Suggestion: Late game substitute for solar-panels: Satellites.

• Move a few Posts upwards i've already suggested that (next to a Solaridea) and got pwned. :(

lol, that you did it seems, i'd actually probly prefer to see the laser that way i don;t get curious and try to look down the hole of someone's roof like an underground base to see what is in the hole and get fried by an invisible laser :p they could be made from a laser but give it a texture like Water has so that it looks like the beams are coming down and not just some typical laser.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• just send the satellite up with a chest of lapatron crystals it can drop them back to earth like meteorites for you to recover the energy and by the time it runs out its orbit would have decayed. or have the satellite use its immense power to start lightning storms but I think I would get flamed into oblivion for suggesting that.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• just send the satellite up with a chest of lapatron crystals it can drop them back to earth like meteorites for you to recover the energy and by the time it runs out its orbit would have decayed. or have the satellite use its immense power to start lightning storms but I think I would get flamed into oblivion for suggesting that.

lol, that would be an interesting idea, or have it just condense the solar energy into "sun-crystals" and drops those freely down to "Earth" these could be used like single use Lapotron crystals that are not rechargable. maybe even be able to place these as a "torch" if your able to do that and maintain the "durability" if the crystal. i'd totally use these as torches in my house and place them on shelves untill i needed them for energy.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• naaa id'e rather have a radioactive lava lamp to replace my torches

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• naaa id'e rather have a radioactive lava lamp to replace my torches

lol, those too, maybe have them virtually the same thing? i'd imagine a roundish lava lamp, due to perfectly square shapes, would look alot like a glowing yellow-orange diamond looking crystal.

• Don't you think if it is invisible and deadly you would die if you forget. :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal:

Random MinecraftCreeper and :Nuke TNT: ... Did I make my house out of nukes?
    Crud, Everybody evacuate the area now got get to the closest... wait is that a :Reactor:
    <speaks to himself> There goes my life of my energy. :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :pinch:

• Don't you think if it is invisible and deadly you would die if you forget. :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal:

i think that was his point :p

• Agreed too. Oh, that was quoted from me, than i confirm it.

i figured as much, lol. if that were the case i'd have a ring of glass around my house and bury my collection dishes and have several of them around my house, so if someone tried to come across the glass ring in the wrong spots they'd fry. this would be more of an anti-player defence but i'm sure some people could use that as griefing.

• Official Post

i figured as much, lol. if that were the case i'd have a ring of glass around my house and bury my collection dishes and have several of them around my house, so if someone tried to come across the glass ring in the wrong spots they'd fry. this would be more of an anti-player defence but i'm sure some people could use that as griefing.

aaand i guess microwaves can't go through opaque blocks :D (unless you use RP2 microblocks that aren't)

• why you all noobs want "press X to win" ???

wtf? I can't tell if you're just trolling or really just this ignorant..
    have you even READ the thread? ?(

this sort of tech would be insanely difficult to build, it would be the absolute LAST thing you would build. Furthermore, it brings with it the dangers of destroying landscape, destroying your structures. It carries with it much risk.

and also, there is no clear definition of a winning scenario for this mod. For the game yes, to reach the end. But this is Industrialcraft2, some people could consider getting a reactor up and running their endgame. Others could consider other paths to be the endgame, terraforming the nether, etc..

• wtf? I can't tell if you're just trolling or really just this ignorant..
    have you even READ the thread? ?(

this sort of tech would be insanely difficult to build, it would be the absolute LAST thing you would build. Furthermore, it brings with it the dangers of destroying landscape, destroying your structures. It carries with it much risk.

and also, there is no clear definition of a winning scenario for this mod. For the game yes, to reach the end. But this is Industrialcraft2, some people could consider getting a reactor up and running their endgame. Others could consider other paths to be the endgame, terraforming the nether, etc..

my "End Game" consists of making a fully automated warehouse that can do and make everything that 20 players could in the same amount of time, from crop planting, harvesting, creation of nuclear reactors, growing crops, mining, sorting, auto-smelting ores into dusts and bars then making them into blocks, fully automated Super-Fuel Facility. ect.

• Official Post

my "End Game" consists of making a fully automated warehouse that can do and make everything that 20 players could in the same amount of time, from crop planting, harvesting, creation of nuclear reactors, growing crops, mining, sorting, auto-smelting ores into dusts and bars then making them into blocks, fully automated Super-Fuel Facility. ect.

That is also my "end game" plan :D
    and having a high-tech T4 generator would be very fun, it could be also used as a global weapon haha (set X,Z target)

• That is also my "end game" plan :D
    and having a high-tech T4 generator would be very fun, it could be also used as a global weapon haha (set X,Z target)

we should join forces! lolz

• I wish minecraft would have space :D space station+ic2=EPICNESS :DD

would be interesting but i think that's more of a Rocket Science Mod thing, not so much Industrial. unless we pretty much turn this into "Harvest Moon" lolz

• would be interesting but i think that's more of a Rocket Science Mod thing, not so much Industrial. unless we pretty much turn this into "Harvest Moon" lolz

with the new height limit, you can just use zeppelin mod and just build and elevator around a tin cable so you got yourself a space elevator. Or of course you can use rocket science and simply fly up there, but either works.
    then just build your station at the top of the world, I tried it in creative and the concept works. I'm still waiting for rocket science to update so I can go to MC1.23 already