Posts by jppk1

If you really want to know(doesn't contain a recipe)...

Sorry for resurrecting it, but I'm trying to make it now and... What happens when cycle ends? Reactor is filled with buckets? And you have to put them back to deployers manually?

Also, if i'm ok with 1.5k eu/t, can i skip making top deployers/filters, and use only 18 buckets in reactor (and 8 in filters, 4 full/4empty)?

It just gets filled with buckets except for the slots that have near-depleted cells. You'll have to manually move them back but it's not too much of a hassle.
    You can use it with half the deployers/filters, that's how the design was originally made, it'll work fine with a 6x6 square of uranium and a 1560EU/t output. It worked with 21 buckets, not sure about 18.

-snip-

Yeah, it's like we aren't playing the game if we automate the processor of standing next to the machines inserting ores and whatnot into them and collecting the products. It actually allows me to do something else than craft waste 15 minutes of my time on crafting 20 nuclear reactors or [insert an often crafted object here]. The fun part is that you just said that it's fun and challenging to just stand there fixing the machines constantly. If this gets implemented I'll just want a config option to turn it off, not something that forces me to play on peaceful.

That still takes a lot of time and more resources, getting slimeballs in vanilla for a few blast furnaces can take quite a while, although you could just automate it with a forestry tree farm. By the point you have the slimeballs you could easily be already farming RM with EE. I'll express my thoughts like so: "still more balanced than EE lol"

The solar panels produce 1EU/t packets that do not (automatically) stack with each other. Glass fiber has a loss of 1EU/t per 20(or 40?) blocks, so the energy just disappears after traveling 20 blocks of glass fiber cable. Some of the energy from the solar panels is also lost to the copper cables, as they lose 1EU/t every 5 blocks.You should rather connect the solar panels with tin cable and use a LV-transformer to convert the energy into MV(128EU/t) before the 60-block long line of glass fiber cable and then convert it back to LV before the batbox with another transformer.

More?

Yes, regulator regulating works, got a prototype. I'll post it later. One thing I don't understand, how does he do that with one compressor? Is it overclocked a lot? Breeder produces 60 energy, compressor makes ice once in 20 seconds non-overclocked. I only could balance it with 8 compressors, 2 4-overclocked and 6 3-overclocked.

Advanced machines-addon.

Yeah, but I'd wager they don't put the water in by bucket. I'd also wager that they don't just throw ice at it either (maybe in extreme circumstances where they need to cool quickly). But either way there has to be a more interesting way to setup the "nuclear reactor minigame".

Yeah, not like nuclear engineering would be completely different in the 1.3.2 version of IC2...oh wait.

Read his post. He was saying that Nuclear power is more rewarding because you have to earn the power it generates and you just can't sit and collect energy like you can with solar panels. I was saying that there is a difference between having to put effort into making something work and having to babysit something because you're afraid if you turn your back for too long there will be a crater where your lovely base was. :pinch: Also true about the nuclear waste, that would be kinda overkill on the realism though. I guess I would have just liked to see a little more depth in the components. Maybe more tiers of components or something. Like having different levels of coolant cells or something. I kinda feel like the Nuclear reactor system is a cheesy puzzle minigame and that it doesn't have much depth considering what it is. On the other hand though I'm not saying it should be completely realistic, it just should have a bit more to the innards of it. It also shouldn't be so easy to just pump it full of Ice and let it go. No stratedgy in it, and that's about the only way you get those lovely 2k Eu/T numbers that are getting thrown around (at least if you want to keep them for extended periods of time without a meltdown). Don't really see a need for that much power generation either unless you're just mass producing UU-Matter, but even then, it's still overkill.

On a side note, I like the idea of using the Nuclear reactor for power at a mine, since it won't matter so much if it goes boom there. I never thought of that. :thumbup:

You can easily get 2020EU/t with a 9x9x8 bucket CASUC without a risk of a meltdown if you know what you're doing.

As i have said befor its is not a blueprint and only a idea.. i will not take anymore time to draw out a plan cause you are fucking assholes..... i have real life shit to deal with AND REAL EQUTMENT to work on... fuck off you assholes, you think people need to do shit your way cause you think your so smart with code.. but couldnt change your car tire..

Hope you're not teaching english to anyone(although I seriously doubt that). We gave some critic and tossed around a few ideas how it might be made, you started calling us assholes. Then you repeat the same thing in two posts. After that you go completely off-topic and pull the "real life" card. Judging by your grammar and vocabulary you are either a bad troll, kid or a failure in life. If you don't have anything new to say please stop posting useless BS.