Posts by Snoochy

you shoot down my idea for the whole thread and then go make your own thread which is virtually a carbon copy of my idea!

lol, honostly dude i was never trying to shoot down your idea, i was trying to find a balancing element about it whcih kept getting side swiped back over into the either useless or overpowered side. i feel this idea of simply adding a single item that you'l use in a recipie with another item would not only be easy on the coders who would be implimenting the idea but also would appease everyone that have made the 5 or 6 similar suggestions in the past. and is still relatively material balanced and would be considered very end game.

p.s. you already "carbon copied" my exact same idea but downgraded it from energy items to bronze that you can repair on the go and made a thread about it. i was only trying to help man so relax. it's not about "whose idea it was" it's the fact that it is an idea that some of us would like to get passed and implimented.

[quote='passinglurker',index.php?page=Thread&postID=50396#post50396]it's also alot easier to code, operate, and maintain. and when have sheering a sheep or tapping rubber been anything creating an Overpowering element? even with the Electric treetap you can tap out like 8 stacks of resin per charge. it's just aggrivating having to carry it around or not having it when you need it.

this is a very quick and easy alternative to shut all of them down, this isn;t really a swiss army knife idea, this is a "add one thing to the best tool already and use it for almost everything. you'd still need a diamond drill to harvest obsidian. and a nano-saber will still be more powerful. with this you also wouldn;t need all those tool box suggestions.

Because you then have a more efficient recycler than the recycler itself.

time wise perhaps, but efficiency wise you'd have to make it less efficient material wise.

Edit: P.s. since and MFSU require 10 diamonds, if it awarded 20 scraps then it would also appease the masses that are begging and pleading for a recycler that takes into consideration of the rarity of the materials.

so here's the idea: The Iridium Bayonet. it's a knife that you could attach to the end of a mining laser to allow it to sheer sheer and tap into Resin Holes with it's left-click "melee attack" it could also do the damage equal to an iron Sword when your Mining Laser runs out of energy and you have nothing else to stab that spider with :D
    recipe would be like this:

:Iridium::Iridium::Refined Iron:
    ....:Refined Iron::Mining Laser:
    ........ :Refined Iron:

if its just topped up with metal it won't need a crafting table if steve can make nuclear reactors with just a hammer and saw then he could repair bronze tools with his bare hands(or he could be using the very tool he is repairing).

and just to make sure we don't lose track the basic idea was(boiled down even more)
    [some bronze tools]+[plus undetermined item]=[a tool that can efficiently fill the role of multiple tools]

or we could add an Iridium Bayonet to the Mining laser so that is can sheer sheep and stap into Resin Holes. then you got everything your looking for in a machine.

it would clear all blocks evenly, stone, dirt, cobble, trees, ect. (low focus), it could tap into trees, sheer sheer and mooshrroms, can be used as a weapon when nothing else is there. is rechargable/repairable. ect...

Actually i was think of a kind of cable for tests... difficult circuits that need to be tested before enter into function... if i setup something compact with different EU input machines (and i haven't trasformer upgrade), before i switch energy on, i want to test it before i blow up everything...
    For an expert player is nearly useless, but for noobs and complex design is a "try again" opportunity...

i became an expert because of numerous noob mistakes. you'll never become the best if you are never challenged to push yourself to your limits. blow a few things up on accident :) it's good for you in the end :D

meh, maybe the shift click with visable texture - default would be in the back. changing can be done with shift clicking (no redstone consumed?)

how about shift+Click With Redstone Dust in order to coat that side of the storage device with redstone enabling it to send signals. you could Coat any of the Input faces but not the output face since it would have a cable in it anyways.

i think its an good idea,

but theres not realy an need i think. ;)

i think its a good idea too, because my main problem is when i'm trying to change the redstone output setting when the stoarge unit if against a transformer it inverts the signal and explodes everything. granted i don;t make that mistake anymore but it'd be nice to not have to worrk about that nonsence.

you going about it wrong its like food not every thing is sweet but if you learn to appreciate the unique flavor sourness or bitterness brings it makes the whole dish better(semi-related i'm a fan of 72% dark chocolate)

or it could be like "this game isn't fast paced enough for me, i want to be able to run 500% run speed and shoot 200 arrows a minute while i fly through the air at enemies that are by no means designed to be tolerant to such game play." that is called "cheating"

or you could use a luminator to draw current and have a splitter cable shut the power off between it and the power source. then when you open the splitter cable it'll turn the detector cable back on. (basically the same thing as the induction furnace but cheaper and smaller.

(redstone signal)...............
    (Power Source)---(Detector Cable)---(Splitter cable)---(Luminator)
    ...................................|
    .......................................(lever)

i suppose Sand+Slime=Clay would be an ok use as well. i think it makes more sence and would probly rather it replace the Water Cell in the CFoam recipie though since Slimes are mainly watery. maybe have a slime ball replace the water cell and have a recipe for Slime+resin+sand=clay balls?

slimeballs as an oil lube sounds alright but the rarity of slime's puts this near one of the road blocks of the lightning rod suggestion

lol, slimes are by no means rare, specially if you build your base right, which i accidently did. i'll go watch a movie and come back and something have like 10 large slimes 4 medium slimes and 6-10 small slimes loving up on my house inside my city. it's rediculous, now i'm starting to get a surplus of slime balls and have been recycling them cause they are worthless. i'd greatly appriciate a use for them, like an efficiency lubricant, especially since a massively overclocked Macerator costs like 350,000 eu's per stack.