Posts by Snoochy

so basically kmanderson radiation is already implemented its just rolled in with the heat the reactor makes.
    so the next time you want to suggest realism ask your self this "is this realistic for a world where I can carry 1 cubic meter of molten rock in an open tin bucket in my pants?"

lol, or 200 metric tons of cobblestone. i bet that would be one hell of a balancing act.... performed by superman :D

I see what yous mean, just thought since nuclear reactors can deliver so much power there should be a little more risk (apart from them having the possibility to crater your home)

they do have hazards :) 40% anything flammable catches fire (burn done your house or forest), 50% external water blocks used as coolant start evaporating (starts heating up faster), 70% everything in a 7x7x7 area starts taking radiation damage (will kill you if your AFK and the reactor starts heating up), 85+ blocks nearby start turning to lava and the reactor heats up even faster cause of the lava, (house burns down, you die, you burn, if in the air will cause "Lava"falls) if your trying to run a breeder reactor then they are VERY hazardous to most people. one guy on my server has already blown up like 4 or 5 reactors trying to figure out Breeders.

Edit: My CASUC reactor always have a ice block "Flood Bath" and catch/return system so that it will never get over 5%. i'm steering away from the CASUC reactors though except maybe abunch of small 9 Uranium Cell ones that require minor amounts of coolant.

...UUM is quiet hard to achieve so a UUM-Waterfall is a valid argument.

i think i'll do that when i get home tonight, i think i'll have more then enough UUM to set that up on a 5th floor of my factory, i'll just have like 12gold pipes shoot it innacurratly against a wall across the room and then "flow" down the wall into the Return line :D i'll have an on/off switch though so that when players with slightly slower computers can still come around. :) but i'll deffinately record it and put it on youtube :D

7x7x7 is enough for me to set up a fully automated Redpowerbased Megafactory. with 9x9x9 i could also add a Coalhydrator and a Reminer (places block and breaks it immidiately, usefull for decompress Clay/Snowblocks)

lol, in which case you could create "modular" facilities to sell from a Trade-o-mat. just have your trade-o-mat label as "automated 64/sec iceblock generator" or "Compressed CASUC Reactor" in which case people could buy an already set up CASUC Reactor from you if they have no idea how to set one up, and then they just place the pumpkin to make the Snow Golem, cap it off, and run the cable.

I'm pretty sure most people don't know how to create a redstone counter, and even if they do, it's hard to read how much power it has used in binary. It is also very inaccurate and limited. You can only see it in multiples of 40k/600k/10m and you are limited to using 32/128/512 EU/t, unless you make many, which then starts to be very costy, and even more inaccurate.

you can make it easier or harder depending on how much you know about redstone, if you really wanted you could do what my basic setup if and have a huge wall/line of MFSUs. for example, i have 15 in a column and they drain basically the exaclt same as a tank of water, i can go up and see how many are drained down to the bottom. if all 10 drain i could set it up so that a redstone torch is triggered with an AND Gate and have it turn 1 torch on, and then it refills and turns the gate back off, keeping that 1 torch set for the And Gate open, then when and if it triggers again, then that's another 150 million EUS used and it triggers the same wire and toggles the next AND Gate. you can set that setup with as many MFSUs as you see fit. if you don't a redstone counter or clock at all then keep stacking more and more MFSUs, if you don;t want to waste your diamonds then you can make research and learn to make a perfect Redstone Ticker Clock. there are even Tutorial videos as to have to make a perfect Redstone Digital Clock. you could integrate that is it only takes up like a 8 by 12 by 10 area i believe. the difficulty of it all depends on you. don't i'm completely hating on you cause i think it's a bad idea. it's a fairly good idea, however what your wanting to accomplish is already very much possible with relative ease. also say we did make this counter device, what if someone on your server up and decides (i want to max out the output of 6-12 MassFabs, they will be using 3072EU/t*(the ammount of MassFabs) and would drain like 37,000eu/t, at that case they would suck all your energy dry and screw over everyone else on your server cause then you would have 0 power. and if you had hundreds of MSFUs then that number would get way up in the billions if not more if you were on vacation for like 2-3 weeks. you'd come back and your EU counter would look like 515,263,457,865,345,6345,456... if it could even display all those numbers. i'd just set up enough MFSUs that each person thinks they can handle and once it runs dry they hand you (X amount of items for payment) and you refill their weekly allowance. if you leave for like 2 weeks and screw everyone over then just open up your reserve lines and give them a week of free power.

I would've added Radiation to ON nuclearreactors so that you need to wall around the reactor and have to swithc it off before going into the room, but i is already denied so theres nothing we can do with it, except you want to do it like the Lightningrodsuggesters, and just Spam Radiationthreads every once week.

For that case i would borrow Alblakas Shotgun to BAM, DIE STALKER! 8)

well if your running a 70%+ breeder reactor you have to do that anyways because at 70% i think you start taking radiation/burn damage.

It will compress an 8x8x8 area next to it.Or eventually a 9x9x9 with the compressor being the center, turning itself into the cell (and thus requiring you to craft multiple ones if you want to carry multiple setups).

:thumbup: i love it! :thumbup:

Isn't 7x7x7 enough?

not if your going to have a 2 story building with optimal effective machines by having the generatoror batbox in the middle of the wall. and then have the cables coming out the side with machines under, next to and on top of the cable. and then there is the roof of the first floor/floor of the second floor, then a similar setup upstairs, also with a bed you'll need the roof to be 3 tall. 9 by 9 by 9 allows "foundation", 3 block first floor, story devider, 3 block second floor and finally the roof.

Edit: or if you actually want it to look like a little cottage with a really nice roof instead of a modular block.

i think single use lubricant is the best use so far cause it's also the closest thing we have to Oil in the game (not including BC cause it's a different mod). rubber supply is the second best. Slime Gun to stick enemies in place is next (specially spiders when low on hunger or creepers when they are right outside your door. maybe make it put a slimy "soulsand" effect on all blocks in a 5 by 5 area? explosions in this slimy area do not cause damage to structures (similar to the affect you get when a creeper detenates in water).

Hello,
    I posted this on my phone so i didnt see the search bit, and it wasent to really add realism just add a bit more danger perhaps, since its anuclear reactor, make the risks a bit higher. I peorsonaly dont htink i adds anyything oiverpowerd to make anytyhing easier for anyone quite the opposite:D

Well just a thought:)

usually things that only make life harder get rejected, especially if there is no way to gain from it, and even more especially if it causes an already hazardous mechanic to because even more hazardous when 75% of people don;t even use it anyways because it is to hazardous for them to understand and deal with. so when your making a suggestion think to yourself about who might want this in the game, who might not, what kind of deteriments and benefits are gained from it, will it better the minecraft experience, does it cause an imbalance in stuff that already exsists, does it itself seem like a reasonable idea that everyone might like. if you think even 25% of the people might say no, then think of a way that it might appeal to them as well.

here is a great one! put a Slime ball in an upgrade slot of any Machine and have it as a Single use -50% Eu cost, that way we could use like 10-16 overclockers in one machine and then put in a stack of slime (lubricant) and a stack of ores into a macerator and almost instantly recieve all the macerated goods at 1/2 the cost. this would be a single use for the slime balls that would make them widely wanted and used to almost all players! :D

keep in mind players harvest far more ores and coal then they do slimeballs. even now, daily my town makes about 4 stacks of slime balls, but over 30 stacks of maceratable goods. also if you spend your time hunting or farming slimes then you'll be taking time away from gathering your ores. i feel this is a fairly basic trade-off.

i also agree with it's use of mixing with scrap fer fertalizer, maybe have it replace a Water Cell in a CFoam recipie, i agree with Sticky Dynamite and maybe put in it an extractor for 2 rubber? :D

no, because this is an incredibly over powered form of a fuel alternative. this would almost cause generators (the first and most basic tier 1) to compete with a Nuclear reactor on how easy they are to run for the amount of EUs you can gain.

edit: if you REALLY want to, there is a Addon for it under the IC2 Addon's or Pending Addons forum.

But it should be like i said.

agreed, i'm sure the air in the nether is alot hotter and contains brimstone dust and sulpher which netherwort requires, just like how Overworld plants would require CO2 and nitrogen. also soulsand could cause who knows what kind of problems in the regular world (can you say Doom 3?) lol i'd keep that Soul Feasting, fiery mushroom of doom in hell where it belongs. lol

Please Decraft couple of Coal to UUM for me.

?... what the hell are you talking about? lol. we are talking about "Decrafting" a machine into basic components, like toss in a Solar Panel and get 3 glass, 3 coal dust, 8 iron dust, 8 cobblestone, 4 tin dust, 10 redstone dust, 6 copper dusts. or maybe alittle less of a break down, 3 glass, 3 coal dust, 2 electric cuircuts, and a generator.

ahhh, ok, well here goes the rest of my day, haha

also, not to hate on you or anything but that is an awefule design, your using 10 cells to get the same amount of power that you could get out of 4 cells. here is an idea.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…1k101010037ps011111101110

at the very least, this could help you better understand the interaction of Uranium Cells with each other for power production and efficientcy of your cells.