Posts by Peter110

Hey, thanks for the positive response! I only wanted to nerf it a little, but we could probably have several types or use the upgrade system somehow?
    It had some mob repelling ability before, but I think it was a bug. It set fire to hostile mobs nearby.

*sigh* Another person who doesn't know Minecraft's lighting mechanics.

The maximum light level possible is 15.
    Luminators emit light level 15, which is the same as RP2 lamps, lava and glowstone. They only appear to emit light level 14 as the blocks directly adjacent to it (not diagonal) are light level 14.
    Torches emit light level 14.
    (You can find this by looking at the bl value from your Minecraft debug screen. The sl and rl values stand for sunlight and real light respectively).

The only way luminators can emit more light is using Factorization's method, which is to add "glowing" air blocks that emit light level 15 around the luminator.

*sigh* Another person who doesn't know Minecraft's lighting mechanics.

The maximum light level possible is 15.
    Luminators emit light level 15, which is the same as RP2 lamps, lava and glowstone. They only appear to emit light level 14 as the blocks directly adjacent to it (not diagonal) are light level 14.
    Torches emit light level 14.
    (You can find this by looking at the bl value from your Minecraft debug screen. The sl and rl values stand for sunlight and real light respectively).

The only way luminators can emit more light is using Factorization's method, which is to add "glowing" air blocks that emit light level 15 around the luminator.

I actually knew some part of that, but not the "glowing airblocks" system. If it isn't really possible, it is too hard to implement or no interest, then fine. I just hate placing my lamps in the floor.

We all know the luminators and their smart placing, don't we?
    Even if it uses EU, it is still quite cool and gives the game a bit of industrial realism.
    But we also know that their reach is as big as the RedPower2 lamps, a torch or some glowstone. This means it doesn't come with any further benefits, other that looking good.
    What I feel we really could need is a little expansion to it's range. If I make a big industrial workshop with CF-walls and a 4 block high ceiling, I would need a tremendus amount of luminators to prevent mobs from spawning, which aren't too cheap and still cost energy.
    With a little more reach the problem would be solved. No more mob-fighting inside the house, no more creepers breaking luminators and other machines! Wouldn't that be nice?

I had the same problem. There is a program called mIDas wich you can use to change the IDs.
    It is easy to use, follow the instructions in the help.txt.
    The only catch is that you have to invest half an hour reading item IDs from the old config and the new one. Then write the old item IDs and the new ones like this:
    OLDID -> NEWID
    OLDID -> NEWID
    OLDID -> NEWID
    Run the program with the textfile and remember to delete the ic2_map.cfg before you start the server.
    All should be fixed!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/…changer-v031-open-source/

I've got the latest java, of course. OptiFine is also installed and the PC is a laptop/notebook which does stand ventilated.
    It appears the E-Net is buggy. It takes too much of my CPU, which results in lag. It wasn't that laggy in the last version I had installed (1.2.5).

Thanks, but I managed it!
    I used mIDas, but I had to write all the item IDs from 1.2.5 to 1.4.6 manually, so that the program could fix the blocks.
    The world is now playable again! It only lags slightly, because of the IC2 beta.

Yes, I am.
    After a good amout of digging i found mIDas GOLD. I think I need to use that.
    Has anyone here had past experiences with it, or some other way of solving the problem?
    I'm really not getting hang of it. I used all the config files, but the world looked so terrible afterwards that I don't want to talk about it. (Poor Mass-Fabricators...)

I now think I found out what went wrong!
    When you wrote "I:" I used an L (l) instead, which resulted in that gigantic crash!
    After trying to use 1.3.2 first and then 1.4.6 I lost all my redpower items. If I used the 1.2.5 directly in 1.4.6 we get the ID conflict. I solved the ID conflict as you told me to do, but now RedPower2 needs the IDs I gave IC2. Trying to auto assign or delete all configs and start anew did not work at all.
    Now I humbly ask if anyone please can help and guide me trough this, so that I finally can accsess my Atlantis again!
    Without you, I am truly lost...

I'm still getting the error.
    It has something with flowers and crops to do, but more I do not know!
    Every time I join the world is black (and I am still drunk) and on the console I get an error.

EDIT: After some testing, i found out that only the region files don't work. Everything else works fine, but our buildings are in those files. I suppose I could use MCedit, but it would be very strange to have the world generated new with old homes. And besides, I don't think that it would solve the problem. The crops are in the homes.

Crash report: