Chambers provide 2 cooling power, ect.. ok so an Iridium Heat Sink would cause .4 or .5 Coolant per cycle and would function the same as the Current Integrated Reactor Plating in terms of Heat Transferance. so using 2 Iridium Heat Sinks instead of Integrated Heat Dispensers would be like adding an extra Coolant cell INSIDE the current Heat Dispenser or placing 1 more block of water against the outside. it's not much, but it's alittle better at keeping it colder.

i also as for the Iridium Wiring i figured you understood the reasoning and were not longer against the idea of the Iridium wires for an additional EV use because i gave a logical and exact application to why they would be used and needed and you didn't counter-post/bitch about it. instead, you combatted sebra about the "uridium cells" lol

yes but doesn't that also cause them to burn out faster? or are they garunteed to last a full hour regardless of how many are touching it, i was under the impression that uranium cells died off by the count of uranium pulses, not actual time inside the reactor. actually, inbox me the responce, that way this thread doesn;t get sidetracked again. then this thread would fall under a Discussion and not a suggestion.

An there is a reason that a UUM-Recipe for Uranium does not exist.

i was actually wondering that earlier today, i was going to try and research it or discover it later. thanks for saving me the trouble. i'll stick with turning it into other more useful stuff like Lapis :p

Edit: how ever, upon further thought, 1mill EUs=1 matter, so even if 1 matter made 1 uranium ore, then it would be essientially making UUM into 1 mill EU batteries, however i'd recommend if a UUM recipie is ever added, make it cost 6 matter to make 1-2 ore, then if a player wanted to they could make those into nearly depleted cells and then make full uranium cells with ALOT of effort, basically turning 6 million energy into, 18 million over 2-3 hours with enough skill in Breeder Reactors.

now, back to the topic at handle!

ideas 1-4 are agreed as good ideas to my knowledge, if anyone has any comments, concerns, balancing issues, ect. as to the applications of these innovations, let me know and i'll think of an even more balanced form.

ok, so... so far everyone agrees with my ideas, apart from Keymaster not wanting to use the advanced reactor components? don't worry keymaster, i wouln't mechanically or physically make you use advanced reactor inner components, you can stick with your solar panels. :)

Because then people would complain that the recipe its too expensive for the amount of Solar panels they are investing in, and instead would keep building more regular solar panels like morons to not lose any energy. This is a war that regular people cant win against with the use of submods for ic2.

in my opinion let them bitch and argue about it being "to expensive" to turn your Solar Panels into an Array. after all, they aren;t being forced to make an array, and once you have enough solar panels to craft them into an array to minumalize server stress then they should have the materials for it anyways, if not, then they are retarded. furthermor, if you make a Solar Array / Assembly "to expensive" then maybe it will force those morons to go to using Reactors. and since solar is an infinate energy source then it is priceless and cannot be judged as "too expensive" in my opinion. even if the cost required a diamond per panel and was tripled some how i'd still build the arrays. i mean hell, if you get even 20 regular Solar Panels and a Mass Fabricator, just leave your computer on over night to generate matter and use that for the increase in expenses of the Solar Array. In the end, i think the solar array is a great idea, however, i don;t care if it takes up 1 block, or 50,000 blocks, atleast if it takes up 50,000 blocks it looks impressive and people see that it took you FOREVER to make and place that many at the top of the world. 50,000 solar panels to me is probly more impressive to see then the 1 to 1 scale ratio of The Starship Enterprise. As long as a solution is found to minimalize solar panel strain on a server, i could care less what the method is. i am all for then taking up my entire sky if they can still cause 1 Solar Panel with 511 "Attached Solar Panels" attached to create packets of 512.

plus 512 sp near a MFSU is very simple and not uncommon. Most don't go past about 800-900 because the MFSU will cap out and not be able to output the energy through its day and night cycles anyways lol...

i currently have all my solar pannels feeding 4 MFSUs with electrolizers, close to each other. then those each branch off and feed 4 more each, those split, 1 goes to my house, 3 go to my central energy storage facility for 4 mass fabricators running at 6X so capping them out is rarely a problem. thats why i use my reactors for burst energy as well with EV and transformers, so i usually have about 2,000/t at 512 going through a line at all times, burst close to 5,000/t.

i suppose i don't really care or mind if they comepletely block out my sky, i'll just take black wool, torches, and glowstone and create an artificial night time sky, lol. however. i have a similar solution to what seems like you have started running with. is there a way to make "attachable / modular" solar panels? for exacmple, make a recipie that requires 1 solar panel and 2 tin wires that attaches to the side of a regular Solar Panel and increases it's power by 1 per attached panel to to a max of 35 blocks from the original Solar Panel, but no more then 511 Attached Solar Panels to regular Solar Panel, this would still use the same materials, actually even alittle extra tin cable, still take up the same amount of space, and would cause a plain regular Solar Panel to output singular packets of 512EU/t. i'd imagine it would stack against each other very similarly to scaffolding.