Posts by passinglurker

make lab equipment that uses your experience points to convert rotten flesh or bones in to uranium fragments like an IC2 enchanting table almost. that way you have to kill them your self. its perfect for late game cause you've mined everything near your base so mob hunting becomes everyones new hobby cause they are bored

how about extracting uranium(or a new fissionable material) from the undead after all why do you think bone meal makes plants grow fast and rotten flesh makes you emit glowing green bubbles? it won't be "free!" free cause you have to go zombie hunting but it will mean you won't have to move your base when you tap all the local uranium

i'm thinking making redstone not energy crystals (artificial red stone + artificial diamond = artificial energy crystal)

hmm you could cook red wool to make redash then put 8 of them in a crafting table with a glass bottle to make redwater then back in the furnace to cook it down to redpaste and then put 8 red pastes around a copper ore block to make a redplastered block and then in the furnace one last time the molten copper ore will wick the redpaste inside and mix with it and out pops a redore block which you proceed to bash into dust with your pickaxe.

lets see what would be need for industrial redstone? well first you need something red so throw in some rose dye then you need some thing sorta living i guess (SACRIFICE A PIG! jk) mabey throw in some apples(also red) or some of those magical undead bones(heck redstone probably reanimated them in the first place) now it needs some thing earthy more coal? or maybe copper for conductivity? and then how do you put it all together? any thoughts?

Shouldnt this be a cooling cell surrounded by iridium?

not really tin cells are made with 4 pieces(which turn out 16 cells), and even iridium plates don't use that much iridium. oh wait you were disputing the tin not how much iridium it uses(lol derpy me) let me try again

advanced IRL nuclear designs have suggested using molten metal such as sodium or lead as a reactor coolant because these materials can hold more heat and still conduct it away as a fluid this is simply a translation of that concept in to IC2. as for using a cooling cell if you ask me all that would get you is a cooling cell that can last to 20000 heat but since its still just water its not going to be more effective. also note I said tin BLOCK not ingot

why not mine with a Mining Laser and LapPack? :D then it's more like playing minecraft and an FPS at the same time. also if the laser if set for long range you can shoot through thin walls and still one shot anything.

how do you think i mine towards end game? my problem is when i start a new world it takes a while for me to get started with industrial craft cause you have to make that first trip to bottom with nothing more than a crude pick and your wits for your lapiz and gold and stuff(not so much diamonds I save all my coal for that. a stack of coal is a diamond after all) come to think of why not have a redstone equivalent to industrial diamonds?

so aside from my reason for suggesting them do you actually have a problem with these ideas?

the devs also said redwheat could be breed with out any equipment under the right condition's(i'm going to guess conditions that are good for all plants(naturally fertile and moist biomes at high altitude with dumb luck)) so putting it at a equal or higher tier to ferru is unlikely (couldn't hurt to try but i have my doubts). also the devs usually don't make us rely on magic (this is a tech mod the two should be separate) so I don't think redwheat will need redstone ore (but if you find a stubborn wheat plot with a slight pink tint(not saying that's what it looks like) it again couldn't hurt to try)

I've lurked around here long enough to already know about the super fuel already

basically all this stuff is redstone free energy (I don't like spelunking (I can handle getting lost and monsters separately but not at the same time(that and caves are filled with creepy noises)) and shaft mining almost always seems to end in spelunking for me as a try to reach the layers redstone is found) so when I get redstone I want to be able to stretch it pretty far especially early game. think about it in your first 2 days you could find a creeper, a rubber tree, and a cliff side copper ore to power your bootstrapping equipment with. the melon battery idea I got from a blutrisity-EU crossover mod that eloraam went out of her way to shutdown and I personally though it was clever(you can't burn melon slices directly(not sure about making melon biofuel though)). the fly wheel idea is more an experiment I saw that powerful but expensive generally doesn't fly here so I decided to try some thing cheap and dangerous

I am impressed. I would expect most to stop at "here are some pics speak up if you want details"

its seems the holy-grail every one is after at the moment is redwheat a crop that drops red stone no one has seemed to breed it yet all we know is it has a light level requirement(ie not 15). I haven't succeeded yet but i suspect its a cross of roses and wheat(no source code just hand wavy logic).

here is another idea. a fly wheel

the basic idea is its a battery that can theoretically absorb an unlimited amount or EU, but the EU will begin to discharge if it is idle(no eu coming in) and the more eu that is pumped in the more of a chance there is for the flywheel to explode(class 1 explosion like a ghast can only explode when gaining eu above a certain point(5000 eu?)). the eu/t should be relative to how much is stored

there would be two versions

one that is crafted by making a circle of smooth stone slabs with wires in the corners
    and another which is crafted the same but there is a piece of redstone in the middle. this version will halt the discharge at 5000eu

the fly wheel can be worn like a chest piece and will reduce damage like batpaks already do but each time it does there is a chance for explosion if charged past a certain point(5000 eu?).